Autopsy Crack Open Each Other's Heads And Feast On The Goo Inside: Autopsy vs Lions

Remove this Banner Ad

The only thing I disagreed was the singling out of Hugh Greenwood.

If King wanted to be fair dinkum and blame the senior core, then he should have went at Ziebell. Instead he copped out and went an easy target in the new bloke.
Good call

The only thing I disagreed was the singling out of Hugh Greenwood.

If King wanted to be fair dinkum and blame the senior core, then he should have went at Ziebell. Instead he copped out and went an easy target in the new bloke.
I rarely ever listen to these opinion pieces or footy review show but I did listent to the North part of what Kingy had to say. I do agree that Greenwood didn't deserver to be singled out above several others but apart from that the majority of what he said was pretty reasonable.

I know there's the Bye Bye Nobles thread, and while I don't think it's dead-set serious just yet the reality is, the coaching staff have to ask themselves the hard questions - that is what defines leaders - are they willing to find and are they able to recognise the true root cause of the problem, and then are they willing to deal with it when it's presented?

Allegedly, it was Ron Barassi to Gary 'Crazy Horse' Cowton who said: "What is it with you? Is it ignorance or is it apathy?"
Cowton's response: "I don't know and I don't care"

If the current coachig staff opened with that question, and let's say they were able to come up with either respone as the primary cause of the team's current malaise, then where do they look to find the solution?

I just don’t get how Noble believes that line he delivered to LDU “if everyone plays their part and does the small things - that’s all we need to do”.

I don’t thing the small things fix a 100 point loss. I think need to be figuring out why people weren’t doing the small things in the first place

I just don’t get how Noble believes that line he delivered to LDU “if everyone plays their part and does the small things - that’s all we need to do”.

I don’t thing the small things fix a 100 point loss. I think need to be figuring out why people weren’t doing the small things in the first place

You need to do the small things to an elite level.

The basics. Done exceptionally well.

Some pretty good analysis on Fox First Crack with King, Dixon & Montagna.

They looked at our clearances and why we are so ineffective despite winning them. There are examples of where we have the option to handball out of congestion to someone clearer, but instead we throw it on our boot, not to the advantage of our forward and it gets turned over.

There are also examples of this in the backline, with Hall opting to bang it long to a one on one which is turned over, rather then using the 3 runners he has with him to transition the ball whilst retaining possession.

This is also compared to Carlton, who this year have given Cripps clear instruction to not bomb it from clearance, instead distributing it to Cerra or Walsh via handball, who can not only are better users, but also have space.

This is a coaching issue. They need to be instructed that this is the method of VAFA 3s.

I trace this back to 2002 and Adam Simpson and it has become part of this Clubs DNA

When I next visit Arden Street I anticipate reading this in the Gym-

“If in doubt Bomb it forward. Always”

Things I learned from this game:
  • Our confidence is fragile
  • Stephenson should always play in the midfield
  • Zurhaar is a half back flanker
  • Polec is past it
  • The forward line has no plan
  • The backline has no plan
  • The mids go too deep into both the back and forward line
  • Given that the seniors and reserves were both beaten by 100+ points the game plan is not up to standard when up against Brisbane Melbourne etc plan.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back