Autopsy Crack Open Each Other's Heads And Feast On The Goo Inside: Autopsy vs Lions

Remove this Banner Ad

Just looking at some stats, the most damning thing in my mind, is we laid 45 tackles for the game. The Lions made 50. Now if your getting flogged by over 100pts, its a pretty fair assumption the opposition has the ball in hand a lot more than you do, so should be getting tackled more. Furthermore, of those 45 tackles made, Hugh laid 10 and X laid 8,,,,thats 40pct of total tackles......WTF is everyone else doing?

The reality of it all is that the list isn’t that good, they are not coached well at all and the standards within the club are piss poor.

There is a reason it all feels so hopeless right now and that is because we don’t have an elite core driving and setting the expectations on a week to week basis.

Sadly I’m looking at the Captain and the senior players around him. Start there. For too long this club has shirked the tough calls and it’s been to our detriment.
We are the definition of meek. There is nothing bold in our direction at all and to think we could wind back to where we were this time last year and still be dishing out the same shithouse performances shows the level of care and dedication we expect as members just isn’t there.
The whole joint is simply a mess but let’s keep telling ourselves differently.
Extends into the shambles of the 2021-22 Membership that involves caring for people that give a s**t, when your the worst team of the previous season

The reality of it, is that we have very dumb players, who can't make the right decisions in game, panic when pressure is put on and no one is willing/capable of being an on field leader.

I'm sorry, and thank you for your service, but JZ just needs to be put out to pasture. The ib blinked when offering a 2 year deal and should’ve stuck by their offer of 1. The fact that the captain leveraged Tarrant leaving into an extra year to pad his own superannuation ans pay check shows that he prioritised himself over the club. And I get that it's a business and players need to look after themselves, that's their right. But the club should've looked after its best interests and not caved.

All JZ has done thid off season is show the boys that this is how you get that extra house in the property portfolio which Brad Scott has taught him so well. Look after your career outside of footy and the on field stuff is purely a pay check.

Captaincy should've been taken off him if he wasn't willing to step down. Place holder captain (like Greenwood who hasn't been part of the rotting existing culture) until JHF is ready in a few years and give it to him because he's shown more willingness to work hard both ways, dig in and show more heart than some blokes who've been on the list for 5+ years in only 3 games.

Name me a worse current day captain in the AFL. I had this conversation recently. I couldn't defend the argument that he is by the length of the flemington straight
Thing that shits me about Ziebell is every year same problem, comes back from the break like he hasn’t picked up a football for six months. fumbly as hell, by round ten he’ll be up and firing and we’ll forget, season shot, until the next year rolls around again and same issues.
its our captains way and systemic in this group.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Zeibell
Hall
Goldstein
Walker
Polec

These senior players must be transitioned out immediately.

Our team we fielded was not young, when you also add in Greenwood, Corr, LMac and Turner that's a very mature team that offered no resistance. Unacceptable and some of these players are to be made the example by being replaced this week.

If Noble wants to stamp his own imprimatur on this side he needs to get rid of most of these senior players at the end of the year as they are not up to it ability and leadership wise. I see a lot of berating the younger players when s**t hits the fan on the field but i never see these senior players hold each to account . It's weak leadership and it must be acted upon by Noble or he can piss off too.

Out: Jack, Goldy, Polec, Hall, Walker
In: Goater, Comben, LDU, Bonar, Atu

B: Atu Corr Bonar
HB: Goater BMac Young
C: Taylor LDU Stephenson
HF: Ford Larkey JHF
F: Zurhaar Comben Mahony

R: Xerri, Greenwood Simpkin

IC: LMac, Powell, Scott, Turner

Sub Perez

We have the worst list of senior.players and most must give way now.
Add Turner to that lot and you’ve nailed it

Just looking at some stats, the most damning thing in my mind, is we laid 45 tackles for the game. The Lions made 50. Now if your getting flogged by over 100pts, its a pretty fair assumption the opposition has the ball in hand a lot more than you do, so should be getting tackled more. Furthermore, of those 45 tackles made, Hugh laid 10 and X laid 8,,,,thats 40pct of total tackles......WTF is everyone else doing?
Too slow on spread
We not bad in the trenches but once it’s out say good night Irene

Some pretty good analysis on Fox First Crack with King, Dixon & Montagna.

They looked at our clearances and why we are so ineffective despite winning them. There are examples of where we have the option to handball out of congestion to someone clearer, but instead we throw it on our boot, not to the advantage of our forward and it gets turned over.

There are also examples of this in the backline, with Hall opting to bang it long to a one on one which is turned over, rather then using the 3 runners he has with him to transition the ball whilst retaining possession.

This is also compared to Carlton, who this year have given Cripps clear instruction to not bomb it from clearance, instead distributing it to Cerra or Walsh via handball, who can not only are better users, but also have space.

This is a coaching issue. They need to be instructed that this is the method of VAFA 3s.

Oh, piss off, Wayne. They sang the song like they were happier winning than losing, nothing more than that.
How are they supposed to sing it? If he was in their shoes, he wouldn’t sing the song with passion and feeling? Eff off.

Why do so many ex north players in the media love laying s**t on the club?

Some pretty good analysis on Fox First Crack with King, Dixon & Montagna.

They looked at our clearances and why we are so ineffective despite winning them. There are examples of where we have the option to handball out of congestion to someone clearer, but instead we throw it on our boot, not to the advantage of our forward and it gets turned over.

There are also examples of this in the backline, with Hall opting to bang it long to a one on one which is turned over, rather then using the 3 runners he has with him to transition the ball whilst retaining possession.

This is also compared to Carlton, who this year have given Cripps clear instruction to not bomb it from clearance, instead distributing it to Cerra or Walsh via handball, who can not only are better users, but also have space.

This is a coaching issue. They need to be instructed that this is the method of VAFA 3s.
We never managed to drum into the skipper not tp just throw it on the boot.. ...

I went to the game, this is how I saw it.

The lions had a clear game plan, sitting in the stands you could see it unfold on a regular basis, you knew what they were going to do yet our players on the field were helpless. We on the other hand might have had a game plan however I didn’t see one. We were all over the place, Noble said in the presser that we are not playing as we are in training, so I’m just hoping that the players are not implementing the game plan properly otherwise we are in for a long year.

Xerri: i thought he competed well in the ruck against bigger opponents, not sure if O was injured but Xerri got the better of him. Still clueless when he gets the ball though, I also think our players fail to utilize him as an outlet option often enough.

Bmac: Decent game from him, was up against a tricky opponent and more than held his own before he went down.

Corr: I like what he brings, ideally, he plays third tall, certainly played a decent game in defence and stopped plenty of attacks.

Lmac: Poor by his standard, was led to the ball too often, but the mids were not doing much to help.

Jz: Well, he was terrible, he's a decent sized player yet was getting pushed around by blokes half his size consistently, is not a defender and shouldn’t be played as one, his only option is forward and that might mean switching him with someone like CZ for the time being. He offered next to nothing in defence and constantly blasted blindly.

Hall: He was flaky, was trying stuff yet none of it wasn’t working. His kicking was mostly poor, eventually looked to have given up, but at least tried to make things happen for 3 quarters, which is more than many others in the team.

Simpkin: Looking at the stats it would appear he had a nice game, however watching him live he was average at best, turning the ball over, putting teammates under the pump not applying pressure, not dropping back to help out in defence. Simpkin gets a lot of love on here, talks of being the next captain, however I hope we consider other options, he is a decent player, but his kicking is poor, his decision making is questionable and doesn't influence games enough due to the inability to take a contested mark one on one or provide an option forward. If we are serious about going places Jy needs to be the 5th or 6th best mid in the side. Which is possible with the likes of LDU, JHF, Thomas, and hopefully WP, coming through.

Larkey: Speaking of captains, I hope we at least consider him as an option moving forward.
He was constantly working his butt off, and while he didn't get much of it, he was still the only likely source for us to score. Worked hard but no one could kick it to him properly.

Powell: Wasn’t great, probably needs a stint in the VFL for a few weeks to get himself going.

Goldy: He isn’t a forward and it shows, he can play resting forward, but this 50-60% stuff isn’t working, nor does the kicking to him though.

CZ: Was poor, maybe swing him into D50 to get him going.

Polec: No words, did nothing.

Greenwood: was OK, worked well in close, but doesn’t look to be moving well.

JHF: Yeah nice game will be a star, knew what to do with the ball when he got it, great tackling and excellent in the contest.

Stevo: An improvement still did some strange stuff, but keeps his spot.

Turner: Did a tagging job and was somewhat effective, however offered nothing offensively and rarely does.

Young: Was average, is a depth player for now.

Taylor: Probably one of his better games.

Mahony: Didn’t have much influence did some nice things though. Has a footy brain, just lacks the skill at the moment.

Ford: Didn’t have much of it, but looked like he was the only one able to grab a contested mark, should have been given a run in the middle, couldnt have been any worse that what was served up in there.

Walker: Nothing special, was average.

Scott: Was poor, needs a stint in the twos.

All in all it was hard to watch from the stands, we looked lost out there, players were stagnant and when we got the ball we turned it over far too often, kicking blindly or dishing off to players about the be tackled.

Hopefully that’s our worst performance of the year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back