Moved Thread Craig Hutchison - How does he have a job?

Remove this Banner Ad

theprospect

Club Legend
Saints Pledge Contributor
Sep 26, 2016
Melbourne
AFL Club
St Kilda
Suggested tonight that Paddy McCartin was a mistake at Pick 1 by St. Kilda, and that Bontempelli is "surely the best player from that draft". Suggested they should have taken him at Pick 1 the year after he was drafted.

Bontempelli - Drafted at Pick 4 in 2013
McCartin - Drafted at Pick 1 in 2014

I mean come on, that's just pathetic. Absolutely hilarious, and shows how lazy and stupid he is, it really baffles me sometimes how he and Damian Barrett in particular get so much media attention.

Has some really out there opinions

Suggested Eade will be sacked this year then was asked if winning a final would save him, dodged the question - surely implying he thought Eade was done regardless of how successful this year is for the Suns

Wat

Last edited:

100% agree. Would rather listen to 4 Caro's than just 1 Hutchy

Caro can at least talk sense.

Almost every week on FC, Hutchy just makes stupid calls just to attract attention (e.g. Leon Cameron not being good enough or Eade sacked even after a finals victory). I know that everybody has their own opinions, but his just seem so extreme compared to others, to the point where they're better left unsaid.

Last edited:
Has some really out there opinions

Suggested Eade will be sacked this year then was asked if winning a final would save him, dodged the question - surely implying he thought Eade was done regardless of how successful this year is for the Suns

Wat
Eade is on shaky ground , nothing short of a top 8 position will save him. It's finals or bust for Eade.

Caro can at least talk sense.

Almost every week on FC, Hutchy just makes stupid calls just to attract attention (e.g. Leon Cameron not being good enough or Eade sacked even after a finals victory). I know that everybody has their own opinions, but his just seem so extreme compared to others, to the point where they're better remained unsaid.
I agree with his Cameron assessment, with the list he has at the Giants they should walk in this year's premiership, yet all of a sudden the Crows are the favourites. The pressure is on Cameron and i think Hutchy was highlighting that point!

Footy journalism is laziness personified

Most of them only work in the media because they'd be no good anywhere else. Last resort, media, where you score jobs purely by knowing someone. In Hutchy's case, he wouldn't score a job picking fly poop out of the pepper at Anchor Foods .... unless he knew someone.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Eade is on shaky ground , nothing short of a top 8 position will save him. It's finals or bust for Eade.
Kind of tangential to Hutchys apparent view that Eade will and should be sacked even if a final is won

Hes a smarmy smart arse. Cant stand him. Ignorant and unfunny. Footy show perfect for him.

The entire AFL footy show is a struggle to watch.

I understand why the NRL footy show wins all the awards. It is simply better. More creative segments, proper match and team analysis, proper community involvement, variety of different players interviewed, etc.

The AFL footy show nowadays is just:
- Making fun of each others physical appearance.
- The same great but overhyped players on the panel. (Montagna, Dal Santo, Heppell, Dal Santo, Riewoldt, Heppell, Montagna, Dangerfield, Dal Santo, etc.)
- What are Tex Walker and Stevie J getting up to, what are they tweeting, where will they be interviewed (from the couch, in a teammates locker, on the toilet, etc.). Is it a surprise to find out they are the first two the show decides to hear from through live tweets in its first two weeks of the year? No surprise at all.
- Sam's constant ranting on politics, Essendon, politics, rules, umpires, Essendon, politics, etc.
- Rushed match previews (4 to 5 in the last 3 minutes of the show. Pathetic!).
- Rubbish segments (don't get me started on that 'Sookie La La Land' crap).
- Sometimes it even becomes a Geelong fap-fest!

Hutchy was the rotten cherry on top of an off-tasting cake.

Last edited:
I'm constantly amazed at how Hutchison & Barrett both still have a roll in the media
I know Barrett got his spot by doing all the dumpster diving for Hutchy, when Hutchy got too fat to get back out of the bins, but I thought one of the tv producers would have twigged that they are both absolute scum by now

The entire AFL footy show is a struggle to watch.

I understand why the NRL footy show wins all the awards. It is simply better. More creative segments, proper match and team analysis, proper community involvement, variety of different players interviewed, etc.

The AFL footy show nowadays is just:
- Making fun of each others physical appearance.
- The same great but overhyped players on the panel. (Montagna, Dal Santo, Heppell, Dal Santo, Riewoldt, Heppell, Montagna, Dangerfield, Dal Santo, etc.)
- What are Tex Walker and Stevie J getting up to, what are they tweeting, where will they be interviewed (from the couch, in a teammates locker, on the toilet, etc.). Is it a surprise to find out they are the first two the show decides to hear from through live tweets in the first two shows of the year? No surprise at all.
- Sam's constant ranting on politics, Essendon, politics, rules, umpires, Essendon, politics, etc.
- Rushed match previews (4 to 5 in the last 3 minutes of the show. Pathetic!).
- Rubbish segments (don't get me started on that 'Sookie La La Land' crap).
- Sometimes it even becomes a Geelong fap-fest!

Hutchy was the rotten cherry on top of an off-tasting cake.
nail.jpeg

He and Caro have the best sources in the AFL. Helps when are good mates with Pickers.
As for the McCartin statement. Saying no different to what has been said on here.

He's a muppet of the highest order and his footy knowledge is constantly being shown up as being terrible with some of the stupid comments he makes.

Footy Classified went downhill when he took over as host, thankfully Garry Lyon is back this year, no surprise TFS is also struggling now with Hutchy hosting.

Not hard to be a footy journalist. Dumb audience in general, all you need to focus on are shock comments and bringing a sense of 'seriousness' to your voice with a radical opinion.

Robbo just stands over Whatley, he doesn't respect him at all, Whatley is far more experienced and knowledgeable but Robbo just talks over him and is just a bogan. Hutchy and Barrett are shock jocks, you can tell they just feed off controversial points and nothing positive or actually interesting.

He's very well connected in the media and runs his own media company. He's never going to go without a job even if he does say some stupid things.
He's a muppet of the highest order and his footy knowledge is constantly being shown up as being terrible with some of the stupid comments he makes.

Footy Classified went downhill when he took over as host, thankfully Garry Lyon is back this year, no surprise TFS is also struggling now with Hutchy hosting.
Well he was basically the original Damian Barrett. Not all that surprising that his actual footy knowledge isn't that great. I actually don't mind him on radio but on TV he just comes across as a troll looking to spark a bit of controversy.

Not really sure what people expect from Channel 9 shows and presenters though. They haven't had the footy in a decade or whatever it is. They're not attracting the right sorts of people to run these shows because what smart person would want to have a job talking footy on a station that doesn't air footy? Nine really doesn't have a lot of options.

The Footy Show has been dying a slow death for years. It's not a bit funny anymore, they hardly talk any actual footy and their entire focus seems to be on grabbing attention on social media. The ratings might be at their worst now with Hutchy but he's hardly to blame. People would much rather switch onto Fox Footy where they'll actually talk footy, instead of watching an unfunny show that tries to be funny and edgy.

Not hard to be a footy journalist. Dumb audience in general, all you need to focus on are shock comments and bringing a sense of 'seriousness' to your voice with a radical opinion.

Robbo just stands over Whatley, he doesn't respect him at all, Whatley is far more experienced and knowledgeable but Robbo just talks over him and is just a bogan. Hutchy and Barrett are shock jocks, you can tell they just feed off controversial points and nothing positive or actually interesting.
Yeah it's amusing how serious some people take these blokes.

They are being paid to generate discussion. In today's world with social media being so big, you can draw a lot of attention by making outlandish statements or having heated arguments on TV.

Don't get me wrong some of them do genuinely seem idiotic. People want to listen and talk footy though all the time. It's why a clown like Kevin Bartlett can go on SEN every morning be pretty much clueless and still get attention.

I always thought the 360 vibe was more "organist and dancing monkey".

Whatley regularly reins in Robbo's bullshit. Robbo has the odd rant but he knows who runs the show.

Oh, and regarding the OP, "Hutchy" must have fallen arse-backwards into this gig because his backup career involves a mop and bucket.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back