Moved Thread Craig Hutchison - How does he have a job?

Remove this Banner Ad

I like him, mainly for his sense of humour and how he gets stuck into Caro (even though I like her too)

Is he married or in a relationship?

Oh, and regarding the OP, "Hutchy" must have fallen arse-backwards into this gig because his backup career involves a mop and bucket.

He's one of the most influential people in the game given he (through Crocmedia) practically owns the radio rights, as well as producing other footy related content for channel 9 (he runs the TAC Cup & AFLW show).

Also, I dare say his wallet is as fat as his rather ample guts.

Is hastening the death of the footy show for better or worse. Expends too much energy trying to be accepted, and Sam knows and levers this - just lacks the charisma, likeability and breadth of character to lead the show.

No idea...but the true mystery is still how this wrist slashingly boring flog still appears occasionally on my tv.
View attachment 358957
Ha you are right.
He does however, know that he isnt an ex player and his expertise are not footy knowledge and he doesnt do a bad job as a genuine host and faciltator of those who are. Just my opinion.

He's one of the most influential people in the game given he (through Crocmedia) practically owns the radio rights, as well as producing other footy related content for channel 9 (he runs the TAC Cup & AFLW show).

Also, I dare say his wallet is as fat as his rather ample guts.
I find this astounding. Honestly.

The guy either has (very well hidden) brains, or getting influence in AFL media circles is like getting hold of Russian Fossil fuel assets... it's all about who you know!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hutch us good and has calmed down a lot from ten years ago. He spends 6 months in Australia watching footy then 6 months living in the states watching and following nfl every year.

He's doing something right.

The entire AFL footy show is a struggle to watch.

I understand why the NRL footy show wins all the awards. It is simply better. More creative segments, proper match and team analysis, proper community involvement, variety of different players interviewed, etc.

The AFL footy show nowadays is just:
- Making fun of each others physical appearance.
- The same great but overhyped players on the panel. (Montagna, Dal Santo, Heppell, Dal Santo, Riewoldt, Heppell, Montagna, Dangerfield, Dal Santo, etc.)
- What are Tex Walker and Stevie J getting up to, what are they tweeting, where will they be interviewed (from the couch, in a teammates locker, on the toilet, etc.). Is it a surprise to find out they are the first two the show decides to hear from through live tweets in the first two shows of the year? No surprise at all.
- Sam's constant ranting on politics, Essendon, politics, rules, umpires, Essendon, politics, etc.
- Rushed match previews (4 to 5 in the last 3 minutes of the show. Pathetic!).
- Rubbish segments (don't get me started on that 'Sookie La La Land' crap).
- Sometimes it even becomes a Geelong fap-fest!

Hutchy was the rotten cherry on top of an off-tasting cake.

The fundamental issue is that there are plenty of more "serious" footy shows out there these days, especially on Foxtel. But even things like Footy Classified and Talking Footy at least make an attempt to talk about the actual footy for people who want genuine debate and discussion.

So TFS is for the Bargain Basement Bogan crowd only, the sort of people who want "comedy" skits and Dad jokes and fake-conflict blokey banter....

I think he was just meaning to say that in hindsight St Kilda should have picked up Bontempelli over Billings. Got his drafts mixed up.

But I agree. He is a fat campaigner.

I find this astounding. Honestly.

The guy either has (very well hidden) brains, or getting influence in AFL media circles is like getting hold of Russian Fossil fuel assets... it's all about who you know!

He's definitely not a dunce, even if he plays one on TV.

Suggested tonight that Paddy McCartin was a mistake at Pick 1 by St. Kilda, and that Bontempelli is "surely the best player from that draft". Suggested they should have taken him at Pick 1 the year after he was drafted.

Bontempelli - Drafted at Pick 4 in 2013
McCartin - Drafted at Pick 1 in 2014

I mean come on, that's just pathetic. Absolutely hilarious, and shows how lazy and stupid he is, it really baffles me sometimes how he and Damian Barrett in particular get so much media attention.
well McCartin looks a bust. but yes he is an idiot. also has a job because his company croc media have a lot of the rights for radio and do the vfl coverage etc

No idea...but the true mystery is still how this wrist slashingly boring flog still appears occasionally on my tv.
View attachment 358957

Simpsons version

latest

Owning Crocmedia means he would have a massive say in deciding what footy shows he appears on.

He comes across as a smarmy knob, but he has a lot of power behind the scenes.

"The masses are as fickle as *" said Machiavelli, "to accept such infamous garbage".

Sub-human on how he treated Jon Hay and how he twisted his interview and caused the dude to lapse.

Did his best to balls up a police investigation with Milne/Montagna, Koschitzke probably owes him thanks for his house however

He's a poor mans Mcguire, Sure he's a hard worker behind the scene's, But he's lack of charisma his inability to think on the fly makes him a piss poor media presenter which is all he ever wanted to be

Stick to print media with Bazil, where your dumb opinions are at least articulated properly and fact checked.

I'm completely convinced that putting that fat, uncharismatic, mumbly bloke in front of a television camera is part of an elaborate troll that the perpetrator just hasn't owned up to yet.

I did like Robbo having a go at the Footy Show's failing ratings with Jabba at the helm.

An adult that admits that they have not cooked a meal for themselves in 20 years, is a serious oxygen waster.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back