Craig Hutchison - North to Tassie

Remove this Banner Ad

The emotion is a big issue and I do see that so much history will be lost if North Melbourne does re locate to Hobart, but the reason there was so much heart break with Fitzroy in the first place is because the identity of the club was completely lost as they were completely taken over by Brisbane and have nothing based in Melbourne. At leased if North does move to Tassie their identity will be kept, they won’t be merging with anyone and will still get 9 games in Melbourne anyway to reconnect with fans.

Last Fridays match was really poor, even if more fans had gamed into Etihad Stadium there still would of been little passion from the stands, as had been the case most weeks at Etihad. I don’t see the huge loss in todays day and age. There are no such things as home grounds anymore anyway, whats the difference between going to play at a concrete stadium at Etihad or playing games in Tasmania.

It can benefit North in so many ways economically with their membership numbers swelling to over 50K with so many Tasmania members signing up. Also if the AFL wants to truly “Nationalize the game” than they need have a team in Tasmania, what better way than evening things out by taking another team out of Victoria which is way to crowded and is effecting other clubs.

Like Hutchy, when you consider all these things, it really is a no brainier for the Roos, the AFL and the future of our great game.
I see no consideration for the people of Tasmania in your post.

They actually deserve better than having a Victorian club dumped on them.

Permanent training base in Hobart, move primarily to Tassie.
Name just the Kangaroos - no Tassie or North Melbourne
9 games in Tassie, 9 in Melbourne, 4 out of Vic/Tas
5 games in Hobart, 4 in Launceston, 2 home games at Etihad
7 away games at Etihad/MCG
AFLW team based in Tassie

Not a bad idea...
Send them there permanently and prop them up financially until it works, most of their away games will be in Melbourne anyway

Permanent training base in Hobart, move primarily to Tassie.
Name just the Kangaroos - no Tassie or North Melbourne
9 games in Tassie, 9 in Melbourne, 4 out of Vic/Tas
5 games in Hobart, 4 in Launceston, 2 home games at Etihad
7 away games at Etihad/MCG
AFLW team based in Tassie

Not a bad idea...
Alternatively, a new team in Tassie and NT, 20 team league and top 10 finals series, the broadcasters would love it!

But what I was really referring to was nothing was really left AFL wise for the history of Fitzroy.

I'm not sure what you mean. The Brisbane Lions are the custodians of Fitzroy's VFL-AFL history in the AFL. They run a very good Historical Museum that features mostly Fitzroy's History,

HS2.jpg

have a Fitzroy - Brisbane Historical Society...

Historical_Society_Header_WEB.jpg

and wear the Fitzroy jumper in AFL matches occasionally

Fitzroy-Guernsey-hero.jpg

389449-tlsgalleryportrait.jpg

Picture is from the 2015 Round 16 match against Melbourne.

But you would have to agree so many Fizroy fans like yourself have probably stopped watching AFL and watch this instead because of how much heartbreak was associated with the merger.

Why can't I watch both? I'll be heading to the Fitzroy game at Brunswick Street at the Brunswick Street Oval this coming Saturday afternoon and heading to the Brisbane Lions and Essendon at Etihad on this coming Sunday.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back