Rumour Craig Macrae new Collingwood Coach

Remove this Banner Ad

A lot of people have bagged out the Pies in this process yet seem to think that Carlton would be the better option for any coach and I just do not see the logic in this argument.
For a start, I think most people would say that Carlton have a better list. Very good spine to work with in Weitering - Jones - Walsh - Curnow - McKay.

Pies list looks like it needs a fair bit of work.

For a start, I think most people would say that Carlton have a better list. Very good spine to work with in Weitering - Jones - Walsh - Curnow - McKay.

Pies list looks like it needs a fair bit of work.

It’s better, but not streets ahead.

Pies have a better development program and good operators in the main footy roles such as Hine and Wright.

It’s better, but not streets ahead.

Pies have a better development program and good operators in the main footy roles such as Hine and Wright.
I think it's years ahead. What does Collingwood's spine look like? Who is their main forward? Elliott? Cox? Mihocek? Slim pickings.

Are you telling me that Leppa turned down the Collingwood top gig so he could balance being an assistant while appearing on TV for 5-10 mins a week?

all I was doing was calling out your demonstrably false assumption that no assistant coaches have media gigs.

If it’s years ahead, why did Carlton only win 2 more games than Collingwood this year?
That argument could be made for any 2 teams on the ladder.

Carlton have a list with a heap of talent, just needs the right coach to bring it together with stable admin. Can't say the same of Collingwood. I reckon Carlton make finals before Collingwood does.

It’s why you need to be very careful when wanting to move a coach on. How does anyone think McCrae will be better than Buckley.

If you are gonna sack your coach, you’d better make sure you’ve got the bloke you want already in the bag to do it in my opinion

Is that you Rats?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

mitchell, clarko, lyon, pike, brad scott, voss, leppitch, a few more, a bit of daylight..... fly
My info is that Pies were never interested in Lyon, and Wrighty is not a big fan of Brad Scott, their preference was for someone who would eat less into the soft cap, though had to ask the question of Clarko. They wanted Pike to go through the process but he preferred to stay in Sydney to be part of the what is going with the Swans and for family reasons. Kingsley and Graham were highly rated through the interview process.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back