Coach Craig McRae

Remove this Banner Ad

Flowers In The Dirt Yes GIF by Paul McCartney
I do, I am, I will, I can't get enough

Even oppo supporters are enjoying the brand of football that fly has constructed at the Pies.
That in itself speaks volumes.
From a personal perspective, I was at the point that watching my mighty club play was no longer giving me enjoyment. The stagnant play, kicking backwards, the inevitable fumble or miskick, the lack of skill that I knew was a result of poor coaching. I know I wasnā€™t alone in this view.
But oh my god what a revelation the last 18 months have been. I am even able to watch losses now because I know we never give in, we always are in with a chance. And the skills have suddenly become elite. From the same players!
Thank you Craig. You must have impressed the panel who hired you as an unproven at this level product. But you have delivered on every aspect of the game, from skills to game plan to recruitment to absolute enjoyment from the players and supporters.
Hard to believe a man who had a hand in two of our worst days is now a hero of our great club.
Quoted because its my exact story also. First and foremost I want to be entertained. McRae is like that moment where the ball hits the bat in the sweet spot and is always going over the fence. Everything is turning to gold. I can't help but feel sorry for Bucks, his coaching experience seemed the exact opposite.

Said this last year, but heā€™s changing the game.
Along with Wadeā€¦

Heā€™s just an EPL/NFL manager. Which is how it should be.

The crew in the box know whatā€™s going on and can make the calls. He just needs to make sure heā€™s asking them the right questions /problems to solve.

Noticed at qtr/3qtr time he didnā€™t come out until after a few mins. Which gives the line coaches time to talk about whatā€™s happening.

The league will look back in 5-10 years and see this guy as absolutely visionary in how he went about coaching /managing a team.

He will always demand experienced and strong assistants because they are the ones that actually run the show.

As for wadeā€¦.the guy will name his price if we have a second year of limited soft tissue injuries and keep running over the top of teams. From day 1 last pre season Iā€™ve loved the way he trains the players. Itā€™s no coincidence that we outrun most teams over the last 13 monthsā€¦hope that continues!!
And I hope he stays!!!!

Was disappointed when we missed out on Clarkson initially. Now there isnā€™t a coach that Iā€™d swap Fly for in the land. Weā€™ve got an absolute generational leader here.
Yup agree.
I never wanted Clarkson because I thought the price tag was too high for a coachā€¦.not because heā€™s not great. Just canā€™t pay that much to a coach. Will burn in the long run.

But McRae has blown me away.
Wade as well.

Notice how most coaches now are on the boundary?
Name 1 time Mccrae has been in the box!
He got two former afl head coaches and has let them do their thing.
Heā€™s a figurehead. A talisman.
He runs the show strategically. But letā€™s them run it tactically.

Itā€™s NFL/EPL at its finest. Other clubs are now following suit. No wonder.

ps. He has a vibe of ā€œI do t know what Iā€™m doing and letā€™s all jump on the trainā€ when talking to the press.

I challenge anyone to feel more excited about bucks/mayhouse pressers than Fly.
He relates to everyone about how he speaks. He doesnā€™t use high language. He doesnā€™t go into his shell.
Heā€™s honest, uses simple language and conveys enthusiasmā€¦..how the F could you hate him?

Granted things are going wellā€¦but on evidence to date, heā€™s pretty bloody good!!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

ps. He has a vibe of ā€œI do t know what Iā€™m doing and letā€™s all jump on the trainā€ when talking to the press.

He relates to everyone about how he speaks. He doesnā€™t use high language. He doesnā€™t go into his shell.
Heā€™s honest, uses simple language and conveys enthusiasmā€¦..how the F could you hate him?

Granted things are going wellā€¦but on evidence to date, heā€™s pretty bloody good!!!
Ive never taken any interest in pre or post match coach press conferences. Apart from maybe when Mick had the shits about something. šŸ˜‚. But Flys are actually worth listening to. Heā€™ll tell ya exactly whatā€™s going on without trying to throw in metaphors and other word salad. When they pressed him on the Horne-Francis booing he just said he tells his kids he doesnā€™t like booing and heā€˜ll leave it at that. Flog journos go fishing for a slip up headline and he swats them away like a master. šŸ˜

Said this last year, but heā€™s changing the game.
Along with Wadeā€¦

Heā€™s just an EPL/NFL manager. Which is how it should be.

The crew in the box know whatā€™s going on and can make the calls. He just needs to make sure heā€™s asking them the right questions /problems to solve.

Noticed at qtr/3qtr time he didnā€™t come out until after a few mins. Which gives the line coaches time to talk about whatā€™s happening.

The league will look back in 5-10 years and see this guy as absolutely visionary in how he went about coaching /managing a team.

He will always demand experienced and strong assistants because they are the ones that actually run the show.

As for wadeā€¦.the guy will name his price if we have a second year of limited soft tissue injuries and keep running over the top of teams. From day 1 last pre season Iā€™ve loved the way he trains the players. Itā€™s no coincidence that we outrun most teams over the last 13 monthsā€¦hope that continues!!
And I hope he stays!!!!
I hope we win a flag or two.

Ive never taken any interest in pre or post match coach press conferences. Apart from maybe when Mick had the shits about something. šŸ˜‚. But Flys are actually worth listening to. Heā€™ll tell ya exactly whatā€™s going on without trying to throw in metaphors and other word salad. When they pressed him on the Horne-Francis booing he just said he tells his kids he doesnā€™t like booing and heā€˜ll leave it at that. Flog journos go fishing for a slip up headline and he swats them away like a master. šŸ˜
Fly is such a straight, plain language guy that the journos are completely bamboozled -they're looking for twists and bullsh#t and there's none to be had

Fly is such a straight, plain language guy that the journos are completely bamboozled -they're looking for twists and bullsh#t and there's none to be had
Billy Frampton debuts last week. Fly tells them early in the week ā€œYeah Billy will playā€ šŸ˜. Heā€™s cutting out some much pointless speculation and bullshit from them they must be hating it. šŸ˜‚

Billy Frampton debuts last week. Fly tells them early in the week ā€œYeah Billy will playā€ šŸ˜. Heā€™s cutting out some much pointless speculation and bullshit from them they must be hating it. šŸ˜‚
they might not get a headline out of him but apparently the journos like him, I heard Ed say that he makes a point of shaking each journos hand before pressers and introduces himself to oneā€™s he hasnā€™t met before. Killing them with kindness.

What Fly gives the media is better than any clickbait headline from them relentlessly prodding and poking and getting a coach to slip up. He gives them actual substance and open answers write informative and interesting articles. Sometimes its surprising how much he gives them, but even them I'm sure he's calculated about what he chooses not to reveal.

(I'm surprised they haven't learnt that he can't be sucked into giving them a cheap headline after all the bullshit they tried and failed to get him to say about De Goey and Ginnivan last year)

Fly strikes me as an expert that knows exactly what he is doing and is comfortable with that. He is not reactive to the questions that might be thrown at him. I don't believe we should assume he is not capable of twists and turns when it suits ;)