Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 27, 2007
Fremantle
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Arsenal
http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2009/12/31/2783543.htm

Yet another crazy decision by Ange. Ange is single-handedly killing Brisbane Roar. Craig Moore is an experienced, quality centre-back in the A-League and you don't release these type of players. He obviously can't connect with the players and now they have lost their captain as well as Miller, one of the best players in the A-League.

It certainly seems like he's losing the dressing room.

Loosing Moore before the World Cup is understandable, but to lose him for good is pathetic.

There's almost no excuse that could be good enough with this decision.

I wouldn't be surprised to see another A-League club have a shot at him, perhaps Heart?

I dont see how hes screwing up. Hes moving on the hasbeens and giving youth a crack.

He moved on Miller to give Sarota and Nicholls a go and now hes moving on Moore to sign Van Djik up as a marquee, allowing Devere to lead the defence. Makes perfect sense to me

Moore just being a baby cos he didnt want his bum buddy Miller to go. He needs to harden up and realise it was the best thing for the team rather then taking it as a swipe at his ego and having a sook about it.

Ange is by far the best coach in the A-League and will prove it if given the chance

I dont see how hes screwing up. Hes moving on the hasbeens and giving youth a crack.

He moved on Miller to give Sarota and Nicholls a go and now hes moving on Moore to sign Van Djik up as a marquee, allowing Devere to lead the defence. Makes perfect sense to me

Moore just being a baby cos he didnt want his bum buddy Miller to go. He needs to harden up and realise it was the best thing for the team rather then taking it as a swipe at his ego and having a sook about it.

Ange is by far the best coach in the A-League and will prove it if given the chance

I'm not sure Ang is the best coach in the A League embers, but you are correct that he is moving on the older players and giving the young guys a chance...next season you'll see a totally different looking Roar side and seeing as the old guard achieved nothing the decision is a good one imo. Moore was going to leave in January anyway, so it makes no difference at all to the Roar's chances (which are minimal to nothing anyway). Moore will now go to Europe before probably coming back after the WC and signing for GC where he can play with his mate again.

Van Dijk won't be offered much more money...he'll either sign what is offered or most probably leave for more money...the Roar's marquee will hopefully be a bit more high profile than Van Dijk who isn't the most popular player up here with the supporters anyway. They want to keep him desperately but I think clubs are starting to realise a Marquee needs to get bums on seats, so it is time to aim a little higher.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2009/12/31/2783543.htm

Yet another crazy decision by Ange. Ange is single-handedly killing Brisbane Roar. Craig Moore is an experienced, quality centre-back in the A-League and you don't release these type of players. He obviously can't connect with the players and now they have lost their captain as well as Miller, one of the best players in the A-League.

Wasn't Ange's fault. Moore made an ultimatum, and the club have stuck with the coach. NO INDIVIDUAL is bigger than the club. Obviously Moore has a little too many tickets on himself. Any professional should be able to get along with their colleagues for the betterment of the organisation, god knows I have to get along with some doozies at work, so surely footballers should be able to do it too.

The Roar have now lost coach, captain, star import and goalkeeper from the team which finished third last season.

Poor management, or poor team spirit?

Glory's coach isn't much better so you can't talk about Ange.....

Anyway as predicted Ange is screwing it all up. Not unexpected to be honest.

Lol I see what you did there...

Yep quite crazy the stuff hes up to, releasing one of the best players at the club in Miller, followed by the captain.

If he can bring in other quality players in place of them, then it could prove to be smart. But at the moment he is killing the team. Needs to bring someone in January.

Craig Moore is a knob. That's pretty much the long and the short of it.

Wasn't Ange's fault. Moore made an ultimatum, and the club have stuck with the coach. NO INDIVIDUAL is bigger than the club. Obviously Moore has a little too many tickets on himself. Any professional should be able to get along with their colleagues for the betterment of the organisation, god knows I have to get along with some doozies at work, so surely footballers should be able to do it too.

The Roar have now lost coach, captain, star import and goalkeeper from the team which finished third last season.

Poor team spirit obviously. The younger guys stole there spots and they had a cry. Move on yesterday, bring on tomorrow I say

what are you basing 'Ange is by far the best coach in the A-League' on embers, or did you just throw that in for fun?

As for moorey its pretty obvious he just used this as a way out as he knew they wouldnt sack him after just appointing him.

Poor management leading to poor team spirit. As soon as he took over he needed to connect with the group, and he didn't. Now Miller and Moore have left (Miller already showing Ange what he can do at GCU) and I reckon the dressing room must not be a happy place.

Drunk Frank may have had personal issues, but he had the confidence of the players and was an okay coach. Ange is an average coach who is pissing off the players.

Glory's coach isn't much better so you can't talk about Ange.....

:thumbsu::D

Drunk Frank may have had personal issues, but he had the confidence of the players and was an okay coach. Ange is an average coach who is pissing off the players.

Frank had created a side that was very cliquey, hence the problems for the new coach. The best thing for the future of the club is now happening, which is a clearout of the old and we'll see a new look side at Roar next season that Ang can call his own. Then we'll be able to give a proper assessment of his coaching abilities good, bad or otherwise.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Its one thing to let go a "has been" its another to let go a team captain. Who are they young "up and comers suppose to look upto now" Danny Tiatto?!?
It was a joke, Ange is giving his buddies he coached at youth level a free ride frankly put. Roar looked like a shambles at times against wellington, they played great counter attacking football but couldnt control in the Phoenix's half which points to a lack of strong leaders.
Ange needs to go, he destroyed the Aussie youth team when he was in charge and now he's applying the same stupid play at the Roar. I won't be going to another game

So what were Roar supposed to do? just let Craig Moore decide who the club signs and who he'll play for? It worked a treat with Bob Malcolm :D Roar has been a little drinking boys club and now Postocoglu is doing the correct thing by changing it...

Roar have just signed a 29 Year old Belgian CB who has a couple of Caps for Belgium I think. They are also looking at signing a Costa Rican CM but not sure how that is going...

Good bump.:p

Hindsight is a wonderful thing. At the time this thread was perfectly entitled because it looked like Ange was making a big mistake. A year or so on and his plan has worked to perfection. The Roar are now by far the best footballing team in the country and everything he has touched has turned to gold.

He has well and truly proved me and many others wrong.

0.jpg

LOL @ that pic Embers.

Time for the Glory to take a similar route? F*** off the older players (gracefully of course) and play the youth. Our youth team is one of the best in the league, yet we field the oldest side in the A-League... does not compute.

LOL @ that pic Embers.

Time for the Glory to take a similar route? F*** off the older players (gracefully of course) and play the youth. Our youth team is one of the best in the league, yet we field the oldest side in the A-League... does not compute.

Dont have the youth quite up to the level of the Roar though. I think you need to get rid of Fowler and sign well a good player ala Broich, need to actually keep Chris Coyne. A sprinkling of stolen players from other teams (Mark Hughes is a good start) mixed with the youth. That and sack the coach........ Wow Glory suck

Remove this Banner Ad

Back