Multiplat Crash Team Racing Nitro Fueled - Release 21/06/19

Remove this Banner Ad

Well i mean yeah....

Wasn't really planning to play this online tbh

From what I've heard, you earn the in-game currency at a pretty slow pace offline. Unfortunate, but it is what it is. If you don't care about all the cosmetic stuff though it shouldn't be a big deal.

Online is completely broken atm; players teleporting around everywhere and heaps of lag. Seems to be happening to everyone so hoping they fix the servers soon

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So I've just beaten Oxide on Adventure mode, playing Classic Mode as Crash. General thoughts/feelings so far, as someone who grew up playing the original:

- The tracks all look amazing, cannot complain about the graphics one bit. Same with all the characters, everything in that sense looks great and is completely faithful to the original

- The remake is definitely harder than the original. I did a run through half of the original adventure mode yesterday and I was thrashing the opposition. On Nitro Fuelled I am getting similar times but the AI is challenging me the whole way. The AI is also ruthless with weapon use in the re-make.

- The feel of the carts is fairly similar to the original. It perhaps feels just a bit more "slippery" than the original if that makes sense. Turning isn't quite as tight, and I've just done a relic race, and I'm finding it harder to aim my cart at the time boxes than I did on the original. But overall I can't complain too much.

- Online servers are trash atm, am hoping they will get fixed over the weekend.

Overall I'm very happy with it, just need the online servers to get up and running properly. I've also heard that the hard mode on the Nitro Fuelled Adventure mode is seriously tough even for veteran players so I'm looking forward to trying that at some stage too.

So I've just beaten Oxide on Adventure mode, playing Classic Mode as Crash. General thoughts/feelings so far, as someone who grew up playing the original:

- The tracks all look amazing, cannot complain about the graphics one bit. Same with all the characters, everything in that sense looks great and is completely faithful to the original

- The remake is definitely harder than the original. I did a run through half of the original adventure mode yesterday and I was thrashing the opposition. On Nitro Fuelled I am getting similar times but the AI is challenging me the whole way. The AI is also ruthless with weapon use in the re-make.

- The feel of the carts is fairly similar to the original. It perhaps feels just a bit more "slippery" than the original if that makes sense. Turning isn't quite as tight, and I've just done a relic race, and I'm finding it harder to aim my cart at the time boxes than I did on the original. But overall I can't complain too much.

Overall I'm very happy with it, just need the online servers to get up and running properly. I've also heard that the hard mode on the Nitro Fuelled Adventure mode is seriously tough even for veteran players so I'm looking forward to trying that at some stage too.
I was brilliant at this game, but Pinstripe's level always ****ed me. Every.Single.Time.

That's the full campaign if I remember beating Oxide as the final boss? Did you just smash through all the trophy races today?

That's the full campaign if I remember beating Oxide as the final boss? Did you just smash through all the trophy races today?

Yeah I’ve just smashed through the trophy races. You still have to race him again once you’ve gotten all the relics and ctr tokens though

Game is great and definitely challenging.

Playing with a friend for competitive adventure mode.

Take turns.

5 points for winning a cup/beating a boss/CtR token. 10 if you do it without using a weapon.

5/10/20 points for a relic. If you upgrade a relic you already have (say Gold to Platinum) you only get the additional points.

A "fail counter" is running. For every successful race the count doubles (so starts at 1, after a successful race 2, then 4 etc capped at 16). If you fail you lose that many points and hand over controller win or lose.

It's good fun.

Added comments.

Shortcuts are a lot harder to get. Maybe will be easier when I get used to it.

Non-road paths are very slow. Used to be able to skip thru grass on Tiger Temple and not anymore.

Game is an A+ challenge, even on lower difficulties which bodes well for replayability

Remove this Banner Ad

Back