Multiplat Crash Team Racing Nitro Fueled - Release 21/06/19

Remove this Banner Ad

I just did a cup on medium difficulty. It was MUCH easier than adventure mode on classic mode. I didn’t see the computer characters for dust, whereas on adventure mode it was a serious challenge to beat them. I’m wondering how hard classic adventure mode is compared to hard nitro fueled mode

Edit: Beenox have posted on Facebook that they’re working on the servers, which is good, can’t wait to get stuck into online mode.

Funnily enough I beat him first go, Papu Papu was the one that gave me trouble
Yeh had some trouble with Papu. It came down to if I had the right weapon on the final turn. When I did, I won, when I didn't I lost by 10ths of a second a few times. I have a feeling online is going to be very similar, if you have the right weapon on the final turn you'll win, otherwise a missile or bomb up your ass at the finish line is going to cause some rage.

The trick is just to be in front basically. Very few forward shooting weapons so being ahead and staying ahead helps.

Finished the Nitro Fueld adventure on medium with a friend. We decided to give a Cup on Hard a go.

Hefinished with 4 lasts, me two thirds and two fifths.

Gpod for replay value.

As an aside we stuffed around with battle mode and it is great fun since you can play with 8 players. Definitely recommend for a laugh.

Seeing some very weird reviews, reviewers loving everything but very minor things and refusing to give it a 9. One reviewer only had negatives about the menu only blue and a lack of custom settings, Jesus some of the best games made recently have bigger issues than that and still managed 9s and 10s from reviewers.

Nitro Fuelled Adventure Mode on medium is definitely a challenge. Get what people mean about the boxes being harder to get. Driven through the gaps when I was sure I'd hit them.

Relic Race on Sewer Speedway is tough.

Ripper Roo was also very annoying. He just spammed TNT. Beat him by about 0.3 seconds because I took a risk and took the shortcut right near the end.

Okay; hard mode is seriously HARD. I’m a veteran player and it took me about ten goes to beat Crash Cove. Did best Roos Tubes first go though so we shall see

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Medium in Nitro fueled mode is a good challenge. Not unbeatable, but have lost a few tracks and Papu Papu a few times so far.

Haven't tried on online again but is anyone else annoyed there doesn't seem to be a points or leader board system of any kind? Would be great to compare rankings and track times with other players.

I pre-ordered on Thursday hoping to get it delivered by Friday but must have left it too late, now i've gotta wait till next week sometime. Forked out for express shipping too which was pointless!
Loved this game as a kid so pretty excited to get stuck in. I used to spend hours trying to shave 0.1 of a second off time trial scores. Hoping it stays as true to the original as possible. Anyone seen many differences yet or is it fairly spot on?

I pre-ordered on Thursday hoping to get it delivered by Friday but must have left it too late, now i've gotta wait till next week sometime. Forked out for express shipping too which was pointless!
Loved this game as a kid so pretty excited to get stuck in. I used to spend hours trying to shave 0.1 of a second off time trial scores. Hoping it stays as true to the original as possible. Anyone seen many differences yet or is it fairly spot on?
I think you had to pre order it 3 business days prior to release to get it on the day. Well that's what JB said when i did mine.

Never understood why people pre-order and hope they get in on release day.
I don't normally pre-order any games as I prefer to wait a while for bugs/glitches to be ironed out and i'm not too fussed to not get them release day. However the couple of games i have pre-ordered have always arrived on the day. I definitely just left the ordering a day or 2 too late.
I really only pre-order if I CBF going to the shops and the price is cheap.

This game is just ridiculously fun. Managed to beat Papu Papu first go, and done smashed out a few of the time trials. CTR ones can be a bit of a challenge I've found. The Crash Cove one took a few goes, particularly getting that first jump where the T is.

A lot of the game relies on luck with which weapons you get and when. Skill is of course partially involved, but I find the weapons play a bigger part.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back