Multiplat Crash Team Racing Nitro Fueled - Release 21/06/19

Remove this Banner Ad

- The feel of the carts is fairly similar to the original. It perhaps feels just a bit more "slippery" than the original if that makes sense. Turning isn't quite as tight, and I've just done a relic race, and I'm finding it harder to aim my cart at the time boxes than I did on the original. But overall I can't complain too much.

I really struggled with this, but after playing through the campaign to 100% I've gone back and have gotten 7 platinum relics so far. Have all gold. So I guess it didn't take that long to get used to.

Would also agree that the hit area for boxes is smaller, but that isn't necessarily a bad thing.

My biggest hint would be the reward between a large boost (a 95% filled boost bar) and a medium boost (just over half full) is a lot bigger, so I would recommend newer players to try and fill the boost bar as much as possible to try quicker lap times.

ok any ideA how the online coins work ? seems to be the easiest way to grind out coins

Tracks are sorted into 4 categories, by length I assume. 20, 40, 60 and 80 coins. Playing online gives you x2 coins and for your first few races each day x5. If you come first you get 100% of the prize, 2nd gets 95% I think and 3rd 85%. Everyone else gets 75%.

BTW

There are a number of cheat codes for the game. You can read them here

https://au.ign.com/wikis/crash-team...led#1-Lap_Races_.28races_only_last_one_lap.29

And here is a breakdown of coins. The short story is that online gives you a big boost, as does the length of the track. Therefore picking CNK tracks (they were mostly longer than CTR) and tracks like Tiny Arena, Hot Air Skyway, Oxide Station etc will give you more coins.

Bloody struggling to beat the sewers race in adventure mode. Over two nights I've tried at least 20+ times....I didn't play last night as I'm trying to keep my sanity. I just suck.

Loving the game for the most part. Picked it up on release day and smashed through the adventure mode on medium to get 101%. Was initially going to play on hard but when it took me an hour to win on Crash Cove I decided maybe I should come back to that :$. Currently moving through the time trials which don't really seem any more difficult than the original for me.

TBH the "difficulty" on hard is about the only gripe I have with this game. I am no stranger to CTR, I did all of the N. Tropy and Oxide Time Trials in the original but the AI on hard will run borderline Oxide-level times while repeatedly nailing you with everything under the sun. It's still doable and a good challenge on tracks that are largely drift-friendly (ie Sewer Speedway, Hot Air Skyway) and allow you to get away from the pack so you don't get completely massacred but on tracks that have much sharper corners and where it is harder to create distance through repeat boosting (ie Cortex Castle) I feel like I just hear constant beeping and a target on my back.

Having fun though. Hopefully they add a ranking system and things like cups to the online :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

OK guys...I'm about to flip my s**t.

Can anyone give me some tips, please? I'm not sure where I am going wrong.

Still stuck on the sewers. I reckon I've tried over 40 times now and I still can't win.

The AI seems to speed past and even when I'm boosting I'm hardly catching up to them. I'm so frustrated I want to break my controller. :(

OK guys...I'm about to flip my ****.

Can anyone give me some tips, please? I'm not sure where I am going wrong.

Still stuck on the sewers. I reckon I've tried over 40 times now and I still can't win.

The AI seems to speed past and even when I'm boosting I'm hardly catching up to them. I'm so frustrated I want to break my controller. :(

What difficulty are you on? When you drift, make sure you hit the boost as late as possible and pretty much always go for 3 straight boosts. And always jump manually when driving off an edge to give yourself an extra boost when you hit the ground.

What difficulty are you on? When you drift, make sure you hit the boost as late as possible and pretty much always go for 3 straight boosts. And always jump manually when driving off an edge to give yourself an extra boost when you hit the ground.

Medium... Doing all those things!!

I used to hate Hot Air Skyway as a kid, but it’s probably my favourite track now. Holding the boost from that first jump for as long as possible is super fun

So an update on my shittyness.

Changed character to Tiny and s**t it in. I beat the field with a 1/4 lap lead. On to the second world boss now.

Amazing.

Just when I think I’m getting the hang of the boosts and all that I try to beat N Tropy time trial and wonder to myself “how the hell can he do that and further how can anyone be that good at this game that they can beat all his times on every track”

Just when I think I’m getting the hang of the boosts and all that I try to beat N Tropy time trial and wonder to myself “how the hell can he do that and further how can anyone be that good at this game that they can beat all his times on every track”

Wait until you unlock the Oxide ones. They’re MUCH harder.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back