MMA-UFC Crazy idea

Mar 12, 2008
Rehab
AFL Club
Essendon
So you would have Rory v brown, condit v Hendricks in one bracket and Thompson v magney, Woodley v Mia. Be awesome to see match making would be sport like imagine that

Rory (1) vs Thompson (2) has already been booked and should be the #1 contender fight, even though Rory has had his shot. You could do Hendriks (5) vs Woodley (3), Condit (4) vs Magney (7), Brown (8) vs Maia (6)

If GSP or Diaz come back then that would change a few things but I like the idea of the division knowing what they are fighting for and what it all means.

Mar 12, 2008
Rehab
AFL Club
Essendon
Rory (1) Last 5 he has lost to Lawler twice and beaten Maia, Saffiedine and Woodley
Thompson (2) Thompson lost to Brown when he was still raw and didn't have a decent win until he knocked out Hendricks, which is a statement.
Woodley (3) Has only had 2 fights against top 10 opponents. He lost to Rory and won against Condit due to a knee injury
Condit (4) Lost 4 of the last 6, but they were to GSP, Hendricks, Woodley (knee) and Lawler
Hendricks (5) 3-2 in the last 5 with losses to GSP, Lawler and Thompson
Maia (6) Lost only to Rory and Shields since his loss to Weidman in January 2012 at 185 pounds.
Magney (7) Went all Cowboy Cerrone with his anywhere/anytime attitude but lost to Maia but KO'ed Lombard. Still needs another fight or two against the top guys
Brown (8) Has lost to Hendricks and Lawler but hasn't fought the rest of the top guys other than Thompson when he was new to the UFC

If it was based on the AFL system it would look like the following, which doesn't make sense.

Rory vs Condit (II)
Thompson vs Woodley
Hendricks vs Brown (II)
Maia vs Magney (II)

The top 5-6 guys have locked up the top spots and seem to be clearly better than the next group. Thompson is promising and exciting, but I'm basing that off 1 great win against Hendricks.

does anyone have an update on robbie? I havnt heard anything about his health status or when his expecting to fight?

a tourney would be interesting but the chances of it staying Intact and not falling apart over the course of a year due to at least 1-2 injuries is slim.

who are you guys interested in seeing robbie fight? Woodley interests me zero.. not because it won't be a good fight, just because he hasn't earned it.
I sorta feel sorry for him because he was promised a shot but it didn't work out and now u have taken over 12 months off looking for your fight you didnt really earn. just coz Hendricks missed weight and couldn't fight, doesn't make your title contender.

May 9, 2013
Perth, Western Australia
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Arsenal,Redsox,Celtics
look tbh id like to see him take time off while the UFC puts some top ten fights on. look at his last few fights he has been in some wars been really active. even with out a Tourney which will never happen all those fight could be main events and great fights. id love to see a min req of a top 4 fighter be a 5 round fight at all times. I dont want to see 3 round fights deciding future title fights

Back