Create your 2016 state of origin teams

Remove this Banner Ad

How any football lover can say they don't want state of origin back is beyond me.

The best of the best battling it out would be so good to watch, And with modern footy it would be a true masterpiece.

It also helps show the truly great players (as in which of the great players will stand up in a best of the best type game). I remember 2008 and I respected Craig Bolton even more after that State of Origin game as first half he was on Fevola and kept Fev quiet while Brown kicked a bag, then Bolton went onto Brown to shut him down and Brown was quiet for the second half while Fevola kicked a bag.

How any football lover can say they don't want state of origin back is beyond me.

The best of the best battling it out would be so good to watch, And with modern footy it would be a true masterpiece.

I'm not saying I don't want it back, but I'd only want it back if it was played at full intensity which I know is just a pipe dream so I'd rather not have it at all.

I don't believe that the 35 players from my state of 500,000 people can match it with the hundreds of players from Victoria with a population of almost 6 million. Forgive me for not tuning in if it happens. :drunk:

I don't believe that the 35 players from my state of 500,000 people can match it with the hundreds of players from Victoria with a population of almost 6 million. Forgive me for not tuning in if it happens. :drunk:

I think you would watch though and you'd probably watch the other games as well. :)

Would be pure football.

I'll have a crack at the Tassie team..

FB: Harwood - Garland - Pearce
HB: Birchall - J.Kolodjashnij - Thurlow
C: M.Weller - Robinson - K.Kolodjashnij
HF: Howe - J.Riewoldt - Webster
FF: Green - B.Brown - Templeton
R: Bellchambers - Hall - Lonergan

INT: Mohr - Russell - Nankervis - Jones

Don't think this team would go that well.
These would be the players from Tassie who would represent Tassie in a state of origin

FB: Harwood - Mohr - J. Webster
HB: Birchall - Pearce - Howe
C: L. Weller - Robinson - K. Kolodjashnij
HF: Grey - N. Riewoldt - M. Weller
F: Green - J. Riewoldt - Brown
I: Garland - Lovell - J. Kolodjashnij - Phillips

Coach: Brendon Bolton

Nick Riewoldt as the Captain! Gives us the best captain of all state of origin teams :cool: and Bolton to coach over Eade because he knows how to make bad lists play well.

AFL players who wouldn't make the cut: Russell :$ Schade, Willis, Zac Webster, Hibberd, Mcguinness, Watts, Nankervis, Templeton, and Grima.

These would be the players from Tassie who would represent Tassie in a state of origin

FB: Harwood - Mohr - J. Webster
HB: Birchall - Pearce - Howe
C: L. Weller - Robinson - K. Kolodjashnij
HF: Grey - N. Riewoldt - M. Weller
F: Green - J. Riewoldt - Brown
I: Garland - Lovell - J. Kolodjashnij - Phillips

Coach: Brendon Bolton

Nick Riewoldt as the Captain! Gives us the best captain of all state of origin teams :cool: and Bolton to coach over Eade because he knows how to make bad lists play well.

AFL players who wouldn't make the cut: Russell :$ Schade, Willis, Zac Webster, Hibberd, Mcguinness, Watts, Nankervis, Templeton, and Grima.

Nick Riewoldt is eligible for Queensland. Either way though Tasmania could not take on Victoria, WA, SA, NSW/ACT or QLD and hope to win.

Nick Riewoldt is eligible for Queensland. Either way though Tasmania could not take on Victoria, WA, SA, NSW/ACT or QLD and hope to win.
He identifies as a Tasmanian and calls Tassie home. He would definitely play for Tassie with Jack. It would be so good to watch :D

They wouldn't be very good, I agree. We only have 500000 people in Tassie and no funding from the AFL. Our AFL players aren't all that amazing at the moment. Some of the younger players are pretty exciting so maybe in a few years the team might look better.

He identifies as a Tasmanian and calls Tassie home. He would definitely play for Tassie with Jack. It would be so good to watch :D

They wouldn't be very good, I agree. We only have 500000 people in Tassie and no funding from the AFL. Our AFL players aren't all that amazing at the moment. Some of the younger players are pretty exciting so maybe in a few years the team might look better.

Goodes thought he was a South Australian but he was only eligible for Victoria.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

SA
Brown - Grundy - Laird
Burgoyne - Fischer - Enright
Neale - Gibbs - Smith
Wingard - Westhoff - Griffen
Puopolo - Pavlich - Betts
Jacobs - Thompson - Viney
Ebert - Lycett - Grundy - Vince
*Pav may be cooked, but he could still dominate a single game

QLD/NT
Neade - May - Harbrow
Tippa - R.Thompson - Dempsey
Beams - Bell - Motlop
Zorko - Tippett - Riewoldt
Rioli - Dixon - Z.Smith
Hickey - Armitage - Smith
Wagner Cockatoo Anderson Rioli

NSW/ACT
Rampe - Hartley - Rowe
McVeigh - Davis - Duryea
I.Smith - Langford - Suckling
Vandenberg - Walker - McGlynn
Heeney - Hawkins - Breust
Witts - Jack - Miles
Hopper - Steele - Mills - Z.Williams

TAS
Howe - Garland - J.Webster
K.Kolodashnij - Pearce - Birchall
Grey - Thurlow - M.Weller
L.Weller - Brown - Riewoldt
Phillups - Casboult - Green
Bellchambers - Lonergan - Hall
Nankervis Russell Lovell Hibberd

WA
Hooker - Rance - N.Jetta
Yeo - Taylor - McGovern
Wells - Priddis - T.Mitchell
Walters - Kennedy - Franklin
Ballantyne - Hogan - LeCras
Naitanui - Fyfe - Cripps
Sandilands C.Cameron Bennell Sheppard

VIC
H.Shaw - Talia - Gibson
Docherty - Hurley - Simpson
Hanneberry - Pendlebury - Treloar
Gunston - Roughead - Ablett
Stringer - T.Lynch - J.Cameron
Gawn - S.Mitchell - Dangerfield
Sloane Ward Mumford Shiel
Who'd be the captains/coaches of the respective state teams?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I just think the team would be better to have someone Mohr's size at full back. Then there wasn't really a spot for Grima :(
Being good>being big.

Who'd be the captains/coaches of the respective state teams?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
SA: Griffen/Pyke
Qld/NT: Riewoldt/Scott
NSW/ACT: McVeigh/Longmire
Tas: Birchall/Bolton
WA: Priddis/Worsfold
Vic: Ward/Clarkson

Tassie's team is actually really decent except from the lack of star players in the midfield
It isn't too bad. I think it would be kind of competitive. I don't know why people are criticising it, it would be really strange if a Tasmanian team could beat a team from other states who have much bigger populations and better funded local football leagues.

Everyone needs to take Nick out of the QLD team and give him to Tassie. We could beat Queensland and New South Wales with Saint Nick :cool:

People also need to stop putting Luke Russell in a Tassie team. Matt Hanson would be a better option and he doesn't even play AFL (he might next year). Templeton > Russell also.

It isn't too bad. I think it would be kind of competitive. I don't know why people are criticising it, it would be really strange if a Tasmanian team could beat a team from other states who have much bigger populations and better funded local football leagues.

Everyone needs to take Nick out of the QLD team and give him to Tassie. We could beat Queensland and New South Wales with Saint Nick :cool:

People also need to stop putting Luke Russell in a Tassie team. Matt Hanson would be a better option and he doesn't even play AFL (he might next year). Templeton > Russell also.
Only people who say Riewoldt considers himself are Tasmanians. He's a Queenslander.

Western Australia
B
: Neville Jetta, Alex Rance, Jeremy McGovern
HB: Elliot Yeo, Harry Taylor, Heritier Lumumba
C: Stephen Hill, Matt Priddis, Stephen Coniglio
HF: Michael Walters, Josh Kennedy, Jeff Garlett
F: Mark LeCras, Lance Franklin, Jesse Hogan
R: Nic Naitanui, Nathan Fyfe, Patrick Cripps
INT: Daniel Wells, David Swallow, Tom Mitchell, Cale Hooker

Western Australia
B
: Neville Jetta, Alex Rance, Jeremy McGovern
HB: Elliot Yeo, Harry Taylor, Heritier Lumumba
C: Stephen Hill, Matt Priddis, Stephen Coniglio
HF: Michael Walters, Josh Kennedy, Jeff Garlett
F: Mark LeCras, Lance Franklin, Jesse Hogan
R: Nic Naitanui, Nathan Fyfe, Patrick Cripps
INT: Daniel Wells, David Swallow, Tom Mitchell, Cale Hooker

Not sure about Taylor as he might be getting on a bit, and as for Mitchell, I am not entirely sure who he is eligible for as he played for WA in the under 18's but before that he lived in Victoria.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back