Spurr - Merrett - May
Dempsey - R.Thompson - Oxley
Zorko - Bell - Harbrow
Z.Smith - Armitage - D.Beams
Ch.Cameron - N.Riewoldt - Motlop
Dixon - K.Tippett - C.Rioli
Hickey - Cockatoo - J.Thomas - Andrews

Defence pretty average.
Midfield would get smashed by all others.
Forward line top notch.
Depth on bench questionable.

Nov 2, 2014
AFL Club
Tasmania
Other Teams
#TeamTurboChooks
Only people who say Riewoldt considers himself are Tasmanians. He's a Queenslander.
No, he is from Tassie and it is where he first played junior football in Sandy Bay. He just lived in Queensland for awhile. He barely even goes back there, it is just where he was recruited from.

Coming home [to Tasmania] is a big thrill, I’ve got a lot of family down here and the opportunity for the boys to come down and play is fantastic given that we have such great support.

“I lived here for much longer than I lived in Queensland, I’m a ratepayer so I think that qualifies.” - Nick Riewoldt

It is kind of sad if a state with the population of Queensland think they need to steal a Tasmanian. :( Poor Queensland.

Nov 2, 2014
AFL Club
Tasmania
Other Teams
#TeamTurboChooks
“That [qualifying for life membership in his home state of Tasmania] is amazing, I didn’t know that, it is quite ironic I guess.

“I lived in Tassie longer than I lived in Queensland, obviously I got drafted from Queensland but I still consider myself Tasmanian. I spend a lot of time down there. To be able to qualify for life membership back where it all began is fantastic, that is really special.” - Tassie boy Nick Riewoldt :D:cool:

http://www.themercury.com.au/sport/...e/news-story/2b530ff6c9e6f6d901c7f130cfaefeb1

Last edited:
Nov 2, 2014
AFL Club
Tasmania
Other Teams
#TeamTurboChooks
Doesn't matter though. Goodes considered himself a South Australian, but under AFL rules he is a Victorian, so he had to play for Victoria. Under AFL rules Nick Riewoldt is a Queenslander.
The competition doesn't even exist, so where are the rules? Nick is Tasmanian and he is playing in the hypothetical Tassie team in this hypothetical 2016 competition. If anyone can produce a rule book that says he can't play for Tasmania in the renewed 2016 State of Origin competition, then I will change my team. Until then, he is Tassie's captain :thumbsu:

Everyone is just jealous of our tall forwards :D

JJK over Priddis
Andrew Swallow also a big contender
I was going off the teams listed. It was tight between Priddis, Kennedy and Hooker (who I'd have as Essendon captain next year)

Tasfut

All Australian
Jul 16, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
It isn't too bad. I think it would be kind of competitive. I don't know why people are criticising it, it would be really strange if a Tasmanian team could beat a team from other states who have much bigger populations and better funded local football leagues.

Everyone needs to take Nick out of the QLD team and give him to Tassie. We could beat Queensland and New South Wales with Saint Nick :cool:

People also need to stop putting Luke Russell in a Tassie team. Matt Hanson would be a better option and he doesn't even play AFL (he might next year). Templeton > Russell also.

I agree Matt Hanson is a gun that has an AFL ready body, he should have been drafted the last 2 years
Another Weribee b&f and VFL team of the year selection should hopefully get him drafted this year!

Jun 11, 2007
Victoria
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Bayern, Milan, Boston Celtics
Who'd be the captains/coaches of the respective state teams?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
SA
Brown - Grundy - Laird
Burgoyne - Fischer - Enright
Neale - Gibbs - Smith
Wingard - Westhoff - Griffen
Puopolo - Pavlich (c)- Betts
Jacobs - Thompson - Viney
Ebert - Lycett - Grundy - Vince
*Pav may be cooked, but he could still dominate a single game

QLD/NT
Neade - May - Harbrow
Tippa - R.Thompson - Dempsey
Beams - Bell - Motlop
Zorko - Tippett - Riewoldt (c)
Rioli - Dixon - Z.Smith
Hickey - Armitage - Smith
Wagner Cockatoo Anderson Rioli

NSW/ACT
Rampe - Hartley - Rowe
McVeigh - Davis - Duryea
I.Smith - Langford - Suckling
Vandenberg - Walker (c) - McGlynn
Heeney - Hawkins - Breust
Witts - Jack - Miles
Hopper - Steele - Mills - Z.Williams

TAS
Howe - Garland - J.Webster
K.Kolodashnij - Pearce - Birchall (c)
Grey - Thurlow - M.Weller
L.Weller - Brown - Riewoldt
Phillups - Casboult - Green
Bellchambers - Lonergan - Hall
Nankervis Russell Lovell Hibberd

WA
Hooker (c) - Rance - N.Jetta
Yeo - Taylor - McGovern
Wells - Priddis - T.Mitchell
Walters - Kennedy - Franklin
Ballantyne - Hogan - LeCras
Naitanui - Fyfe - Cripps
Sandilands C.Cameron Bennell Sheppard

VIC
H.Shaw - Talia - Gibson
Docherty - Hurley - Simpson
Hanneberry - Pendlebury (c) - Treloar
Gunston - Roughead - Ablett
Stringer - T.Lynch - J.Cameron
Gawn - S.Mitchell - Dangerfield
Sloane Ward Mumford Shiel
Captains added

Bokonon

Cancelled
May 3, 2016
AFL Club
GWS
To be honest (and no offence to you) but this attitude annoys the crap out of me. Every other professional sport has a representative version of their sport, where the best of the best play in the same team against another team of the best of the best. AFL is the only code of football that I can think of in the world that is not mature enough to accept that injuries can happen, but that it is worth the risk because we get to see Aussie Rules Football played as well as it can be played.

Talk about the Grand Final all you want, but the truth of the matter is that is not as good as Aussie Rules Football can be played. If teams like Chelsea and Manchester United can accept their players going off to play international football (quite a lot of games as well) then I am sure the Swans could accept our players playing 2 or 3 games of representative football as well.
Yeah but the premier league teams are young and still learning. Rugby might be a better analogy and the European countries have very strong clubs and tend to underperform internationally. Its the Southern hemosphere teams where the national sides rule that perform best.

May 30, 2006
Canberra
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I don't know why. But Riewoldt is born and raised in Tasmania and I think he would play for Tassie. My team, my rules!
Under the last origin rules, he would be eligible for Queensland and only Queensland.

Under the rules as they were before the mid-90s he would also be eligible for Victoria, in the same way that Dunstall was, or Carey for SA.

Nov 2, 2014
AFL Club
Tasmania
Other Teams
#TeamTurboChooks
Under the last origin rules, he would be eligible for Queensland and only Queensland.

Under the rules as they were before the mid-90s he would also be eligible for Victoria, in the same way that Dunstall was, or Carey for SA.
Too bad for Queensland that the new competition doesn't have to have the old rules and Nick gets to play for his real home state.

JC Hawks

Club Legend
Nov 9, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Vic Country > Vic Metro > Western Australia > South Australia > NSW/ACT > Queensland > Tasmania > Northern Territory (do they even have a team? Bit rough having them on there own.

mike123

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts Pokemon is Life
Sep 13, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Juventus
Vic
B: Heath Shaw ~ James Frawley ~ Josh Gibson
HB: Easton Wood ~ Ben Reid ~ Luke Hodge

C: Brett Deledio ~ Sam Mitchell ~ Andrew Gaff