Portfolio Creative footy fan mocks up home and away soccer concept kits for every AFL club

Last year, fox sports put out an article with the same title as this thread, where they pinched a bunch of pics from reddit of AFL soccer jersey designs. Like the pompous design snob I am, I thought I Could do better and started making my own designs. After finishing Tiger King, baking a loaf of bread and doing all the other self-isolation things, I've got around to finishing them off. I hope you enjoy!

fpxyd7C.png

FWls5Fm.png

Starting off with the crows, the home takes inspiration largely from the AFL guernsey but simplified for a more soccer aesthetic. The away jersey plays on the classic crow logo used on the jerseys in a bold SA red, with the crows' SANFL origins represented on the sleeve.

CKxc33Q.png

They pinched their song and now the lions have taken a classic French design too! The home is in a pretty stock standard colour scheme whilst the away uses the old Fitzroy colours and even the logo on a white base.​

Hey, these aren't half baked and completely uninteresting
The one's 7afl was passing around were either bland (Bris, WCE), ripped off existing soccer team uniforms (Bris 2nd, Rich 2nd), or simply copying the design of the AFL team to a soccer template with a large slapped in to the middle (literally almost all of them).
It's been said before, but they would cream themselves if they saw half the stuff posted on here on a monthly basis.

This stuff here is original and sexy - the best kind. Great work so far FS.

Oct 27, 2016
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Packers, Raptors, Renegades
These designs look too professional and inspired so they won't see the light of day on AFL Social media unfortunately.
Serious though, incredible stuff. it's the small details like the SANFL stripes on the away which bring it to another level.

ripped off existing soccer team uniforms (Bris 2nd, Rich 2nd), or simply copying the design of the AFL team to a soccer template with a large slapped in to the middle (literally almost all of them).
I'm going to be honest, there is still a fair bit of that in this portfolio where it makes sense. Of course it seems logical for certain clubs to keep their sash or their stripes, although in those cases I've made an effort to still have them done in a way that is slightly different from their AFL guernsey. There are a fair few familiar soccer designs in store too, iconic stuff (not random shirts like the 16-17 Dortmund home jersey) that I felt would work really well for a specific side.

I'm going to be honest, there is still a fair bit of that in this portfolio where it makes sense. Of course it seems logical for certain clubs to keep their sash or their stripes, although in those cases I've made an effort to still have them done in a way that is slightly different from their AFL guernsey. There are a fair few familiar soccer designs in store too, iconic stuff (not random shirts like the 16-17 Dortmund home jersey) that I felt would work really well for a specific side.
Nice, it really is all about the execution and the difference of a design being inspired by the club's AFL kit (because heritage teams like Pies, Ess, etc really lose their touch without some sort of link to their traditional design/colour) compared to slapping it on because they couldn't think of anything else in a somewhat unoriginal way.

Looking forward to the rest of this :)

Q7sW3Uv.png

Black and white stripes are pretty stock standard in the round ball game and so Collingwood don't have to change much. Like the home, the away kit is very much something that Juventus could come out with next season and wouldn't be too much of a surprise.​

jzcN7Bt.png

Essendon continue to don their sash with a design that channels an old 90's adidas sash template worn by the likes of Bayern Munich, Arsenal and even the Socceroos in a modern style.​

7xNfGLQ.png

Fremantle use one of the most iconic chevron designs (you might say it was "inspired by a modern classic") of all time for their home jersey, in a two tone purple situation, while the away jersey brings back the red and green for a very Italian look.​

CNWUzYE.png

Geelong keep their navy and white hoops, only with an unnecessary gradient added to keep things interesting like so many soccer shirts do. The away pays homage to sponsor Ford's legendary history within motorsport, in a Croatian inspired design.​

Jjk7mzy.png

For the SUNS, I've decided to use an image of the Gold Coast Beach/City to create a subtle half and half design, which has also been used on the away, only in a more luxurious black and gold colourway.​

Sep 29, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Bayern Munich
7xNfGLQ.png

Fremantle use one of the most iconic chevron designs (you might say it was "inspired by a modern classic") of all time for their home jersey, in a two tone purple situation, while the away jersey brings back the red and green for a very Italian look.​
The home guernsey is very fiorentina-esque

Which is a good thing btw

Zac_Barker

Senior List
Jan 14, 2020
AFL Club
Adelaide
If each team was affiliated with an European Football club:
Essendon-AFC Bournemouth
Adelaide Crows-Crystal Palace
North Melbourne-Brighton Hove Albion
Sydney Swans-Arsenal, Sheffield United and Southampton
Carlton-Hotspurs
Collingwood-Newcastle United
Hawthorn and Richmond-Wolverhampton
Western Bulldogs-Everton
Brisbane Lions-Burnley,West Ham, Aston Villa
Gold Coast-Manchester United or Watford
Port Adelaide-Manchester City
West Coast-Liecester City

GWS, Fremantle, Geelong, Melbourne can’t think of any

If each team was affiliated with an European Football club:
Essendon-AFC Bournemouth
Adelaide Crows-Crystal Palace
North Melbourne-Brighton Hove Albion
Sydney Swans-Arsenal, Sheffield United and Southampton
Carlton-Hotspurs
Collingwood-Newcastle United
Hawthorn and Richmond-Wolverhampton
Western Bulldogs-Everton
Brisbane Lions-Burnley,West Ham, Aston Villa
Gold Coast-Manchester United or Watford
Port Adelaide-Manchester City
West Coast-Liecester City

GWS, Fremantle, Geelong, Melbourne can’t think of any

Adelaide - KFC Uerdingen 05
Brisbane - Aston Villa
Carlton - Bordeaux
Collingwood - Juventus, Notts County, Newcastle
Essendon - Bayer Leverkusen
Fremantle - Fiorentina, Toulouse
Geelong - QPR
Gold Coast - Catanzaro
GWS - Shaktar Donetsk
Hawthorn - Bradford City
Melbourne - Bologna, Genoa
North Melbourne - Shef Wednesday, BHA
Port Adelaide - FC Lugano
Richmond - Borussia Dortmund, Hull
St Kilda - Stade Rennais, Eintracht Frankfurt
Sydney - Southampton, Ajax, AS Monaco
West Coast - (Not Europe) Boca Juniors
Western Bulldogs - Sampdoria

CfM1Use.png

Hawthorn's home is a pretty stock standard brown and gold striped number, whilst the away design takes a vintage Hawks look and combines it with a Brescia-style Big V in hopes of playing like Pirlo and Baggio.​

nnnI5Jz.png

Melbourne's Home design looks to recreate that nike template design from the early 2010's in a more bespoke manner with the V's moving right down the stripe. The Away uses the amazing royal blue from the Dees' Clash guernsey with a half vee-yoke incorporated too.​

yhCFPCn.png

Basic blue and white stripes for the Roos' home jersey, complete with a weird tertiary colour on the manufacturers logo that will no doubt be gone after one season like we see so much irl. While for the away it just had to be the return of the Argentina stripes!​

L3A8oEh.png

This Classic piece of 90's teamwear was the only real choice for Port, in a sleek black-on-black colour scheme on the home shirt, while the away ups the 90's-ness with a bold teal.​

oLigIJH.png

Richmond is pretty simple, stylised paint brush sash for the home shirt, and then a tiger striped away design, taking from Hull City's 92/93 shirt.​

Back