Movie Creed 2

Remove this Banner Ad

How did he end up being the hero? He loses.
Yet there are 8 more movies about his story in which he is the hero.
So basically its cliche regardless of the result unless everyone hates him at the end of the movie?
Pretty much. :thumbsu:

shadow boxing is s**t from White.

Seeds calm down bro. You wanna start killing people over Rocky. That's some die hard s**t. You're more intense than Ivan Drago.

Very much enjoyed this, didn’t quite reach the heights of the first Creed for me. But that’s no discredit to the sequel.

Lots of nostalgia here, a bit of depth added to Drago on his return. Viktor Drago is a serious unit, that’s a hell of a rig. Same with Michael B Jordan, incredible physiques.

The training montage is always a highlight for me in the Rocky films. This one was a different take on it but still damn good.

Closing scenes were very good, with some important character arcs fleshed out.

Missing the touch of Coogler for me and some of the boxing sequences weren’t as good as the first (the continuous one shot fight scene and Creed’s entrance to fight Conlan was just spectacular and almost impossible to top).

Overall, I highly recommend.

Very much enjoyed this, didn’t quite reach the heights of the first Creed for me. But that’s no discredit to the sequel.

Lots of nostalgia here, a bit of depth added to Drago on his return. Viktor Drago is a serious unit, that’s a hell of a rig. Same with Michael B Jordan, incredible physiques.

The training montage is always a highlight for me in the Rocky films. This one was a different take on it but still damn good.

Closing scenes were very good, with some important character arcs fleshed out.

Missing the touch of Coogler for me and some of the boxing sequences weren’t as good as the first (the continuous one shot fight scene and Creed’s entrance to fight Conlan was just spectacular and almost impossible to top).

Overall, I highly recommend.
I haven't seen it yet but can't wait. Love the nostalgia you mention though.

Re Creed's entrance to fight Conlan, I ******* love that. The dressing room pep talk from Rock, the pad work, then the walk out with Tupac Music, ******* gold. I used to watch that over and over as I had it stored on my foxtel. Kept it for a year and a half but deleted it when the world cup was on. Was just gonna buy the DVD, thanks for reminding me:thumbsu:

good, but they need to show it right from the start when Rocky's talking to him pre-pad work.

I haven't seen it yet but can't wait. Love the nostalgia you mention though.

Re Creed's entrance to fight Conlan, I ******* love that. The dressing room pep talk from Rock, the pad work, then the walk out with Tupac Music, ******* gold. I used to watch that over and over as I had it stored on my foxtel. Kept it for a year and a half but deleted it when the world cup was on. Was just gonna buy the DVD, thanks for reminding me:thumbsu:

It’s an insanely good scene. Where to even begin?

Agree the actual dressing room moments themselves were great. Rocky knowing just what to say.

But then when he puts his hand on Creed’s shoulder, tells him the nerves will give him energy, and then bang. Hail Mary in the background whilst the camera follows them the whole way into the ring.

As if that wasn’t good enough, the lights going down for Conlan was epic. And when the fire breather appears, you know s**t is getting real.

Ridiculously good. Have only seen the entire movie itself a handful of times, but have watched his clip countless times.

Magnificently put together. For me, this moments of Coogler magic was missing from the sequel.

It’s what separates the 2 films IMO. Creed 2 became a bit predictable and didn’t reach the dizzying heights of the first, but still very good overall and certainly worthwhile viewing.

It’s an insanely good scene. Where to even begin?

Agree the actual dressing room moments themselves were great. Rocky knowing just what to say.

But then when he puts his hand on Creed’s shoulder, tells him the nerves will give him energy, and then bang. Hail Mary in the background whilst the camera follows them the whole way into the ring.

As if that wasn’t good enough, the lights going down for Conlan was epic. And when the fire breather appears, you know s**t is getting real.

Ridiculously good. Have only seen the entire movie itself a handful of times, but have watched his clip countless times.

Magnificently put together. For me, this moments of Coogler magic was missing from the sequel.

It’s what separates the 2 films IMO. Creed 2 became a bit predictable and didn’t reach the dizzying heights of the first, but still very good overall and certainly worthwhile viewing.
If you were a woman I'd * you.

Maaaaagggggggnificeeeeeeeeeeent.

Unbelievable instalment for rocky fans. Thought Lundgren was brilliant , chills seeing Drago again in the opening scene in Lviv. Left feeling sadness for the Drago's

The entry to the ring song for Adonis in Moscow I didn't know whether to cry or jizz, it was one of the great moments in the masterpiece franchise , which is saying something

Unbelievable instalment for rocky fans. Thought Lundgren was brilliant , chills seeing Drago again in the opening scene in Lviv. Left feeling sadness for the Drago's

The entry to the ring song for Adonis in Moscow I didn't know whether to cry or jizz, it was one of the great moments in the masterpiece franchise , which is saying something

yes that was quite impressive, his wife singing and then that laser light show. Great stuff.

I liked how the Drago Snr supported his son after the final fight. He gave his son the best gift that he never got himself when he lost everything.

Love.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think there will be a 3rd Creed movie as to the direction they will go is interesting. Has Rocky's story come to an end? Probably.

There is thought of Creed v Creed.

Ie. Apollo was hitting another woman on the side and conceived another son. I do like this and to me seems obvious choice given what is going on. Maybe a rematch of Creed I could be on the cards.

There is rumour of Clubber Lang and his "son" wanting to fight, but I think thats too obvious and been done before. ie Creed II.

Other rumours:
Ivan Drago jumps back into the ring. yes im not drunk. Dumb
Tommy Gun's son, wants to fight Creed. Dumber
Balboa v Creed. Yes I read this. Stupid.

Im not sure where else they could go other than one of first two above.

The problem with a third is how do you get a credible opponent. Drago JNR was an absolute beast, an absolute specimen.
Whoever the opponent is has to be an even tougher challenge to give the fight scenes a sense of tension. Unless its the Mountain from GOT (see Kickboxer retaliation) i'm not sure how it could work.
Making it someones son just seems lazy as well.

Last edited:
I think there will be a 3rd Creed movie as to the direction they will go is interesting. Has Rocky's story come to an end? Probably.

Ie. Apollo was hitting another woman on the side and conceived another son. I do like this and to me seems obvious choice given what is going on. Maybe a rematch of Creed I could be on the cards.

There is rumour of Clubber Lang and his "son" wanting to fight, but I think thats too obvious and been done before. ie Creed II.

Other rumours:

Stallone’s recent comments indicate it was his final outing. Things change over time of course, if there’s a good enough story then I’m sure he’ll reconsider.

But Creed is still relatively early in his career, would think there’s at least one more story to tell there. I don’t necessarily think it’d have to be another rehash of another son from earlier Rocky movies.

Could perhaps even be Conlan himself. A comeback after his prison time. Wouldn’t want it to be another son of Apollo from him cheating, it will kind of devalue and discredit the character.

There’s still something there to tell, would like to see another film in this series. It’s deserving of a trilogy.

Other rumours:

What a bunch of far fetched nonsense all of that is.

Poor by your standards Grotto. You're an outstanding poster, but that is preposterous.

I watched the movie the other day and granted I was tired. Was starting to get into it, then crashed again. Didn't think that much of it tbh, but would have to watch it again to rate properly. Seemed too slow, and together with it being predictable wasn't that great a watch imo.

I watched the movie the other day and granted I was tired. Was starting to get into it, then crashed again. Didn't think that much of it tbh, but would have to watch it again to rate properly. Seemed too slow, and together with it being predictable wasn't that great a watch imo.

It’s predictable nature is it’s biggest problem IMO. Very good film overall but I could essentially outline just what was going to happen before it actually did.

It’s predictable nature is it’s biggest problem IMO. Very good film overall but I could essentially outline just what was going to happen before it actually did.

What would have been mind boggling would be if it turned out like father like son.

Baby Creed dying in the ring. If the franchise was going to end, that would have been an incredible note to end on.

Other rumours:

I’m a massive Rocky fan but if any of those scenarios eventuate then I’m switching to Jennifer Aniston ROM-COM’s. :eek:

What would have been mind boggling would be if it turned out like father like son.

Baby Creed dying in the ring. If the franchise was going to end, that would have been an incredible note to end on.

Am glad they didn’t go down that path at least. There’s more stories to tell with Adonis, the series at least warrants a third film.

Which direction would you take it?

I think Creed 3 does need to steer away from bs fights that I stated above that has been floated around, but with that said which opponent or who could make the third movie a great opponent?

Rocky's trainer, Mikey died in Rocky III, I wonder if they would go down that path with Rocky passing?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back