Creed is an awesome band

Remove this Banner Ad

Creed morphed into Alter Bridge who were way better anyway

Creed were reasonably well liked at the time, or at least tolerated (same with early Nickelback). Human Clay was more inescapable in the United States, with Hootie/Alanis level success and airplay tyranny, so the backlash was far greater. Here, they were just that christian post-grunge band with Higher, With Arms Wide Open and My Sacrifice. Higher is still a decent tune, a seminal turn of the millennium post grunge anthem for mine (many of those maligned acts had at least one or two of these in them), but With Arms Wide Open hasn't aged as well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Creed were reasonably well liked at the time, or at least tolerated (same with early Nickelback). Human Clay was more inescapable in the United States, with Hootie/Alanis level success and airplay tyranny, so the backlash was far greater. Here, they were just that christian post-grunge band with Higher, With Arms Wide Open and My Sacrifice. Higher is still a decent tune, a seminal turn of the millennium post grunge anthem for mine (many of those maligned acts had at least one or two of these in them), but With Arms Wide Open hasn't aged as well.

I can't say i disagree with you, the first two albums were hugely popular at the time even amongst the alternative/indie crowd...

people just like picking on some bands..

Alter Bridge is better

Sam them in April.

Seeing Myles and Mark live was like

megan-fox-fainting.gif

Remove this Banner Ad

Back