Toast Creepy Kudos

Remove this Banner Ad

http://www.bigpondsport.com/stopping-the-stars/tabid/91/newsid/94059/default.aspx

1. Ryan Crowley
As laudable as ball players like Carrazzo and Cornes are, the most memorable stoppers are those who sit on an opponent to the exclusion of all else. Crowley has long been a fine stopper but Fremantle's increased emphasis on defence under new coach Ross Lyon has allowed the Docker to flourish. Adelaide star Scott Thompson and Carlton skipper Judd are among those to have lost duels with Crowley this year, while champion Gold Coast captain Gary Ablett famously labelled him a "joke" after watching him quell Judd's influence. He might not be popular among his peers but Lyon and the Fremantle faithful wouldn't swap him for quids.

Ryan must be one of the most under rated players we have ever had. I would be surprised if he hasn't won atleast 75% of the matchups he has had over the years. I know his kicking is loopy and can be sus be he does bang the odd long goal as well.
I remember a loss at Subi when from memory we needed to win to make the 8. Trudging off the ground there were tears rolling down his cheeks and he was visbily distressed in the rooms afterwards. The man bleeds purple and has never dogged a contest in his life. So glad he has decided to stay, he would have good trade value to a team in the mix in September.
Well done Crowls, stoked to have you around for a couple more years.:thumbsu:

Needs to work on his decision making (and kicking under pressure) to become an elite AFL player, come leaps and bounds over his career, congrats to him

Remove this Banner Ad

Back