Cricinfo

Wolfs

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 10, 2016
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Memphis Grizzlies, Hertha Berlin
I have the archive page bookmarked. The site is shambolic like ESPN is.

Cainozz

Club Legend
Feb 6, 2015
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Anyone know where to find the latest match photos on the match centre? Im watching Bangladesh v Australia, they were usually on the right side bar on the right but I can't seem to find anything.

Agree with the rest, bring back the old layout.

Apr 1, 2009
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
This is what I see on my screen.

The red areas have been manually added to show how much empty space they are not using. Such a waste. A lot more can be done with that space to make the whole experience better.

They had (seriously, they had) a great site that was properly structured both in layout and content. Now its tripe

View attachment 408595
How did you manage to get rid of the annoying "video highlights" box that sits between the live score and the commentary? That is pissing me off no end.

augiewaz

Team Captain
Aug 18, 2004
Melbourne, Australia
AFL Club
Sydney
How did you manage to get rid of the annoying "video highlights" box that sits between the live score and the commentary? That is pissing me off no end.
I live in the Netherlands. Perhaps we do not have access to those. Don't know.

I actually found something good about the changes to the site.
Each article is no longer bombarded by 10,000 Indians/Paki's/Sri Lankans and their stupid comments.
You are now required to login via Facebook in order to post a comment

worbod

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 26, 2008
Bendigo
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Liverpool
Is anybody familiar with the Commentary function? It is the link which features in all Cricinfo's scorecards which allows you to see how the scoring progressed ball by ball for each innings, and also for individual innings. I have been clicking on it today for a game which interested me but I am getting nothing.

Last edited:
Jul 13, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
West Coast Wonders, West Perth
Jun 23, 2008
Headed for Kirribilli House
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Norwood, Everton, Detroit Red Wings
The recent upgrades have made it far more difficult to navigate.

I think they need to realise not everyone (or probably, hardly anyone) is accessing the site on a touch-screen tablet.

What particularly annoys me is the removal of real-time updates of career and season statistics in live scorecards.

Hellgood

Cancelled
10k Posts
May 21, 2006
WA
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
That's done as a way to pump the ad view numbers up. Cheeky as **** but it's pretty par for the course these days.

Yeah or forces you to sign up as member which I have done just to avoid.

Content wise it is absolutely unparalleled and there really is no competition. Not a huge fan of the changes, but pretty comfortable in navigating it by now. Not so bad on macbook laptop, but is horrible trying to read articles on my phone when it keeps jumping up to the top of the page as you are trying to read.

Back