Cricket 18/19

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bloodied52

Premium Platinum
May 24, 2017
Old South Grandstand
AFL Club
Sydney
Feel a bit sorry for Finch. He is not good enough to open the batting for Victoria. So there is no surprise when he fails.

Coach gnome really is a dill. Finch opening and both the useless Marsh brothers selected. The team's prospects are hamstrung from the start.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

RW

Premium Platinum
Jan 11, 2003
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
Absolutely but we’ve been out bowled too.
To be fair this is the best Indian pace attack to tour here in years - they've had more talented batting line-ups, but Bumrah in particular has been a revelation in 2018.

Our batting is still s**t though. They can learn a lot from Pujara's application and patience in this series.

LukeParkerno1

Make me an Admin!
Sep 23, 2005
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Sydney Swans
To be fair this is the best Indian pace attack to tour here in years - they've had more talented batting line-ups, but Bumrah in particular has been a revelation in 2018.

Our batting is still s**t though. They can learn a lot from Pujara's application and patience in this series.
This Indian side has been brilliant with the ball. The bowlers backing up Bumrah have been outstanding too

LukeParkerno1

Make me an Admin!
Sep 23, 2005
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Sydney Swans
In 2018 Starc has averaged 42 getting top 6 bats out , Hazlewood has averaged 48 , but the best in Cummins averages 23 , but can't get the new ball. Time for change .
Agreed. Too often Starc completely wastes the new ball.

In the last test he bowled 4% of balls that would have hit the stumps.

The King!

Chosen One
Aug 3, 2004
Backwater
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Cavs, Redsox, Patriots
In 2018 Starc has averaged 42 getting top 6 bats out , Hazlewood has averaged 48 , but the best in Cummins averages 23 , but can't get the new ball. Time for change .

Saw that. It’s a damming stat

Do we just lack options full stop

Say the 11 who just played are our best side (less the 3 suspended though Bancroft back today)

Who is the next 11?

LukeParkerno1

Make me an Admin!
Sep 23, 2005
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Sydney Swans
Saw that. It’s a damming stat

Do we just lack options full stop

Say the 11 who just played are our best side (less the 3 suspended though Bancroft back today)

Who is the next 11?
My second side

1. D.Hughes (NSW)
2. M Renshaw (QLD)
3. J.Burns (QLD)
4. W.Pukovski (Vic)
5. J. Sangha (NSW)
6. S. Hazelett (QLD)
7. A Carey (SA)
8. M. Swepson (QLD)
9. J. Richardson (WA)
10. J. Pattinson (Vic)
11. C. Tremain (Vic)

You could sub Wade in for one of the 4,5,6 but that would be the lineup I’d go for.

The King!

Chosen One
Aug 3, 2004
Backwater
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Cavs, Redsox, Patriots
My second side

1. D.Hughes (NSW)
2. M Renshaw (QLD)
3. J.Burns (QLD)
4. W.Pukovski (Vic)
5. J. Sangha (NSW)
6. S. Hazelett (QLD)
7. A Carey (SA)
8. M. Swepson (QLD)
9. J. Richardson (WA)
10. J. Pattinson (Vic)
11. C. Tremain (Vic)

You could sub Wade in for one of the 4,5,6 but that would be the lineup I’d go for.

Cupboard is bare

LukeParkerno1

Make me an Admin!
Sep 23, 2005
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Sydney Swans
Cupboard is bare
Yep, that's why we sort of have to wait for these young players (who are good) to get some experience. Jack Edwards is another one from NSW, there are a few coming through. Wouldn't mind giving Hazelett a go, he has some test match traits where he bats time, the only issue is he's yet another left hander.

Top Bottom