Cricket Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

If we win, I'd almost go the same team anyway.

Lets just hope the pitch is decent this year for a change at the MCG, it's been awful for a few years (ever since the drop ins really)

The G wickets for the Shield games were much improved on last year, so hopefully the Test wicket is a good one.

Aside from the terrible Test v the Poms, there was not one result last year in the Shield.

After his behaviour in Perth, I expect Kohli will cop a lot of booing from Oz fans.

Seems there is a lot of tension in the BanIndian camp, including a long argument between Jadega and Instant Karma. All good for Oz.

Same squad named for Oz. Lots of calls, mainly from WA for M Marsh to replace Hanscombe. Marsh was woeful in the last game against Victoria. But expect Langer and others will push for him based on the few overs of military medium he'll trundle through.

Yeah agree re Payne... bowlers fighting hard too carrying the top 6.
ICC would be content but if this Indian lineup is No 1, it doesn’t say much for the standard across the board

Not much praise for Finch and Harris to put on 100 on day 1 in really tough conditions , might have been the difference.

Agree. It was critical. Harris looks comfortable at the level. Finch is all guts

People bagged him when he was brought back but Paine has been amazing in very tough circumstances.

I am not a fan but he is doing a fair job. Does not make many errors as a keeper and tries hard to maximize his limited talent with the bat . Think he is not strong tactically. At least he brings a nice sense of humour to the game. His put downs of E-Coli were bloody funny.

I am not a fan but he is doing a fair job. Does not make many errors as a keeper and tries hard to maximize his limited talent with the bat . Think he is not strong tactically. At least he brings a nice sense of humour to the game. His put downs of E-Coli were bloody funny.

Can’t be doing too badly with the bat- second highest average of any keeper for Australia. I recon his batting has been sold short. How often has he come in at 5 for stuff all. I recon he’d show his full talent if he’d get a top 6 that could do their job for once.

It’s nice to have a keeper that is clean behind the stumps. We are all thankful the Wade disaster is in the past.

Paines sledges are top quality. Dead set hilarious.

Agree. It was critical. Harris looks comfortable at the level. Finch is all guts

Far from Finch’s biggest fan- won’t shy away from the fact that long term I’d prefer Renshaw but I can’t deny Finch has had a good series. At worst Finch gives us more depth and we need depth.

Far from Finch’s biggest fan- won’t shy away from the fact that long term I’d prefer Renshaw but I can’t deny Finch has had a good series. At worst Finch gives us more depth and we need depth.

Poor bloke is not a red ball openers box. Kudos to him for toughing out a role his own State knows he is not up for.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Doubt it LPN1. I like the Fink but he is predominately a white ball cricketer.

Would be a better chance at 5/6 than opening. Couldn’t be worse than Handscomb

Would be a better chance at 5/6 than opening. Couldn’t be worse than Handscomb

Probably. They are both stop-gaps until the next generation come through, eg Puck, Sanga the Sandwich etc.

Happy Boxing Day Test Eve everyone. Tests in Oz, Snoozieville and Yarpland commence tomorrow. I can't wait.

Marsh playing dampens the mood a lot! Dead set if his last name wasn’t Marsh...

How does that spud get a recall?

Marsh playing dampens the mood a lot! Dead set if his last name wasn’t Marsh...

How does that spud get a recall?
Where did you read that. I know Hank is struggling , but he has made a ton at the G this season , dropped for Marsh god help us.
On another front was that the best reverse sweep ever by Maxwell.

Where did you read that. I know Hank is struggling , but he has made a ton at the G this season , dropped for Marsh god help us.
On another front was that the best reverse sweep ever by Maxwell.

I’m with you with the Marsh recall it’s a disgrace and that’s due to last year’s wicket absolutely no doubt. I like how our bowlers are doing the job so we make our batting worse....Arrh Australian Cricket.

Was a cracking switch hit

Langer- as funny as a xmas cracker joke.

The 'brown nosed little gnome' is a blight on the game.

Given it is now 11 v 9 (the two Marsh kids don't count and are so thick they probably cannot count) I give India a very good chance of winning this.

Yet people were happy when he was selected...

The Langer era will be one big fail. Why Gillespie wasn’t appointed is disappointing to say the least

Heard part of an interview with Dizzy a couple of weeks ago. It seems after he was 'retired' after his double ton, he played in the early version of the IPL. This pi55ed off the nobs running CA.

As he got into coaching he was eventually offered an assistant coaching development job by SA. However SA was told by CA he was blackballed as "we don't want people like him involved in the game". To say he was hurt by this was an understatement.

After successful coaching stints just about everywhere, including building a Championship winning team at Yorkshire, it has only been recently that he has been allowed formal roles in Oz cricket.

He is a far better qualified coach than Langer. The latter has only enjoyed success as a T20 and limited over coach and WA remained an also ran in the Shield. Yet the gnome was always the frontrunner with the establishment. Their stoolies in the media like Katich, Lalor and Maxwell tilled the soil to make the Langer appointment inevitable.

The worst aspect of Langer's coaching is he plays favourites. The Marsh kiddies are a classic. Before he was coach he always applied public pressure for their selection, not something other State coaches do with their charges. Marsh snr averages a mediocre mid 30s while Marsh jnr has the worst average in history of any Test No.6 batsman to have played more than 30 matches.

He was irritated with and dismissive of Harris when he moved to Victoria to improve his game and prospects. From memory he was no fan of Chris Rogers when he left WA (tho he was not their their coach then).

I expect Stoinis pays a penalty for having had a stint in Victoria. Stoinis, as an all rounder actually can take wickets. Marsh does not and his claims on being a Shield standard bowler are limited.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back