AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Chicago Bulls

Just saw that video on the game.

The video is only 4 minutes but if you can't be arsed:
- Available in May but TBA on the date
- PS4, X1 and Nintendo Switch with PC (Steam) to follow shortly after
- Scenario mode (Sounds like you can create and share your scenario)
- Apparently added things like news headlines that affect the career trajectory of your player in career mode (I imagine they'd do a more detailed piece on career mode closer to release)
- It kind of sounded like there maybe a Cricket Captain type management game mode but I could have misinterpreted that.
- AI has been tweaked and will apparently target weaknesses in your player and team and form a bowling strategy to that and the AI will bat much better according to the situation.

The player models look very good IMO and it all sounds great but obviously need to see it to believe it all.

hornetswce

Club Legend
Nov 14, 2014
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Proper catching animations is a must for me, seeing players take catches as if they were picking up a ground ball was rage-inducing for me.
Wicket keeper animations would be good aswell. They basically just stand there. The other thing that would make it interesting is umpire errors, would give you a reason to use the DRS.

Jul 14, 2007
Melbourne, Victoria
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Chicago Bulls
Wicket keeper animations would be good aswell. They basically just stand there. The other thing that would make it interesting is umpire errors, would give you a reason to use the DRS.

Having an option to turn on/off umpire error (which I feel like I've seen in a sports game somewhere before) would be good if there are those that just want to play.

It would be cool given the DRS rarely ever overturns anything and as far as I've seen it can only be LBW.

I was gonna go Switch but noticed it's the download code thing only, same as Big Bash.
The game might be good enough and I might not have to trade it but it kinda puts me off as I like having the option.
Wait, so if you go switch you just get an empty case with a piece of paper in it with a code? Or is that case just on the trailer to show it is on switch but you can't actually buy it in physical stores? Seems pretty wasteful if it is the first option.

Jun 5, 2007
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Arsenal, Juve, Claremont, GSW
Wait, so if you go switch you just get an empty case with a piece of paper in it with a code? Or is that case just on the trailer to show it is on switch but you can't actually buy it in physical stores? Seems pretty wasteful if it is the first option.

When I got Big Bash at EB Games I got a case with the code inside.
I assume this will be the same. So yeah, pretty wasteful and annoying.

Last edited:

G Mus

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 30, 2015
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Juventus
Will the switch version be identical? The previous games haven’t been graphically intensive

(Log in to remove this ad.)

adammonerz

Senior List
May 31, 2015
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Chelsea
Been a bit of a shitstorm lately for Big Ant with AO going the way it did and Big Bash Boom being a bit of a dud sales wise and gameplay wise as well, hoping this is the game that redeems them

IGN has a gameplay video and I'm impressed with how it looks, the TV style presentation really does look good.

Shots didn't look awkward like they do often in Ashes Cricket.

First person catching mini-game looks interesting.

I'm looking forward to the 28th.
The way that one camera follows the sixes is weird (although they said that cameras weren't final in this build), but besides that I am really impressed.

The first catch and the ball awkwardly rising up into the meat of the bat on the replay of the first boundary suggest not a lot has changed.

I'll still enjoy it though.
Do you enjoy the games or the shots at bigant more?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back