Multiplat Cricket 19

Remove this Banner Ad

I play this on Switch too. Batting I probably need to up the difficulty on. Bowling is fine though I either go for 1 an over or 8

I like handheld mode. Feels comfy in my hands (largeish). Only time I had commentary on was when I forgot to turn it off when I played my first game

I feel this game is pretty good at replicating the differences between red and white ball cricket - at least for bowling in career mode.

For example, while I usually tweak the field settings, I've noticed that if you're (pace) bowling at the death in a T20 that the AI sets a pretty decent field for wide yorkers automatically.

Is there a pc mod that allows to replace the official Australia & England with academy ones? I’ve downloaded 2005 teams for all major internationals but can’t link those 2 cause they’re official, I can add the 05 roster to current roster but I want the kits too

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

How much better is this than Bradman cricket from 2017?

I went to EB Games to get Cricket 19 today and they did have it - but they did have a cheap 2nd hand version Bradman 2017.

Is Cricket 19 good enough to pay nearly 3 times as much and have to wait til next week? (I'm not going to a shopping mall, I live in a covid hotspot.)

I

I went to EB Games to get Cricket 19 today and they did have it - but they did have a cheap 2nd hand version Bradman 2017.

Is Cricket 19 good enough to pay nearly 3 times as much and have to wait til next week? (I'm not going to a shopping mall, I live in a covid hotspot.)

It’s significantly better. Maybe not on first impressions though.

I've been waiting for this game to go down in price but I swear it's never even been on sale! Probably due for a price cut at this stage in its life surely?

I've been waiting for this game to go down in price but I swear it's never even been on sale! Probably due for a price cut at this stage in its life surely?

AFter I posted earlier I found it on the Playstation store for 40 bucks. I've never bought a PS game digitally before, so don't know how it works with my lack of PS subscription, but I'm going to check it out tomorrow. I feel like I've waited my whole life for a good cricket game.

One more question for the pros that only just occurred to me.

I'd assumed I was going to get this on PS4. I bought Football Manager on PC a week ago, and it's the first PC game I've bought in about 18 years.

But is there any reason to consider getting this on PC rather than PS4? (Noting that on PC I'm on a 15 inch laptop screen, while on PS4 I'm sitting 1.5m from a 50 inch tv.)

I didn't know it was on PS4, but...

There is a lot of clicking and moving between screens and going back and forwards etc. Personally I find that a lot easier to do with a mouse compared to a ps4 controller.

There are lots of other reasons why management games work better on PC, but this is the main one for me.

I bought Cricket 18 when it was on sale for PC, found the load times much faster than PS4 which is good as you go in and out of games a lot, particularly in career mode.

Sorry to bump this, but is anyone using Mohammed Sherry's sliders? Apparently they are the best going around but the YouTube videos he posted showing them have been removed.

Cheers

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How does it run on switch?

Spewing it’s not coming to PC.

Pretty good, I love it for the portable factor. I had the first DBC on pc, played it on/off for a few years (skipping the sequel and initially skipped Ashes 17.... until it went free via game pass last year). Planned on buying Cricket 19 on the Switch for ages.... didn't really like the $99.95 price...... luckily back in June it was reduced to $40 and I pounced (unsure about the current price).

Pretty good, I love it for the portable factor. I had the first DBC on pc, played it on/off for a few years (skipping the sequel and initially skipped Ashes 17.... until it went free via game pass last year). Planned on buying Cricket 19 on the Switch for ages.... didn't really like the $99.95 price...... luckily back in June it was reduced to $40 and I pounced (unsure about the current price).

Ok cool, I play 2k20 on the train and it’s great! Cricket would be even better.

Ok cool, I play 2k20 on the train and it’s great! Cricket would be even better.

Well if you've played the cricket games over the last 5 years and found enjoyment from them, I think its worth buying. I am digging the Switch as a portable system. I too have NBA 2K20 and need to get back into it (picked it up on ps4/xbox/switch when it went cheap, have not really sunk too much time into it on ANY platform lol) if the port is done well having the portable version is pretty cool (hence why I don't mind AFL Evolution 2 on it).

The only port I was a bit iffy on was Fifa 18 - as cool as playing hand held fifa was, it didn't hold my attention for long..... but I guess I was tired of Fifa overall (rocket league is my "soccer" fix these days lol).

Cricket 19 is fun, I started playing it again last week after not focusing too much on it for a while..... re-learned how to bowl and took 4/75 in a shield match (4/75 is a pretty decent return for me). Got carted around the ground for a few overs, settled down and bowled more effectively. Took a multitude of different wickets (bowled, lbw, semi bowled aka bat connected to ball... but chopped on to the stumps etc).

How does it run on switch?
Really well imo. I only play it on the Switch and have put in a lot of hours into it. Loading times might feel slower compared to other consoles but great for when you want to play a game or an innings on the train or something like that

Bradman Cricket 2017 was rubbish. A huge step back from their really nice debut with Bradman Cricket 14.

Ashes Cricket was a return to form, and then Cricket 19 is a highly polished version of Ashes Cricket.

Get Cricket 19... it's a great game.

Created my own custom sides on this using my friends/ players played with etc and started a tour and having a blast!!!

Bowling is super fun. Nothing more rewarding than really grinding a wicket, especially snicking a bat off.

Started a test match got off to a flyer 1/120 off 22 overs, no slogging just a lot of boundaries through the covers. Playing at the WACA fast outfield.

Oppo really pegged it back with spin found it hard to score then the quicks again. Couldn't get gaps and my number 4 and 6 both out for under 10 off close to 40 balls. My number 5 grinded out 76 but fell short of partners as my last 4 all made less than 5

Remove this Banner Ad

Back