Multiplat Cricket 19

Remove this Banner Ad

Gotten back into this to finish off an Ashes series I started when the real series was on (these games take a while!)

Such a fun, stressful game. Also Starc got injured heading into the crucial game 5, with England leading the series 2-1. I'm not sure if the game tracks injuries throughout a series but for realism I think I'll "drop" him.

For everyone who might be having their yearly getting back into cricket mood with the real stuff on the tele, I'd highly recommend this game.

Played this for the first time in ages and first time on PS5 and I can't bowl properly, after I hit X it does like a double press so my timing is always early and I don't get a chance to input the second Square, Triangle or X. Unless I've completely forgotten how to bowl this is broken on PS5?

I hate the other method of bowling with the sticks although it works.

Played this for the first time in ages and first time on PS5 and I can't bowl properly, after I hit X it does like a double press so my timing is always early and I don't get a chance to input the second Square, Triangle or X. Unless I've completely forgotten how to bowl this is broken on PS5?

I hate the other method of bowling with the sticks although it works.

I've bowled the traditional sticks method since Bradman 14 so I can't help you there sorry. I also don't have a PS5. I'd post over in planetcricket.org and you'd have more of a hope of getting help.

Cracking game, I find bowling more enjoyable than batting. Batting can get a bit mundane but the bowling I find really enjoyable trying to grind wickets out.

Love it when you get a genuine edge to the cordon!

I found bowling a lot easier on Xbox. On the Switch it took forever to take wickets, and when it finally started happening it was mostly caught behind, lbw or the cpu would chop it back on to the stumps. My average started in the 90s, its down to the 30s now.

On the Xbox it didn't take long before I started taking wickets in the suburban league. And I'm clean bowling opposition batsmen (up to the state comps now), my bowling average is 23.

Loving it, got a Xbox game pass for $1 for 3 months and pretty much been playing Cricket 19 and a little FIFA.

Haven’t worked out how to actually take wickets yet so often simulate bowling. But getting invested in career mode atm as a gun opening batsman so don’t have to bowl anyway.

Loved the fact I could select my actual club in career mode as well, thought that was cool.

But it’s very typical, made the Victorian team in second season and straight in as shield captain! Got us to the top of the shield ladder with 3 innings victories in a row then last game of the season play the bottom placed NSW team and got smashed even after I made plenty of runs.

Loving it, got a Xbox game pass for $1 for 3 months and pretty much been playing Cricket 19 and a little FIFA.

Haven’t worked out how to actually take wickets yet so often simulate bowling. But getting invested in career mode atm as a gun opening batsman so don’t have to bowl anyway.

Loved the fact I could select my actual club in career mode as well, thought that was cool.

But it’s very typical, made the Victorian team in second season and straight in as shield captain! Got us to the top of the shield ladder with 3 innings victories in a row then last game of the season play the bottom placed NSW team and got smashed even after I made plenty of runs.

Bowling is much more enjoyable than batting. Career mode I find boring , better off playing a test championship or ashes series. You really have to work hard for your wickets and take note of batsman weakness. Took me a while to work it out but I got a lot of success once realising that, got a lot of top edges off short balls to certain batsman, its great when you keep hitting line and length keeping it tight then snick them off!

The major negaitve I find is when you play on hard level, it becomes almost impossible to play slow medium or spin bowling and the when your bowling spin you get a LOT of bat pad catches.

Bowling is much more enjoyable than batting. Career mode I find boring , better off playing a test championship or ashes series. You really have to work hard for your wickets and take note of batsman weakness. Took me a while to work it out but I got a lot of success once realising that, got a lot of top edges off short balls to certain batsman, its great when you keep hitting line and length keeping it tight then snick them off!
I found if I bowled with an older ball and would get 4 dots, the batsman would try an attacking shot on the last two deliveries. So would bowl short balls with 2 just behind square and make them pull. Wickets galore against some sides

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The major negaitve I find is when you play on hard level, it becomes almost impossible to play slow medium or spin bowling and the when your bowling spin you get a LOT of bat pad catches.

Against spin bowling it's definitely a challenge but you can improve and make it playable. Play the ball late...

As for bat pads, I hear you. I'm not sure what the best solution is but recently I just stopped putting in bat pads and silly points. A bit annoying, but I figured they were almost an exploit.

Wouldn't mind getting this but don't want to spend over $50 for a '19 game

yea i really wanna play this aswell but paying over 50 dollars abit eh, is there any new cricket game lined up or is the gonna be the only one for awhile

is it on pc game pass?

Have my own custom team full of my mates plus the great Brian Lara, started a tour of India that is 3 tests followed by a tri series 20/20 with India and Aus and a tri ODI series again India/Aus.

India won toss and batted on a very green but dusty wicket, day night test. Man it was hard work Gill and Sharma hit 120 off the first 15 overs until I removed Gill with a sharp catch in the gully off a genuine edge. Rohit out next over chopped on. Kohli and Pujara dug in until my leg spinner had Pujara caught at bat pad making 8 off 71 balls. Rahane and Kohli ticked it along nicely and didn't even look like getting a wicket. They took my off spinner to town.

Lights came on and the seamers were moving it around a lot but still no chances, decided to bombard Virat with bounces and set the trip, short leg cutter did the trick getting a big edge to the keeper out for 47. Eventually got Rahane out caught at leg gully off the gloves from my offie bowling around the wicket.

57 Overs Bowled India 5/251
Rohit 58
Gill 49
Pujara 8
Kohli - 47
Rahane - 31
Pant 15*
Jadeja 6*

Bowlers were
0/50
1/42
2/42
1/40
0/31
1/18

After finishing my Ashes series (which took months) I just started a 5 match ODI series in India with teams circa 2003 era

Gilly and Haydos got off to a great start before a runout started the rot. Now 7-120 and hoping that Warne and Lee and help the tail wag and get me up to maybe 180 or so which should be defendable with a bowling attack of McGrath, Warne, Lee and Bracken.

Kumble and the Turbanator have me in all sorts though. Smashed Agit Agarkar around the park though.

After finishing my Ashes series (which took months) I just started a 5 match ODI series in India with teams circa 2003 era

Gilly and Haydos got off to a great start before a runout started the rot. Now 7-120 and hoping that Warne and Lee and help the tail wag and get me up to maybe 180 or so which should be defendable with a bowling attack of McGrath, Warne, Lee and Bracken.

Kumble and the Turbanator have me in all sorts though. Smashed Agit Agarkar around the park though.

.... although i shouldn't get too confident about defending anything given the batting lineup is:

Sehwag
Tendulkar
Ganguly
Dravid
Laxman
Singh
Dhoni

.... handy players.

How do you come down the track to the spinners?

Also, first 3 games on med difficulty smashed 100 from 60 odd, 100 from 50 odd and then 21 from 9. Probably turn the difficulty up yeah?

Press R3 (i.e. press into the right joystick). You'll see the batsman raise their bat a bit. It's a bit pre-meditated though so I don't really use it.

And yep.... I spent some time making a custom difficulty because I wanted to make timing harder but not have my batsmen edge everything. Got myself a good challenge now.

Press R3 (i.e. press into the right joystick). You'll see the batsman raise their bat a bit. It's a bit pre-meditated though so I don't really use it.

And yep.... I spent some time making a custom difficulty because I wanted to make timing harder but not have my batsmen edge everything. Got myself a good challenge now.

Found this so I'll give it a shot.

Downloaded last night from gamepass and started a test championship, I'm (England) 2/90 after being 2/40 so getting the hang of batting though my shots are consistently early. Very much enjoying this.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back