Multiplat Cricket 19

I haven’t looked at the user sides before but lol at top result for all time Australia includes names like Starc, Tait, Symonds

It's probably just some dude's Fan XI... and I mean I can totally see why some kid might love those 3 players.

Taity at his prime was just heat. Poorly directed heat, but heat nonetheless.

Sep 7, 2008
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Philadelphia Eagles
Played a quick test match last night before bed using the sliders on the previous page. Also downloaded Gilly quickly (the best 5 star version of him is 78 rated - Paine is rated 82. WTAF haha).

Found bowling to be pretty difficult. Bowled 12 overs before simulating. Never created a chance and was going at 6 an over. Ho hum.

Simulation gets England to 478. I lose 4/7 pretty early on as I get used to it haha. Am I correct in assuming you don’t select front/back foot when choosing shots? Could defend easily enough but found scoring to be quite difficult. Which is good first inning of a test match. Was just a bit deflating after watching them treat it like an odi haha.

Was bowled out for about 60ish in the end and saved it to continue tonight. I of course am following on 🤦🏼‍♂️😂

The Academy search function is pretty horrendous. It takes ages to find stuff and it often isn't the best quality. For something like that with the Waugh twins, my guess is that it's purely alphabetical and so with Mark coming before Steve, as long as there are 20+ Marks then that'll fill up the page.

Your best bet is to find usernames of good quality modders, either through planetcricket or just some of the highest rated downloads, and then search by username.

As for ratings, they typically ain't great overall but also as for any crowd sourced thing, it's very hard to get good relative ratings.

No one in their right mind would say Paine is better than Gilly, but I guess it depends what they are relative to. Was Gilly made in an all time Australian XI? Where maybe Ponting is 85, Warne is 90 and Bradman is 99?

As for batting, yes you do select between front and back foot but only if on a harder difficulty. At the lower difficulties I think it's done for you, but to be honest I never played at those levels ;) Being able to fully control the footwork is fun and gets some realistic dismissals, like some "Watto style" plant the front foot forward when you really shouldn't lol.

What?

Loved Mark Waugh though!

Mark and Shaun have in common being gorgeous batsmen to watch with a tonne of talent but not averaging as much as they should.

Sep 7, 2008
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Philadelphia Eagles
The Academy search function is pretty horrendous. It takes ages to find stuff and it often isn't the best quality. For something like that with the Waugh twins, my guess is that it's purely alphabetical and so with Mark coming before Steve, as long as there are 20+ Marks then that'll fill up the page.

Your best bet is to find usernames of good quality modders, either through planetcricket or just some of the highest rated downloads, and then search by username.

As for ratings, they typically ain't great overall but also as for any crowd sourced thing, it's very hard to get good relative ratings.

No one in their right mind would say Paine is better than Gilly, but I guess it depends what they are relative to. Was Gilly made in an all time Australian XI? Where maybe Ponting is 85, Warne is 90 and Bradman is 99?

As for batting, yes you do select between front and back foot but only if on a harder difficulty. At the lower difficulties I think it's done for you, but to be honest I never played at those levels ;) Being able to fully control the footwork is fun and gets some realistic dismissals, like some "Watto style" plant the front foot forward when you really shouldn't lol.
Well that explains a bit. Will have to look up the controls for that. I’m batting on hardest so the CPU must have just been trying to pick it up for me.

Did notice a couple of strange things. Hit one up in the air that landed right in front of the keeper - he didn’t move at all when it was in the air but then quickly ran me out as soon as it hit the ground haha.

Did have fun though. Think it’ll be a good pick up overall.

Mark and Shaun have in common being gorgeous batsmen to watch with a tonne of talent but not averaging as much as they should.
I feel dirty reading this comparison! Mark in full flight was one of the best batsmen in the world, Shaun lucky to play as much as he did. That's probably enough of me derailing the thread though. ;)

Well that explains a bit. Will have to look up the controls for that. I’m batting on hardest so the CPU must have just been trying to pick it up for me.

Did notice a couple of strange things. Hit one up in the air that landed right in front of the keeper - he didn’t move at all when it was in the air but then quickly ran me out as soon as it hit the ground haha.

Did have fun though. Think it’ll be a good pick up overall.

You will get the odd weird thing like that but 90% of the time it's pretty realistic looking cricket. Playing day 1 Ashes, opening up with Harris & Warner... really tough stuff. Batting is tough, and that makes even like a 20 off 70 balls, still in at lunch seem rewarding.

Lynchy04

Cancelled
Apr 20, 2017
AFL Club
Richmond
wasteyouryouth

He has a lot and I mean a lot of updated teams current kits, very good player face models/bats used. International teams, lot of domestic teams from all comps , the hundred teams and 20/20 franchises.

Well worth it

Sep 7, 2008
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Philadelphia Eagles
Started a test championship. First test was in England, ended up on 280 odd. The last 150 really came from my bowlers. Starc and Cummins added a whole lot of runs.

Still can’t bowl for s**t. England were 0-126 when I turned it off last night. Not even creating chances. Will keep persevering though haha.

Lynchy04

Cancelled
Apr 20, 2017
AFL Club
Richmond
Started a test championship. First test was in England, ended up on 280 odd. The last 150 really came from my bowlers. Starc and Cummins added a whole lot of runs.

Still can’t bowl for sh*t. England were 0-126 when I turned it off last night. Not even creating chances. Will keep persevering though haha.

Look at planet cricket and the sliders. Makes it so much better for bowling creating chances and genuine play and misses. Pitch sliders.

Sep 7, 2008
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Philadelphia Eagles
Look at planet cricket and the sliders. Makes it so much better for bowling creating chances and genuine play and misses. Pitch sliders.
Yeah might have to. Adjusted the batting sliders, was hoping I wouldn’t have to touch the bowling but it doesn’t matter what I do, they’ve got an answer for it haha

Sep 7, 2008
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Philadelphia Eagles
So I updated just a few of the bowling sliders and started a new test championship. The team is as follows:

Langer
Hayden
SMarsh
Ponting
Clarke
MHussey
Gilly
Cummins
Warne
Lyon
McGrath
Batted first and made a disappointing 175. Hayden hit 97 off 78 balls - wasn’t any crazy shots played, just hit gaps well. Got given LBW from Moeen Ali (who took 8-29...) playing a bloody defensive shot ffs!

Didn’t think this would be anywhere near enough...until I had England 7-97. That’s when everything went to s**t. I’ve attached the scorecard so you can laugh at said shut show 🤦🏼‍♂️

Thought I’d sneak out of there with a lead, instead started with over a 100 run deficit. In response, I’m 1-36. Langer out caught from a rank half trekker from Broad that Ali spectacularly caught haha.

Attachments

• 3BA27D57-9EAB-4603-86FE-809996BE7F9C.jpeg
    3BA27D57-9EAB-4603-86FE-809996BE7F9C.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 42

Lynchy04

Cancelled
Apr 20, 2017
AFL Club
Richmond
This game is so much better with good teams. Wasteyouryouths current teams are really good, some of the models of the West Indians and South Africans are fantastic.

Lynchy04

Cancelled
Apr 20, 2017
AFL Club
Richmond
Gone under the radar but Big Ant released a DLC for this game which has the 100 and CPL in it. A lot of West Indians now licensed. The hundred is great, funky graphics to display the scores and cut scenes. Like the draft function it was a bit of fun ended up with Chris Gayle, Ravi Jadeja and Cummins as my 3 INT with Roy my top England signing.

Lynchy04

Cancelled
Apr 20, 2017
AFL Club
Richmond
Is there any news of a new game? Like Cricket 21/22?

Haven’t heard officially but Ross from big ant did say take note of when they generally release the game (Ashes Series times) so most likely one coming

The update DLC is pretty cool the hundred and the custom drafting can do is a nice touch. Gameplay seems to be improved more realistic better fielding animations.

Apr 27, 2008
The 'Yabba
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Chael Sonnen: Moral Champion
Downloaded this on gamepass for free and quite enjoying it, despite some menu design and quick match features being awful (no instant replay feature? I have to set the whole match up again? gagf)

I declined the message at the start to download custom (real) teams, if I activate it now will it do it automatically or are they specific creators I should look for to download from?

Last edited:
Mar 20, 2007
AFL Club
West Coast
Downloaded this on gamepass for free and quite enjoying it, despite some menu design and quick match features being awful (no instant replay feature? gagf)

I declined the message at the start to download custom (real) teams, if I activate it now will it do it automatically or are they specific creators I should look for to download from?
I think it picks the best rated teams and applies. They can be replaced at any stage as well, so no harm in doing it.

Back