Cricket 2007 - Official Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Why official? because I said it is so tough cheese.

Comes out in a couple of days, who is getting it? Ashes mode looks awesome and the game looks to be at least fun with the new batting controls. I'm actually pretty excited and the EA games are always easily editable by the Planetcricket.net people unlikely Brian Lara cricket where you are pretty much stuck with what you get out of the box except for a few editors.

Why no Xbox 360 Version ?

Well Cricket 2005 was an absolute waste of money, for a controller with 360 degrees of shots - it was stupid in that you could either block it or get caught either side of the wicket.

I love my cricket and so would like to give 07 a shot but it would need to be a massive improvment, otherwise I'll just stick to Snes Super International Cricket :)

Hopefully the smack on the head EA got after the release of RPIC means that this will be a much improved game - I beleive EA have made one bad cricket game after another since '97 version. I dont play 20 minute qtrs on AFL or 12 min Qtrs on Basketball - I play 2min qtrs - but ea seems to want to make 10 over games take about 2 hours to play.

Ricky Poniting Cricket was a great game - yes it had some bugs and limitations - but was a mile better than anything else EA has put out recently.

Hopefully the smack on the head EA got after the release of RPIC means that this will be a much improved game - I beleive EA have made one bad cricket game after another since '97 version. I dont play 20 minute qtrs on AFL or 12 min Qtrs on Basketball - I play 2min qtrs - but ea seems to want to make 10 over games take about 2 hours to play.

Ricky Poniting Cricket was a great game - yes it had some bugs and limitations - but was a mile better than anything else EA has put out recently.
So true !
I could actually hit boundaries in RP cricket !!!

I didn't actually have a problem with the batting in 05, seemed almost the same. I could easily hit cover drives, well any drive for four if i timed it well, i have always struggled with the short pitched stuff though.

would like to see a wii nintendo version of cricket, anyone whos seen the new controllers would love to bat and bowl with it.

bowling could get interesting but batting would be the best

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Basically one of the analog sticks works for footwork and the other works for shot direction, power and timing. Looks very promising. Planetcricket.net has a few early reviews of those who managed to get it before the Aussie release date of tomorrow.

Basically one of the analog sticks works for footwork and the other works for shot direction, power and timing. Looks very promising. Planetcricket.net has a few early reviews of those who managed to get it before the Aussie release date of tomorrow.

It has been released in Australia mate. I bought it at EB.

I bought the game today, and once again im pretty disappointed with it.

It is way too easy again, with the confidence metres having absolutely nothing to do with how well you bat. And to top it off, not all teams are licenced this time around..i know that india and sri lanka arent, so they have stupid made up names such as tendulkar is something like s.tendher

lucky i got it from eb so i can get a refund :thumbsdown:

GREAT! lol just bought it off ebay and now i hear its ********... o well i may like it :)

nothing wrong with it.

much better than 06 - the last one and so far fun to play.

something i just picked up was each player has their own bat, ie GN or puma.
when you play "the ashes" you can play as the host of the tour matches as well, meaning you get to play every game of a tour.

the grounds like awesome and batting is better than the last one,
I like the game.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back