Cricket 2007 - Official Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

D-I-S-S-A-P-O-I-N-T-I-N-G now i know why i only have 02 and 07.........
rubbish battings unrealistic and the bowlings ********, so damn crap, on 4 star batting goes from ahrd to easy in the smae innings and bowling is ridiculous

I don't get it...nothing will ever please anyone in terms of a cricket game. Cricket 2005 was TOO HARD...now Cricket 07 which has adapted 5 different difficulty levels, which are different (I got bowled for 19 on 5 stars playing defensive and moderate). Now it is TOO EASY...wtf, it is bull********.

Cricket 07 is better than RPIC 05, which was the best game. RPIC 05 to me was way to unrealistic, yet had the fun factor and also classic matches meant longetivity factor. Cricket 07 has them too. The Ashes scenarios for me on ONE star are impossible for me, I mean, i still haven't made a hundred with Clarke after at least 30 goes!!! It is way more realistic, that is for sure.

Pretty hard to please anyone, but this is easily the best cricket game so far, and I don't think anything needs to be done!

I don't get it...nothing will ever please anyone in terms of a cricket game. Cricket 2005 was TOO HARD...now Cricket 07 which has adapted 5 different difficulty levels, which are different (I got bowled for 19 on 5 stars playing defensive and moderate). Now it is TOO EASY...wtf, it is bull********.

Cricket 07 is better than RPIC 05, which was the best game. RPIC 05 to me was way to unrealistic, yet had the fun factor and also classic matches meant longetivity factor. Cricket 07 has them too. The Ashes scenarios for me on ONE star are impossible for me, I mean, i still haven't made a hundred with Clarke after at least 30 goes!!! It is way more realistic, that is for sure.

Pretty hard to please anyone, but this is easily the best cricket game so far, and I don't think anything needs to be done!

:thumbsu: :thumbsu:

Cricket 07 has all the features but it simply isn't fun. If I'm trying to cover drive the ball through the covers I constantly pick out the fielder so I think to myself...okay I'll try and hit it a bit squarer so I can find the gap between point and cover. What happens? I find myself with 1 knee on the ground playing some ridiculous square cut/drive. I'm not even sure what to call it but needless to say I missed the ball. It's terrible that a slight movement of the joystick will result in an entirely different shot...unlike RPIC where one shot, say the cover drive, could be played at various different angles.

RPIC 05, while unrealistic in many areas, had a much better feel to it. RPIC 07 needs to fix the running between wickets, foot selection, advancing down the pitch etc and yeh that sounds like a biggish task but Cricket 09 or whenever the new one comes out really needs a whole new match engine.

As far as difficulty goes...yeh Cricket 07 is good. It is definately hard to make a big score and then bowl teams out but it's not a good hard so to speak. It's hard to make a big score because the CPU never bowls outside off and every second ball is a yorker. It is also impossible to find the gaps as the ground is so tiny. If you hit it to someone on the boundary then it's a single. If there isn't anyone there then it's a 4. Sometimes you might get a 2 or even a 3 but only because the batsman are lightning fast inbetween wickets.

Watch out for RPIC 07. With online play it's garunteed to at least provide online entertainment if the AI sucks.

Im not bragging or anything but i find the game to easy, i just hit 6's of every single ball, thats why i stop playing it because if all i do is hit 6's then they are never going to be able to get my score

It isn't about a game being too easy or too hard, it's about it not being fun enough or at least realistic enough to play.

It would be good to play if you could make more realistic shots, no matter how easy or hard it was to do so. The problem all EA cricket games is that it's either too hard you don't have fun or it's too easy if you use the same "killer" shot that beats just about every ball.

6s are bloody easy. I can hit a 6 easier than I can peirce the field for a single. I know that I could easily post about 400 in a one dayer and be bowled out in the 25th over doing it but I try not to as I prefer trying to build an innings...unfortunately that's just no fun either.

Exactly...the thing with cricket games is simple...the user playing it will try to hit a six most balls he thinks is right, and will always look for the boundaries. That is what is unrealistic about the sport on a video game, and therefore, why cricket games will never be good enough for the person who refuses to see that.

You can't criticise a game if your going to make it unrealistic. Obviously, if you play on a harder level, it is harder to hit sixes, which I find on 4 stars, and therefore, I go out for less runs as I still look for the big hits. Obviously it is unrealistic.

I don't know much about match engines, but all I can say is, changing a match engine will do nothing as it won't change how a gamer plays. We aren't going to play 50 overs from 2:30 to the 6 o'clock news, we are going to play from 2:30 to 3:30 on the mean.

Yeah and I would play the game if i enjoyed it. I enjoyed BLIC and reckon I'll enjoy the 2007 version even more. Batting is fun and so is bowling. It simply isn't on EA Cricket 07 no matter if I go for the slog or try to play it rationally.

The problem is good sports games like Madden and NBA/NHL 2Kseries, PES even the criticised EA NBA and FIFA series, have realistic results and feats.

Lonie was right, but with the match engine they need to find a middle ground between realism and playability. Being able to hit realistic fours and hit it more accurate would be a start. The match engine will dictate how the user plays, as the video gamer pretty much tries what it can do to win.

Eh.. I play as VIctoria and it's way too easy to bowl them out. I just bowl the quicks and bowl bouncers and usually they mistime pull shots so I just place two fielders for the pull shot and the fielder takes an easy catch. I got 6 wickets from Lewis just by bowling bouncers... I can also just bowl WHite and Warne and bowl the opposing team for 30. I just bowl Wrong-Uns over the wicket and aim outside leg stump for Lefties and bowl leggies outside leg stump around the wicket to right handed batsman. Usually when they try to go from the drive it goes through the gate and bowls them. Too easy. Also basically you can only hit a few shots.... I hate it when the confidence thing is low and you time it perfectly but it goes straight to the filder. Surely in real life even though the batsman's confidence is low you can hit a gap. Still too unrealistic IMO. Can't wait until Ricky Ponting comes out. THe graphics look awwsome.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The problem with RPIC is that they only get runs through boundaries (for me anyway, or a single through to deep extra cover!) I mean, most balls are played to fine leg and they will stand there...that is the difference for me, competetiveness vs realism...not fun vs realism I guess...then again, these faults should be fixed, as mm said!

Yes the CPU running between wickets was terrible but we've been assured that it's better in 07 and you can throw to both ends of the pitch and actually get runouts!!!

BLIC had more realistic field sizes...they weren't tiny like those in Cricket 07 and 05.

go to planetcricket they have some neat downloads and patches. Got this thing that sets up the screen like the channel 9 layout.

On the game well its good but just not fun enough. Sixes are easy and easier than singles. Its not fun enough to build an innings. Still too many bugs like:
When autoplaying bowlers sometimes more than their allocated overs.
Umpires calling byes and no balls when they aren't
No option to play World Cup at another venue other than West Indies.
No team management area where you can set best XI's for teams.

Thats all from me for the moment!

I saw this thread from the subforum view and thought "why the hell would a thread be created for such an average game" yet it was me who made it :p

www.planetcricket.net will help you as there are still some over there that play this crap.

u can get cricket 07 for about 30 bucks on pc and ps2 at kmart or ebgames or bigw etc

Remove this Banner Ad

Back