Cricket 2016/17

Remove this Banner Ad

Oh ok. Yeah hadnt seen or heard of him for a while. Was highly touted a few years back. Ohwell

He's like 37 years old. Would have been handy 4 years ago when Macgill retired but not sure there is a point now. Would only play for 12 months at best.

Thankful we didn't waste a spot on Maxwell, should think before he opens his mouth again!

You're kidding me? Maxwell is comfortably in our best handful of limited overs cricketers and should be one of the first picked. The politics in Cricket Aus are complete and utter rubbish and part of the reason we've been so ordinary lately.

What' wrong with him? He's the best limited overs spinner we have. Swenson isn't ready, and Agar is horrible as a front line spinner.
I more meant what he was dishing up early as opposed to him generally. He actually came good halfway through his spell I reckon.

Yeah I agree, very limited area the leggies since the heydays of Warne/Magill.

You're kidding me? Maxwell is comfortably in our best handful of limited overs cricketers and should be one of the first picked. The politics in Cricket Aus are complete and utter rubbish and part of the reason we've been so ordinary lately.

It serves him right. End of the day you can't just mouth off in public and expect to be picked especially when Maxwell did nothing in the Metrador Cup himself

I more meant what he was dishing up early as opposed to him generally. He actually came good halfway through his spell I reckon.

Yeah I agree, very limited area the leggies since the heydays of Warne/Magill.

Swepson from QLD is the one but he's not ready and let's not play him before he's ready. Big Turner of the ball.

It serves him right. End of the day you can't just mouth off in public and expect to be picked especially when Maxwell did nothing in the Metrador Cup himself

We criticise sports people for wheeling out too many cliches but then shoot them down as soon as they tell us something honest. Agree that the timing of it was a bit strange but he definitely had a point if you look at last year's Shield stats.

We criticise sports people for wheeling out too many cliches but then shoot them down as soon as they tell us something honest. Agree that the timing of it was a bit strange but he definitely had a point if you look at last year's Shield stats.

You do it privately not in public. Do it behind closed doors. Maxwell hasn't earnt the right to mouth off with no consequences

He said he should be batting ahead of him or did i miss something?

he should be

He used the wrong language in doing it. He should have aired his issues privately not for the media. He's not the sharpest tool in the shed that's for sure

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He used the wrong language in doing it. He should have aired his issues privately not for the media. He's not the sharpest tool in the shed that's for sure

Who's to say they hadn't been aired privately already?

I think he is frustrated, he has been mis used by selectors at state and international level, I think as Cd said we dont want generic answers, he was not rude or horrid just believes he shouldnt be batting below the keeper

I dont mind it

He should be one of the first picked for the ODI team and the test team he should of got a crack at too, Batting below Wade is stupid, Vic coach should of told Wade to bat 7 and * off

State cricket should feed the AUS team

Yeh it's fairly standard for 'keepers to bat 6 or 7

he shouldnt be batting below the keeper

Who cares if you are a keeper, a bowler or an inanimate carbon rod. Your batting should dictate where you bat in the order, not what cricket kit you have or what you can do in the field.

Should Sangakkara have batted at 7 for Sri Lanka in test cricket when he was their best batsmen?? When De Villiers was keeping for South Africa (Before De utensil established himself) should he have been at 7 because he had the gloves???? * Standard categorisation.

You should bat to where your batting skill and technique dictate not what you do in the field.

Personally I would have Maxwell before Wade in the batting order, but that is purely on Batting as opposed to dictating a batting order for non batting related reasons.

Who cares if you are a keeper, a bowler or an inanimate carbon rod. Your batting should dictate where you bat in the order, not what cricket kit you have or what you can do in the field.

Should Sangakkara have batted at 7 for Sri Lanka in test cricket when he was their best batsmen?? When De Villiers was keeping for South Africa (Before De utensil) came, should he have been at 7 because he had the gloves???? **** Standard categorisation.

You should bat to where your skill and technique dictate.

Personally I would have Maxwell before Wade in the batting order, but that is purely on Batting as opposed to dictating a batting order for non batting related reasons.

I agree just meant keeper as in wade

Though calling him a keeper is generous

Should Sangakkara have batted at 7 for Sri Lanka in test cricket when he was their best batsmen?? When De Villiers was keeping for South Africa (Before De utensil established himself) should he have been at 7 because he had the gloves???? **** Standard categorisation.

You should bat to where your batting skill and technique dictate not what you do in the field.

Majority of 'keepers bat in the lower-middle order in longer forms of the game to give themselves adequate rest between keeping and batting. Sangakkara is an obvious exception but he averaged significantly more in tests without having the burden of wicket-keeping as well.

I think he is frustrated, he has been mis used by selectors at state and international level, I think as Cd said we dont want generic answers, he was not rude or horrid just believes he shouldnt be batting below the keeper

I dont mind it

Misused lol, nearly threw my lunch up! Wade batted higher as the situation required a bloke to stay in, not slog his way to 30 and get out as per usual with Maxwell. Wade getting 25 hurts more than Maxwell getting 30 as he's used more balls, which makes the ball softer for the following batsmen.

Misused lol, nearly threw my lunch up! Wade batted higher as the situation required a bloke to stay in, not slog his way to 30 and get out as per usual with Maxwell. Wade getting 25 hurts more than Maxwell getting 30 as he's used more balls, which makes the ball softer for the following batsmen.

you mean like the game v queensland where Wade got 3 off 12 then maxwell 81 off 138

Remove this Banner Ad

Back