Cricket 2016/17

Remove this Banner Ad

He's that aggressive spearhead bowler we've always fed off. McGrath. MitchJohno. Etc.

I don't think it's as malicious as making gestures like slitting your throat or anything....
Lol hes not even close to being in those guys class. GMAB

Once hes got 200 test wickets to his name he can start to do the s**t he does on field. Until then he needs to worry about taking wickets and not engaging with anyone that will listen to his s**t snipes

You been hacked?

Lol hes not even close to being in those guys class. GMAB
Didn't say he was. Simply said, at the moment, he is emulating their role as that agressive strike bowler (not their performance, just their role).

I think it's an important role within our team. All our successful eras had that player. Lillee, McGrath, Johnson. All of them add that aggressive, in your face type of attack. Starc was handed that role from Johnson & I think he does it well. No real malice in it from my point of view. Get's a bit sooky but so did the others I mentioned at times.

What don't you like about it compared to the same kind of stuff Johono or Lillee dished up?

Didn't say he was. Simply said, at the moment, he is emulating their role as that agressive strike bowler (not their performance, just their role).

I think it's an important role within our team. All our successful eras had that player. Lillee, McGrath, Johnson. All of them add that aggressive, in your face type of attack. Starc was handed that role from Johnson & I think he does it well. No real malice in it from my point of view. Get's a bit sooky but so did the others I mentioned at times.

What don't you like about it compared to the same kind of stuff Johono or Lillee dished up?
Its not even ruthless aggression its not scary its just him being a dick. Lillee and thommo do it and you pay attention. Starc does it and he just looks like a prick

Its not even ruthless aggression its not scary its just him being a dick. Lillee and thommo do it and you pay attention. Starc does it and he just looks like a prick
Haha. Fair enough mate. I see where you are coming from. None-the-less, it's his attempt to play that role & I don't mind it. I don't think he's nasty or goes over the top or anything.

But yeah, can be a bit annoying and not really that feared intimidator we need out of him I agree.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Holy crap... See that pitch in Ranchi?? Just when I thought the BCCI & India couldn't get much more grubby & lower they manage to insult me that little bit more!

Clear cheating. Even after the ICC warning them. Obviously India must control cricket now, they get away with so much. It makes me sick that they can get away with such blatent underhanded cheating while our boys are under the microscope for so much as passing wind.

Last edited:
I expect them to prepare pitches that suit their team, but this is getting a bit ridiculous.

Unless they plan on also doctoring the toss it is still 50-50.
Pitches like this one batting 2nd (not 1st, 3rd or 4th) is the best time to bat.

Yeh from what I've read it's going to be very low and slow...they're worried a rank turner (like the 1st test) will make SoK's straight ball too dangerous and if it offers too much bounce (2nd test) it brings Lyon and the quicks into play. I reckon our best chance of winning will be to cross all our fingers and toes and hope to win the toss and put up 500+.

Yeh from what I've read it's going to be very low and slow...they're worried a rank turner (like the 1st test) will make SoK's straight ball too dangerous and if it offers too much bounce (2nd test) it brings Lyon and the quicks into play. I reckon our best chance of winning will be to cross all our fingers and toes and hope to win the toss and put up 500+.

I am not too concerned with the pitch...we will miss Starc, Warner's due , so is Kohli.

Holy crap... See that pitch in Ranchi?? Just when I thought the BCCI & India couldn't get much more grubby & lower they manage to insult me that little bit more!

Clear cheating. Even after the ICC warning them. Obviously India must control cricket now, they get away with so much. It makes me sick that they can get away with such blatent underhanded cheating while our boys are under the microscope for so much as passing wind.
I preferred putch

Remove this Banner Ad

Back