Cricket 2016/17

Remove this Banner Ad

Against nearly the ball of the series ! Where are the Maxwell knockers ? great partnership, we are really blessed to see 1 of the greats of Aussie cricket already

I was on the maxwell bandwagon with you

Fair call re handscomb still hope he gets some runs this series

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I was on the maxwell bandwagon with you

Fair call re handscomb still hope he gets some runs this series

Maxwell is his own worst enemy. Good to see the selectors give him another go, way to talented for the penny not to drop at test level.

Handscomb needs to be more positive or he will keep getting 20's and 30's.

Maxwell is his own worst enemy. Good to see the selectors give him another go, way to talented for the penny not to drop at test level.

Handscomb needs to be more positive or he will keep getting 20's and 30's.
Thoughts on Warner, I would drop him for Usman if he fails again, just to give the flog a kick up the arse

Thoughts on Warner, I would drop him for Usman if he fails again, just to give the flog a kick up the arse

Dunno about that. He is the type of player that you need to stick fat with when he has a lean trot, he will pull something out of his arse sooner or later.

The difference between Handscomb and the Marshes is that Handscomb will occupy the crease and get his 20 or 30 runs and make a contribution when he fails.

Shaun Marsh gets nothing or 180. Most often nothing.

Mitch Marsh always gets nothing.

I might have to eat some serious humble pie re Maxwell. He batted like a Test batsman yesterday.

Oh I agree with that. But once we've finally got rid of the Marshes for good a bit of stability in the batting line up won't hurt. Put Usman back at 3 or 4 and leave him there.

The interesting question will be our pace bowlers. Patto is still first selected for mine.

A home Ashes series with all of Starc, Hazlewood, Cummins and Pattinson fit + firing is a mouthwatering prospect. If pitches like the 'Gabba and WACA are going to be fast and bouncy then there's every chance Lyon could be carrying the drinks. Could include Adelaide under lights in that group as well.

Edit: This would also give us an extremely deep batting line up...having Cummins strolling to the crease at number 10 would be a rare luxury.

A home Ashes series with all of Starc, Hazlewood, Cummins and Pattinson fit + firing is a mouthwatering prospect. If pitches like the 'Gabba and WACA are going to be fast and bouncy then there's every chance Lyon could be carrying the drinks. Could include Adelaide under lights in that group as well.

Edit: This would also give us an extremely deep batting line up...having Cummins strolling to the crease at number 10 would be a rare luxury.

It'd be up there with Garner, Holding, Roberts and Marshall.

Sorry, Bedford, to drag up those memories. *shudder*

Remove this Banner Ad

Back