Multiplat Cricket 24

Remove this Banner Ad

Nacon clearly has issues with quality control & studio management

Bigant isn’t the only studio they own to have released an unfinished/broken game

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
How much quality control do they even do from the other side of the world on Sports they likely know nothing about?

Why are things going backwards in Cricket 24. Apparently the batting and fielding are worse. Surely 22 was a starting point and they built from there. Nothing should be going backwards if tested properly

I’m not finding that at all, playing on Xbox no idea about patches etc but for me batting is better it’s very similar but there’s some new shots and the AI is a lot better especially in test matches. They bat better and they set good fields that don’t change all the time.

The academy is bugged as hell, some of the game modes are bugged and there’s a few glitches with keeping not catching ball players walking through boundary fences.

I don’t do manual fielding so can’t comment. The game feels a lot smoother , I’d say it’s a slight upgrade. It’s just disappointing that the licences have restricted a lot of features.

I’m not finding that at all, playing on Xbox no idea about patches etc but for me batting is better it’s very similar but there’s some new shots and the AI is a lot better especially in test matches. They bat better and they set good fields that don’t change all the time.

The academy is bugged as hell, some of the game modes are bugged and there’s a few glitches with keeping not catching ball players walking through boundary fences.

I don’t do manual fielding so can’t comment. The game feels a lot smoother , I’d say it’s a slight upgrade. It’s just disappointing that the licences have restricted a lot of features.
id rather Academy creations over licenced any day

in cricket 22, i set up career mode to have international teams and kits from the early 2000's using custom teams, the career was fun

the more licences they get, i wont be able to do that, unless they add more nations to career mode that can be replaced

How have they managed to make a game worse than their old game which is using everything the same. Not even an in game hud update

Still 100,000 times better than AFL when that come out. So far, 3 broken games and the other one delayed (Union)

Surely the company goes under? Which would be sad to see because I don’t see any other studios picking up these games. But how can they survive

How have they managed to make a game worse than their old game which is using everything the same. Not even an in game hud update

Still 100,000 times better than AFL when that come out. So far, 3 broken games and the other one delayed (Union)

Surely the company goes under? Which would be sad to see because I don’t see any other studios picking up these games. But how can they survive
They are owned by Nacon so any losses Big Ant may have on these games can be underwritten by them but it all depends on how long they want to do that for. They certainly can't be happy with the current releases and if they are than my god...

I don’t play that mode so haven’t seen it. I’ve had a relatively bug free experience in game play just been doing play now test match.

But I did try the World Cup and it kept crashing academy is still bugged as hell, licenses are a nightmare.

Whilst some of this game feels new and improved it’s just amazing how this franchise has gone backwards, modes that worked well in 22 don’t work now and the licensing issues and lack of flexibility have hamstrung lots of areas.

Gave it a go but thankfully Microsoft have a great return policy online and it’s been refunded.

I know I was pre warned but I did have confidence in this game due to the previous games of cricket but it’s clear it’s gone backwards, focus on the wrong areas. They got greedy and took on too much should never have touched AFL.

I don’t play that mode so haven’t seen it. I’ve had a relatively bug free experience in game play just been doing play now test match.
Basically me after I got sick of doing season mode in AFL :p

Hopefully the game becomes good in time (months ?). I know Cricket 19 and especially Cricket 22 took a while to get to the "good to play" stage. But yes I agree they've fallen HARD from the Don Bradman Cricket debut.

They are owned by Nacon so any losses Big Ant may have on these games can be underwritten by them but it all depends on how long they want to do that for. They certainly can't be happy with the current releases and if they are than my god...
Yes but Nacon can go their own way. I put BA in the same category as Cyanide, who push out PCM and TDF, basically the same game every year. Just slight improvements

If anything Cricket 24 is currently behind Cricket 22 and even the version before that

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It is so staggering that licences have crippled this game.

You have licensed players like Glenn Maxwell using a kookaburra model bat from 2021 when the current day Beast version he used at the World Cup is on the game but you can’t give it to him.

Stuart Broad used a GM in the ashes and he has a plain bat and you can’t give him a GM.

Wouldn’t the point of licensing players if you can’t even implement simple accurate current day kit gear that is even licensed on the game.

First ball I faced in the game was a forward defence that rolled back to the bowler. Cut scene goes to the umpire signalling four and I get the trophy for hitting a boundary.

The most licenced game ever and I’ve had to download 5 of the 10 teams from the community to play the unofficial World Cup it launched alongside. Opening game Aus v Ind and no matter what I try the game ends up being played at a random suburban ground as a day game. I’ve always ended up getting value out of their cricket games but this another BA launch going swimmingly.

5/10 review from IGN. Same score AFL 23 averaged.

Seems to be the best Big Ant are capable of these days.

EDIT: Having read the review in full now it's freaky how similar the issues are. Bugs galore, barebones career mode, pro team missing completely, a focus on licencing over gameplay etc :(

Last edited:
And Big disappointmant Studios will continue releasing unfinished games, if us suckers keep buying them that way. Shame on those who bought the game, unfortunately you are part of the problem. However, part of the solution too. Don’t buy unfinished games.

I am guilty of that with AFL23.

Cricket 22 is a good game, return Cricket 24, and just play 22.

Last edited:
Whats terrifying is that the games Big Ant have released this year had great foundations to build on, especially cricket and they've bottled it. Really worries me what Rugby 24 is going to be like.

Whats terrifying is that the games Big Ant have released this year had great foundations to build on, especially cricket and they've bottled it. Really worries me what Rugby 24 is going to be like.

Yeah, whenever someone says "At least they now have a solid foundation to make the next one better!" the easiest counterargument is their entire track record :(

Has anyone been able to download best for all teams on PC. Every time I try it just kicks me out of the academy without changing any teams. Any help is appreciated.

On SM-S906E using BigFooty.com mobile app

Has anyone been able to download best for all teams on PC. Every time I try it just kicks me out of the academy without changing any teams. Any help is appreciated.

On SM-S906E using BigFooty.com mobile app

Haven’t played a cricket game since 19, was really wanting to get it this year but guessing this isn’t the one?

Last edited:
Haven’t played a cricket game since 19, was really wanting to get it this year but guessing this isn’t the one?
Honestly if I was you, just get Cricket 22 cheap and then download all the real-life players and teams from the community hub, much more affordable then forking out so much for a reskin of the previous game.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back