Cricket at Metricon stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

A shame however footy is the primary sport at the con.

Expect the BBL to get a slice of Metricon action (after all SEQ has the Gabba, Allan Border Field AND Metricon)
Good for footy in GC. This whole year will only improve the sport there no doubt about that.

Same about the cricket, but there will be games, especially when summer hits.

Good for footy in GC. This whole year will only improve the sport there no doubt about that.

Same about the cricket, but there will be games, especially when summer hits.
There wont be any cricket in Victoria this summer.

NSW (I am even surprised they took the WBBL there) i dont think would have a lot of games despite yesterdays announcement just because VIC and NSW are classed as covid hot spots

There wont be any cricket in Victoria this summer.

NSW (I am even surprised they took the WBBL there) i dont think would have a lot of games despite yesterdays announcement just because VIC and NSW are classed as covid hot spots
Summer is a long way away. Vic is improving, and NSW has less than 200 active cases. I wouldn't count it out.

Queensland to host 70% of the summer of cricket

Three ODIs and three T20Is to be held at the Gabba and Metricon Stadium from late November to early December.

three 50-over games and three T20s at the Gabba and Metricon Stadium on the Gold Coast in late November to early December.

BBL Fixtures have been released. Only venues fixtured for December though.

Matches at Metricon:

Saturday 26th December 2020
Sydney Sixers vs Melbourne Stars, 8:20pm LOCAL

Tuesday 29th December 2020
Melbourne Renegades vs Sydney Sixers, 5:10pm LOCAL

Also, in case you missed it, the Gold Coast has missed out on securing international cricket this summer with the limited overs matches to be played in Sydneya and Canberra.

BBL January Fixtures have been released:

Friday January 1
Melbourne Renegades vs Sydney Thunder, 6:15pm

Sunday January 3
Adelaide Strikers vs Sydney Sixers, 6:15pm

Thursday January 7
Brisbane Heat vs Melbourne Stars, 8:20pm

Sunday January 10
Sydney Sixers vs Brisbane Heat, 6:15pm

More BBL games this summer at Metricon Stadium than the MCG

BBL January Fixtures have been released:

Friday January 1
Melbourne Renegades vs Sydney Thunder, 6:15pm

Sunday January 3
Adelaide Strikers vs Sydney Sixers, 6:15pm

Thursday January 7
Brisbane Heat vs Melbourne Stars, 8:20pm

Sunday January 10
Sydney Sixers vs Brisbane Heat, 6:15pm

More BBL games this summer at Metricon Stadium than the MCG
only because the eased of restrictions and the opening of the borders came too late with scheduling. But I may go to a couple stars games in melb. Just to see sport again. been a long time.

11 days to go until this season's first BBL game at Metricon (Sydney Sixers v Melbourne Stars).

In the mean time it's worth keeping an eye on some of the Gold Coast boys competing in the league this season. A few probably worth mentioning are Max Bryant, Xavier Bartlett and Matt Kuhnemann with the Brisbane Heat, Ben McDermott with the Hobart Hurricanes and Billy Stanlake with the Melbourne Stars. There's probably a few more GC players throughout the league but these are the ones I can think of right now.

11 days to go until this season's first BBL game at Metricon (Sydney Sixers v Melbourne Stars).

In the mean time it's worth keeping an eye on some of the Gold Coast boys competing in the league this season. A few probably worth mentioning are Max Bryant, Xavier Bartlett and Matt Kuhnemann with the Brisbane Heat, Ben McDermott with the Hobart Hurricanes and Billy Stanlake with the Melbourne Stars. There's probably a few more GC players throughout the league but these are the ones I can think of right now.
I don’t really watch it but Michael neser an origional gold coaster.

And a third wicket for our man to close out the innings. Not bad from young Bartlett taking three wickets in three overs. I'm sure the TSS Old Boys are loving what they're seeing tonight.

First Metricon BBL game of the season is tonight at 8:20pm local time. The Melbourne Stars take on the Sydney Sixers in tonight's clash. Local boy Billy Stanlake will be playing for the Stars tonight so it'll be interesting to see how one of our own does on home turf. For those who aren't aware, Billy's brother Jack was a foundation player with us and his father (Warren) played for the Bulldogs back in the day.

More importantly, hopefully there's a decent crowd tonight so Cricket Australia take notice and move closer towards giving us our own BBL franchise.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ridiculous start time
Stupid decision. The game literally finished after midnight which is far too late. After 1am for those in the southern states.

Reserve the late Saturday night time slot for games in Perth.

Who watched the Pooran show? That was such an entertaining innings by him. Maxwell still around.
Pooran was great but Daniel Hughes really stole the show with 96 runs (new ground record) and had the chance to hit a ton + win the game in the last over but hit the ball just a little shy of the boundary and was caught. You couldn't ask for a more exciting finish with 4 boundaries in the final over and the game decided by a 4 on the second last ball. I just wish the timing of the fixture was better.

ha ha the Hughes show was better
Go the 6ers!!!
stars do what does do best lol ruin themselves. Nothing worse when its on the last ball.

But no, when you bring up your 50 in 14 balls? I think it was, and most of them was 6's.. that was the most entertaining thing in ages.

Stupid decision. The game literally finished after midnight which is far too late. After 1am for those in the southern states.

Reserve the late Saturday night time slot for games in Perth.

Pooran was great but Daniel Hughes really stole the show with 96 runs (new ground record) and had the chance to hit a ton + win the game in the last over but hit the ball just a little shy of the boundary and was caught. You couldn't ask for a more exciting finish with 4 boundaries in the final over and the game decided by a 4 on the second last ball. I just wish the timing of the fixture was better.
I went to bed, disappointed to say the least waking up to what happened lol But you still can't say Pooran's innings was not at least one of the most entertaining off what was it, 17 balls?
And the score should have been enough, but clearly didn't bowl as well as they should.

The timeslot was quite late, it shouldn't start any later than 8.

Last edited:
Just bought a ticket for Tuesday, Looking forward to seeing how cricket goes at the hallowed ground.

Anyone else going?
Early start this time - 5:10pm. Hopefully there's a good turnout but you never know with a Tuesday night fixture.

I'm sure Daniel Hughes will be fired up to hit another big score. He's 2 runs shy of 100 total runs at Carrara so I'm sure he'll want to at least hit that tonight.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back