Portfolio Cricket Australia | A 2020 Vision

Remove this Banner Ad

4Ov94go.png

Cricket Australia | A 2020 Vision
by Freight Train

The year is 2020.

Domestic cricket is dead - well, almost.

Record low numbers over the past Shield and One Day seasons pale in comparison to the glory days of domestic cricket, as the Big Bash continues to decimate state cricket and subsequntly the development of strong longer format cricketers.

However, Cricket Australia are making positive changes to see a return to the great days of Shield and one day cup cricket in Australia with the season now running through the entire summer, with the Big Bash running alongside and all games to be broadcast between both Channel Seven and Fox Cricket.

In a first, Cricket Australia have signed a long-term, all inclusive apparel contract with Australian cricket manufacturer Kookaburra, who will supply to the international and domestic sides, as well as the Big Bash franchises.

For this portfolio, I will start with the state competitions, then work my way through to the Big Bash League and finally, the Australian national team.

Welcome to the future of Australian cricket.

Last edited:

Great portfolio so far! Like the idea of them all having the same classy, general design for ODI's, though can't help what you could've come up with if they were different.
Though I presume this'll be expressed once the BBL segment comes along :)

Great portfolio so far! Like the idea of them all having the same classy, general design for ODI's, though can't help what you could've come up with if they were different.
Though I presume this'll be expressed once the BBL segment comes along :)

Yeah the individual designs and identities will come into play moreso with the BBL teams. I always loved the templated style across the league growing up, back when the designs were either quite outrageous or had some degree of personalisation (2004 comes to mind).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

* I never get enough of horizontal alternate colour strips with the sponsor inside.

Would love to see if ACT and NT had a team for both Sheffield Shield and One-Day Cup competitions. just another idea.

Would love to see if ACT and NT had a team for both Sheffield Shield and One-Day Cup competitions. just another idea.

Depending on my motivation, I might do something similar as an epilogue to this portfolio.

See how we go.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back