Cricket Australia (CA) has announced a $361 MILLION 7-year deal with Disney Star to beam men’s and women’s matches into India and elsewhere in Asia.

Remove this Banner Ad

Oct 8, 2004
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool
Cricket Australia (CA) has announced a seven-year deal with Disney Star to beam men’s and women’s matches into India and elsewhere in Asia.

The agreement, reportedly worth more than $US250m ($A361m), will broadcast international cricket and the Big Bash League for men and women into India and “other territories across Asia” from season 2023-24.

Hopefully a first step towards seeing some Indian talent being allowed to take part in the BBL?
There isn't any hope of that. BCCI had no incentive to allow it before, and still have no incentive to allow it now.

From an Australian cricket perspective, the deal changes nothing except for giving CA more money. That will partly be used to attract talent to the BBL, but it won't be of the Indian variety.

sonofafrank

Debutant
Jul 10, 2022
AFL Club
Essendon
Can’t wait for all the marvel comic cross promotions and rainbow symbols to be included in every opportunity.

Bollywood Thor and captain America sir special guest appearance by Sachin Tendulkar

Last edited:
I love Kayo for AFL and cricket

Not a big fan of their recent price increase but as a sports fan in Australia , you need it .
And that is my problem you need it, it's excessive how much is it $35 a month for Dad to watch is racing, Mum to watch her Football and me to watch the cricket or football

I had to cancel it wasn't worth me shilling out $35 a month

Oct 6, 2011
Auckland, New Zealand
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Patriots, Golden State, Wildcats
And that is my problem you need it, it's excessive how much is it $35 a month for Dad to watch is racing, Mum to watch her Football and me to watch the cricket or football

I had to cancel it wasn't worth me shilling out $35 a month
Add to the fact that I was watching NZ V Scotland on a free live stream last night, which was just as good as quality.

How do you now watch AFL games then?

Add to the fact that I was watching NZ V Scotland on a free live stream last night, which was just as good as quality.

How do you now watch AFL games then?
If it's not on free to air too bad too sad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I just like having kayo mainly for watching AFL games on replay. Hate paying the increase in price though. They should have some rates for students as well.
Same here but it's not financially viable sadly

I love my sport but when it's 3 x the price of Disney

Oct 6, 2011
Auckland, New Zealand
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Patriots, Golden State, Wildcats
Same here but it's not financially viable sadly

I love my sport but when it's 3 x the price of Disney
Speaking of financially viable

My Kayo stream has just been turned off

Agree with the cost of living all increasing, im questioning whether I should recactivate my subscription as well.

These days there are plenty of streams available for cricket free which broadcast the main cricket nations and cricketing leagues.

Back