Cricket Australia Contracts 2017/8

Remove this Banner Ad

Wow, amazing revelation from Rodney Hogg on SEN just then about the Faulkner snub.

Hogg said that Lancashire offered Faulkner 120k a season to be their marquee for the upcoming county season. CA apparently interfered with Faulkner's interests and told him to keep cherry ripe for national selection. Faulkner then gets dropped from the ODI squad and cut from the CA contract.
Yeah that's a bit rough

Marsh was a clear mistake. A mistake which does not justify picking another player who would also not be up to it.
But they still signed Marsh to a contract, yet used the same justification to not sign Faulkner. Who is fit. Marsh is not.

But they still signed Marsh to a contract, yet used the same justification to not sign Faulkner. Who is fit. Marsh is not.

Mitch Marsh has a pretty good ODI record with the bat.

Faulkner's average with the bat in ODI cricket over the last two years is 17 with no 50s.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Taylor was apart of a player group that were keen to strike in 97

Yes, but he actually got into a bit of controversy iirc when he went outside the ACA and tried to negotiate a compromise with the head people at CA (or the ACB it was known then). So I guess even then he wasn’t that much of a believer in player unity as most teammates would’ve been.

Surely the players won't strike during The Ashes?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Surely CA won't sacrifice the Ashes just so they can break the players union

(*sees that the new CA chairman is ex-Rin Tinto*)

hmm i guess they might

769518.jpg

Does anybody know if the players do strike during The Ashes, would they still play Sheffield Shield to keep in touch or would they be striking from all forms of cricket?

If a strike (or a CA enforced lockout) happens, it's because the deal CA wants is one that hurts domestic cricketers more than international. that is, they won't be a shield comp either because that's where the issue is coming from
Unfortunately you wouldn't know that to listen to a lot of the media reporting. A lot of journos are playing it as the international players getting greedy.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back