Cricket Australia Gold - 24/7 Channel

Remove this Banner Ad

geez Craig McDermott was a gun - always in the mix in all these old matches. You get the feeling if he wasn't immediately before the McGrath and Warne era he might be more remembered.

The 5 foot 2 Tasmanian with the flared pants gets us home with an unbeaten 87 against India!

Crazy seeing how many guys were sliding into the fence. How did we not get more injuries?

Also, what happened to banners? That was very much a staple of the early 90s, seeing people trying to write witty messages on bed sheets.

geez Craig McDermott was a gun - always in the mix in all these old matches. You get the feeling if he wasn't immediately before the McGrath and Warne era he might be more remembered.

like to bowl in a watch , don't see that much anymore

Watching the old summers it's interesting to see how different every ground is now.

Bellrieve may as well have cars parked around it, now it has some decent stands no lights then

Gabba- dog track, mismatched stands around no lights

adelaide oval - basically just the trees and scoreboard still the same as today and again no lights

WACA- not used anymore

Mcg every stand different now

SCG new stands maybe overall the least changed though?

Ok maybe not interesting ? but I find it cool to remember and see the grounds

Until the renos came along apart from the Bradman stand replacing the Cresswell and that monstrous Chappell stand in front of the Vic's most of the Adelaide Oval had been the same since Bodyline.
It's still instantly recognisable - you see it on a replay and immediately know its AO

Started watching Cricket Gold on my Samsung TV Plus app on my 27 inch Samsung smart monitor (also on smart tv) and watched about last 10 minutes of the 2nd final of WSC Cup at SCG of 91/92 tri series comp at SCG and a 18 year old Tendulkar was driving India towards victory has just hit his 50.

But last few overs the Indians threw wickets away - Tendulkar made 69 and Oz won the match by 6 runs 7/202 v 208 and and won the cup 2-0.

So about to start is the 2 hour highlights package of each of the tests v West Indies in 1992/93. But the pricks aren't showing the 3rd test and so I can't see Lara make his famous 277 first test century at the SCG where he runs himself out and was the only way he was going to get out. Probably would have made the biggest maiden test hundred score. Pretty sure Bobby Simpson's first hundred of 311 is the highest. Would have set the alarm for 5am to watch those highlights.

Edit nope, a 21 year old Garry Sobers in his 17th test made 365 not out and a world record for his maiden test century. Lara probably would have beaten that if he didn't run himself out.

Have just seen 5 minutes of Ambrose bowling at the Gabba in the 1st test and he his hitting batsmen left right and centre especially Steven Waugh batting at number 3 and got him caught behind for 10.

Last edited:
Watching the old summers it's interesting to see how different every ground is now.

Bellrieve may as well have cars parked around it, now it has some decent stands no lights then

Gabba- dog track, mismatched stands around no lights

adelaide oval - basically just the trees and scoreboard still the same as today and again no lights

WACA- not used anymore

Mcg every stand different now

SCG new stands maybe overall the least changed though?

Ok maybe not interesting ? but I find it cool to remember and see the grounds
Bellerive you could see people strolling in and out of the dunnies at one end.

The You Tube Cricket Gold 24/7 is showing different stuff to what is on Samsung TV app Cricket Gold.

On You Tube showing a ODI match has just ended from 1992/93 series, Oz won at SCG and Tony Greig interviewed Border and now Richie Richardson. Edit nope its from 1991/92 Tri series with India and now showing Oz v WI from Gabba

Oh Boonie... runs himself out after a great hunj being lazy :(

The You Tube Cricket Gold 24/7 is showing different stuff to what is on Samsung TV app Cricket Gold.

On You Tube showing a ODI match has just ended from 1992/93 series, Oz won at SCG and Tony Greig interviewed Border and now Richie Richardson. Edit nope its from 1991/92 Tri series with India and now showing Oz v WI from Gabba

Can confirm this... that's so bizarre.

Samsung app currently showing Australia vs the Windies ODI from 92/93, while Youtube is showing Australia vs India test match from (I think) 91/92.

Highly enjoying the channel. Saw highlights of an Oz v WI ODI at the SCG from 1991/92 that I hadn't seen any footage of anywhere since watching it live on TV at the time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The 5 foot 2 Tasmanian with the flared pants gets us home with an unbeaten 87 against India!

Crazy seeing how many guys were sliding into the fence. How did we not get more injuries?

Also, what happened to banners? That was very much a staple of the early 90s, seeing people trying to write witty messages on bed sheets.

Wasn't that a Channel 9 competition? You had to draw the Toyota logo on the banner and i guess most witty message shown on tv won a prize?

I was going to say might be conditions of ground entry, which don't apply to football because cricketers are more precious about external things disputing their sight/concentration etc.

also they wouldn't let you hang them over the advertising hoardings these days.

Australia A v England in 'world series' ODIs, whatever that was, Australia A side is stacked! Martyn, Lehamn, Hayden, Ponting, Langer..

Australia A v England in 'world series' ODIs, whatever that was, Australia A side is stacked! Martyn, Lehamn, Hayden, Ponting, Langer..
The 1994–95 World Series was a One Day International cricket quadrangular where Australia played host to England and Zimbabwe. A development team Australia A also took part in the tournament.

article

Australia A 0/24 after 10 overs seems pretty slow going, even in those days. Hayden and Blewett opening.

The A's bowlers weren't much to write home about, the batting depth at the time was unbelievable bowlers, not so much.

Agree. Merv stays fit and Reiffel stays in the A side maybe the finals are closer mind you.

Looking at the Mercantile Mutual stats that summer, there's some other names that emerged soon enough internationally, Brendan Julian who went to the west indies after the summer for instance. Miller, Kasprowicz, etc but so thin compared to the batting

The 1985 world championship , I was only 2. Anyone remember if it was a big deal at the time?

I remember the picture of all the teams in the book my dad had called ten turbulent years .

India spinner Laxman Sivaramakrishnan didn't go on to do much after leading the wicket taking.

The 1985 world championship , I was only 2. Anyone remember if it was a big deal at the time?

I remember the picture of all the teams in the book my dad had called ten turbulent years .

India spinner Laxman Sivaramakrishnan didn't go on to do much after leading the wicket taking.
was that when the McDonalds placemats had the team photos on them?

Eeesh. Greg Ritchie hosting the game currently on YT and his years of black face just came screaming back. What an absolute bell end.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back