Society/Culture Cricket Australia releases Transgender and gender diverse policy for players

Kram

I'll brik u
May 2, 2007
WA
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Chicago Bears, de Boer, Arsenal
Swimming is sport where I don't think there is much difference at all technically skills wise between sexes. Teens and adults males will obviously swim faster with more strength, but as far as kids go the girls quite often swim quicker than boys the same age because they can develop physically earlier.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

AngryRanga

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 6, 2013
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Toby Greene, Man City, Timberwolves
This is exciting news for those of us who always dreamed of wearing the baggy green but were never quite good enough. Just one question though. Is cross-sex hormone replacement therapy reversible?
I mean, your hacky joke is boring, but you raise a decent point.

Which is that no one goes through hormone replacement theory to change sex and play sport. No one. But it's always the first outrage point when some organisation implements a pro-transgender policy. To basically the entire first page of this thread, whatever your stance on the issue, can we be real and recognise that female comps are not going to be overriden by hundreds of dominant females born male?

Last edited:

Mike Smyth

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 8, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
I mean, your hacky joke is boring, but you raise a decent point.

Which is that no one goes through hormone replacement theory to change sex and play sport. No one. But it's always the first outrage point when some organisation implements a pro-transgender policy. To basically the entire first page of this thread, whatever your stance on the issue, can we be real and recognise that female comps are not going to be overriden by hundreds of dominant females born male?
Mate I'm actually surprised someone as basic as you actually understood the joke (and the topic). Well done..

Mike Smyth

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 8, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
Still smarting from the hiding they took on gay marriage the culture warriors have now decided that trans people are going to be the ones to bring society to it's knees. They're easier to spot than those sneaky poofters too.
Turn it up. The whoa was me "the only gay in the village" persecution complex is really old and boring.

You would be surprised with how many of those evil heterosexual, centrist/conservative white men have gay mates and family members..

Last edited:

Groin guru

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 21, 2017
Destination Club
AFL Club
North Melbourne
This is exciting news for those of us who always dreamed of wearing the baggy green but were never quite good enough. Just one question though. Is cross-sex hormone replacement therapy reversible?
I hear the ropes are closer in too. Let's do it. Time to hit some "fast" bowls into row Z. Then we can transition to AFLW

Mike Smyth

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 8, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
I hear the ropes are closer in too. Let's do it. Time to hit some "fast" bowls into row Z. Then we can transition to AFLW

Brilliant. The Australians women's cricket team has just found it's opening batsmen (women). I'll meet you at Sportsgirl in an hour.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

HairyO

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 13, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Starc bowls at 150km/h, Hazelwood bowls at 135-140km/h, McGrath at the end of his career and Stuart Clark bowling at 125-130km/h and the same sliding scale would apply to the women. Not sure of the point.
Id rather face 140km/hr from someone 5'6" thsn 120km/hr from someone 6'6".

The extra height and arm length is partly why the ball takes longer to make the journey, but the actually delivery speed is similar.

Plus the extra height leads to massively more variable bounce.

But yes, cricket is one of the less likely to be affected by gender.

Top Bottom