Cricket bat pr0n

Remove this Banner Ad

Oh yeah thats a classic.
Had a fairly big crack (2-3 cms) at the bottom of it - nothing that the fibreglass tape couldn't fix.

I had to put a new handle in it about 25 years ago.....got the shits up one day when I got out and banged it too hard on the ground in my disgust at getting out to a pie chucker (as I suspect we have all done in our days)......

It needed a new handle anyway
:D:D

One of my first bats was a GN double scoop (the one that had 2 skinny scoops + another 2 smaller ones at the bottom).

Mum bought it for me without telling me which was a big mistake. The bat was white; it was made in India (Kashmir willow); was a non-oil bat (had the polyester (?) covering) and it was an absolute piece of shite. Honestly, a piece of timber from the hardware store would have been better.

To make things worse, mum wrote my name on it (on the back) in black texta (which wouldn't come off)...

My mates called it the great white hope.

I was embarrassed to use it.

Last edited:

Fro5n5OaEAEKOZ9

They brought the Scoop back this season! If I'm not too late to sign up to a club for this season, I'm pretty sure this is the bat that I'd be buying for old time's sake.

eyJidWNrZXQiOiJ3ZWItbmluamEtaW1hZ2VzIiwia2V5IjoiY3JpY2tldGNlbnRyZVwvaW1hZ2VzXC9wcm9kaW1nXC81Mjk2MF8xLmpwZyIsImVkaXRzIjp7InJlc2l6ZSI6eyJ3aWR0aCI6NDgwLCJoZWlnaHQiOjQ4MCwiZml0IjoiaW5zaWRlIiwid2l0aG91dEVubGFyZ2VtZW50Ijp0cnVlfSwib3ZlcmxheVdpdGgiOnsiYnVja2V0Ijoid2ViLW5pbmphLWltYWdlcyIsImtleSI6ImNyaWNrZXRjZW50cmVcL2NvbnRlbnQtZmlsZVwvd2F0ZXJtYXJrLTMwLWxlZnRjb3JuZXIucG5nIiwid1JhdGlvIjoxMDAsImhSYXRpbyI6MTAwfX0sInZlcnNpb24iOiI2ODRjMDRlNTc2MDQ5MTZjNzg0MzRjN2RlMzhkOGQxY2M1NmRlYTQ5In0=

Speaking of bat pr0n from years gone by, M&H have had some ads pop up on my social feed. They're aren't even in the Grag Chappell catalogue, but damn they're still sexy bats. Sadly the pronounced oval handle was never really for me.

Original_grande.jpg

Duncan Fearnley passed away recently.

Duncan Fearnley bats were all the rage back in the 80s with some of the greats back then like Botham, Border and Viv Richards using them.

Sir-Viv.jpg
%2Fmethode%2Ftimes%2Fprod%2Fweb%2Fbin%2Fb0ee4914-c8db-11e9-a89c-c9184f0b5370.jpg
r266009_1112294.jpg

I never owned one myself, they were too far out of my price range as a young cricketer but they were a very highly regarded piece of willow.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back