Cricket bat pr0n

Remove this Banner Ad

It's 1984 and you have to choose a bat.
ECHnbPHXkAAFzLj

Mate of mine had a bat manufactured by Crown (think it was a New Zealand bat company). I cant find any pictures of them on the web.

Was a very ordinary bat to be honest.

For 20 years I used a GM Maestro, heavy as buggery but was the best bat I ever had.

Mate of mine had a bat manufactured by Crown (think it was a New Zealand bat company). I cant find any pictures of them on the web.

Was a very ordinary bat to be honest.

For 20 years I used a GM Maestro, heavy as buggery but was the best bat I ever had.
This one? The GMs around this time were so good.

e1b5c2a243562f327d6add1207eeb956--cricket-bat-the-s.jpg

The twin scoop (dynadrive to those who started watching a few years after that) in a heartbeat
Remember it as the dynadrive with the black and white check. Quite liked the early - mid 90s powerspot with the shiny spot

Also, want to add (assuming it hasn’t already) the Kookaburra Supreme. A heavy but well balanced stick that could despatch the ball effortlessly. Beautiful bat.

Also, want to add (assuming it hasn’t already) the Kookaburra Supreme. A heavy but well balanced stick that could despatch the ball effortlessly. Beautiful bat.

As a junior the Supreme was one of those entry level bats that every kid had who wasn’t a ‘serious’ cricketer - Kashmir, and most importantly didn’t have a ‘gimmick’ sticker on it like the bubble or the ridgeback

As a junior the Supreme was one of those entry level bats that every kid had who wasn’t a ‘serious’ cricketer - Kashmir, and most importantly didn’t have a ‘gimmick’ sticker on it like the bubble or the ridgeback
I had an English willow LH supreme, excellent bat. On the heavier side though. Was about the thickest stick you’d see, with a very rounded face.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I managed to buy one of Simon Katich's old bats about 15 years ago, it's still the best bat I've ever owned and still have it in case I end up playing any format again.

Definitely moved away from thick/heavy bats in my early days to really light bats at the peak of my powers. Katitch's bat was super light.

I found with a light bat and a much higher swing speed/faster reaction time, I could put them in the car park with regularity. I couldn't get anywhere near the same power with a chunk/heavy bat.

View attachment 1617064

Bats 1, 2, 3 and 4 were the absolute staples of the non-Asian bat scene when I was a kid, along with the hallowed Grey Nicholls Elite

For a while there was also a simple allocation of which bats were used by who:

Gray Nicholls - Greg Chappell
SS (and the Jumbo) - Viv Richards
Duncan Fearnley - Ian Botham

I think Viv switched to Duncan Fearnley after a while too.

1139108HypernovaGen1.0PlayersBat_Back_3d8b59b8-895c-4c1c-b9cb-9a91b420f593_1500x.jpg

Some modern day cricket bats are pretty hideous. This looks like some bogan tribal tattoo on the back of it. Much prefer the cleaner looks.

For a while there was also a simple allocation of which bats were used by who:

Gray Nicholls - Greg Chappell
SS (and the Jumbo) - Viv Richards
Duncan Fearnley - Ian Botham

I think Viv switched to Duncan Fearnley after a while too.
Viv also had the Slazenger V100 with the Rasta stripes on it.

1139108HypernovaGen1.0PlayersBat_Back_3d8b59b8-895c-4c1c-b9cb-9a91b420f593_1500x.jpg

Some modern day cricket bats are pretty hideous. This looks like some bogan tribal tattoo on the back of it. Much prefer the cleaner looks.

GN seem to have diverged their range of stickers between the UK, Aus and even the Sub Continent.

The UK range look shithouse IMO, fully agree

Remove this Banner Ad

Back