Cricket bat pr0n

Remove this Banner Ad

Nice article, I had a Slazenger as my third bat ever, after the Gray Nic single scoop - quite a big bat for a 12yo - also heard a rumour Lillee has a shed full of aluminum cricket bats - I spoke to an old guy who used one in a club cricket match and made 38, which is pretty good going given the jarring and lack of meat like a plastic milo cricket bat. Kind of a cricket killer. Roo Yardley believed that the plastic bats introduced into the in2cricket system had an adverse effect

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice article, I had a Slazenger as my third bat ever, after the Gray Nic single scoop - quite a big bat for a 12yo - also heard a rumour Lillee has a shed full of aluminum cricket bats - I spoke to an old guy who used one in a club cricket match and made 38, which is pretty good going given the jarring and lack of meat like a plastic milo cricket bat. Kind of a cricket killer. Roo Yardley believed that the plastic bats introduced into the in2cricket system had an adverse effect

I saw a Lillee signed Combat go for just under a grand recently.

Roo Yardley believed that the plastic bats introduced into the in2cricket system had an adverse effect

To this day, hitting a tennis ball flush of a plastic cricket back is almost as satisfying as middle a cricket ball of a gray nichs. Such a sweet sound, and you barely even feel the impact.

d61b883c1f9411aa947c0b2c5e6f9050.jpg

Pumas and screaming cat by Julian Millichamp

You dont have another Screaming Cat you would part with? Its the missing piece to my collection?

If you've got ten minutes spare here's a really nice vid by Fantail Bats who make and repair cricket bats.

Slightly tangental but I bought a Laver and Wood on the basis of their Youtube videos (they are also NZ based like Fantail) and it goes like the absolute clappers, best bat I've ever had.

Laver and Wood.jpg

Last edited:
Slightly tangental but I bought a Laver and Wood on the basis of their Youtube videos (they are also NZ based like Fantail) and it goes like the absolute clappers, best bat I've ever had.

View attachment 925176
These were the bats Sachin Tendulkar actually used. Apparently he just changed the stickers. Lots of the worlds best players do as well I think.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

just found this Gem, one of my all time favs 49214F65-67A9-4F5A-AF10-C23882C1358D.jpeg

Always loved me a good Fisher bat back in the day.

Aside from the roughly 2005-ish model slazenger I’m using now which has been very reliable and hits a reasonably long ball the best bat I’ve had looked like an absolute plank. It was a GN Sabre - like a later version of the old Dynadrive like Jimmy Adams used with the twin scoop on the back. The finish on it was lacquered on the back and had this fibreglass type finish on the front but f*** me it made me some runs

AE418335-796E-4EFC-A09F-C8D71CF07355.jpeg AE418335-796E-4EFC-A09F-C8D71CF07355.jpeg AE418335-796E-4EFC-A09F-C8D71CF07355.jpeg EE08EF2F-A763-46BA-88B1-C8EA961B4A89.jpeg

Haha, that blade has become a backyard cricket special these days by the look! Is that "the Prince" that i can read on there?

Haha, that blade has become a backyard cricket special these days by the look! Is that "the Prince" that i can read on there?

F***en hell have you got lasers for eyes or something???? Yes!

a mate and I at uni once sat down and basically had a two hour metaphorical wank watching Lara tear australia apart, and he found a sheet of stickers next to him some girl had left in the common room and wrote The Prince on it hahahaha.

I once hit a century off 38 balls with that bat!*

*small ground, synthetic pitch and utterly no pressure as we were chasing 112

a two hour metaphorical wank watching Lara tear australia apart
Can recall having many of these as well that's for sure. Did you catch him in that Bushfire relief match from last year? He's still got it!

I once hit a century off 38 balls with that bat!*

*small ground, synthetic pitch and utterly no pressure as we were chasing 112
Don't play it down too much. Those synthetic pitches can make the ball dart around like crazy sometimes.

Can recall having many of these as well that's for sure. Did you catch him in that Bushfire relief match from last year? He's still got it!

Don't play it down too much. Those synthetic pitches can make the ball dart around like crazy sometimes.

Yeah he still looked a million bucks in that charity game. Would still play spin better than 95 per cent of most current batsmen im certain.

ive only ever hit three hundreds and they all have their good and not so flattering aspects. The one I mentioned was against this ordinary team that had one good bowler but he had white line fever and kept bouncing me. The syntho pitch meant I could just keep leaning back and ramping him over slip for 6, I may have done it 8-9 times. He spat it and when I was on 96 he was fielding at deep square leg and knew the game was over so had just cracked a beer hahahaha. I booked a ball straight down his throat and he dropped it over the boundary

I made another one with that bat when we were 5-22 at one stage but the side it came against were ordinary at best. Most of the innings I’ve played where I’ve been up against good attacks and done well or played in tough conditions have been 50-60-70 scores. I’d have been a good kiwi bits and pieces player - bat 7/8 and bowl second change!

Oof, he must have been spewing! Still playing cricket these days?

Yeah I’m a bit busted - I’ve put on weight and my left knee is dodgy so bowling is probably behind me. I played second grade last season locally and had a lot of fun. We bailed from first grade about 5 years ago but bought this group of teenagers through who are bloody good so last season myself and a few other older blokes sort of tried to guide them along a bit, we won the comp and are back in firsts this summer. I will probably stay in twos unless I make a mountain of runs. You still play?

Yeah I’m a bit busted - I’ve put on weight and my left knee is dodgy so bowling is probably behind me. I played second grade last season locally and had a lot of fun. We bailed from first grade about 5 years ago but bought this group of teenagers through who are bloody good so last season myself and a few other older blokes sort of tried to guide them along a bit, we won the comp and are back in firsts this summer. I will probably stay in twos unless I make a mountain of runs. You still play?
That sounds like a great season. Playing in the twos is always good fun, especially with a group of enthusiastic teenagers.

Personally, no. I'm in my early 30's now & used to play for Druids CC based in West Footscray. Was never a good batsman, but used to open the bowling. Unfortunately I developed deep-vein thrombosis in my arm a few years ago which basically spelled the end of me as a bowler. Returned for a few games after that but could no longer throw the ball in the field without feeling pain. These days I'll just occasionally show up to training & just spectate at the games.

Attachments

• 6ED3BB0A-C04A-4CDA-BC14-0DE4A1FE9A8C.jpeg
    6ED3BB0A-C04A-4CDA-BC14-0DE4A1FE9A8C.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 46
  • CA81AA38-9E1D-4133-A9A2-1BAFF068397F.jpeg
    CA81AA38-9E1D-4133-A9A2-1BAFF068397F.jpeg
    835.1 KB · Views: 47
  • AAFCBB92-2A02-48C7-9AF6-F350284E4745.jpeg
    AAFCBB92-2A02-48C7-9AF6-F350284E4745.jpeg
    144.4 KB · Views: 53

Remove this Banner Ad

Back