Cricket Bats for Juniors?

Remove this Banner Ad

Bubbas Back

Rookie
Jun 28, 2013
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Hi All

Has anyone got suggestions as to which Bat i should look at for my 14 year old, he is adamant he wants ''English Willow'' claims that was the difference between turning his fifties into hundreds last year
smile.gif

Trouble is i don't want to mortgage the house for a Cricket Bat, his last bat was a Kaboom (the cheap version) he is looking to upgrade on that.

Any suggestions on what is the best value? Preferably in English Willow.

Thanks

Look into small places that hand make their own bats. Lots cheaper and better quality and if your boy wants a brand bat buy the stickers on line. Bat prices are rediculous. $500 for a top of the range kookaburra or gray nic when i played was bad, now its near $700. Its a joke. Most of that lines players pockets that are rich enough!!

Look into small places that hand make their own bats. Lots cheaper and better quality and if your boy wants a brand bat buy the stickers on line. Bat prices are rediculous. $500 for a top of the range kookaburra or gray nic when i played was bad, now its near $700. Its a joke. Most of that lines players pockets that are rich enough!!

Real top range (Players bats)are about 950 dollars now

Real top range (Players bats)are about 950 dollars now
Outrageous!! Have we hit peak english willow or something. Bats marketed as players imo are bullshit. A current aussie player passed on some older model bats to players at my old club and these were absolute cannons. Far better than a standard top of the range stick. Those were the reports i heard

Hi All

Has anyone got suggestions as to which Bat i should look at for my 14 year old, he is adamant he wants ''English Willow'' claims that was the difference between turning his fifties into hundreds last year
smile.gif

Trouble is i don't want to mortgage the house for a Cricket Bat, his last bat was a Kaboom (the cheap version) he is looking to upgrade on that.

Any suggestions on what is the best value? Preferably in English Willow.

Thanks

Go to like sportsmart or something and see if they can do you a deal on any older models.

You might get last season's stickers but you could get like $100 off for basically the same thing

Remove this Banner Ad

Back