Rules Cricket Board Rules

Remove this Banner Ad

Jul 15, 2003
Vegas
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
The Cricket board is a place for people to talk about cricket and to have some good natured laughs.

The Cricket board rules can be boiled down to 2 simple principals.

1. Don’t be evil.

This is your basic aggressive behaviour stuff. It’s the unwarranted abuse, harassment, etc of other people; it also includes all the racism, bigotry, vilification, etc type of stuff as well.

Put simply if you behave like a nasty little so and so towards others you are going to attract the attention of the mods.

2. Don’t be annoying.

We can’t list all the annoying things that people to do. But as a rough guide, some of the annoying things people have been doing lately are listed below:

*OTT exaggerations. Declaring that ‘player [x] is the worst player ever’.
*Endlessly banging on about the same rubbish over and over again. Yes we all know you think Lee is the best/worst bowler ever, there is no need to say it 500 times a week.
*Bumping old combative threads
*Misguided attempts at ‘humour’ If it can be taken the wrong way make it really obvious that you are joking.
*Starting deliberately provocative or combative threads Opening posts (including the thread titles) are modded more strictly than regular posts. A well reasoned argument about why you think Hussey (or whoever) should be dropped is fine. Saying "Drop Hussey, he sucks" is not good enough.
*Constantly engaging in repetitive arguments Nothing is more boring than people who keep on getting involved in endless multipage arguments. Learn when to drop it.
*Arguing with Mods Do not chuck a tantrum because one of the mods gave you a slap on the wrist. This is guaranteed not to end well for you.
*Deliberately trying to come up with smartarse ways to get around the rules.
*NSW Bias etc. Go anywhere near there and you'll get a yellow card.

3. No discussion of ways to access illegal streams
That means no links, no hints on what to search for to find them, no requesting that information, and no posting of invitations to do it via PM

...As usual posters will be treated according to their history of behaviour. Long term good posters have more latitude than regular troublemakers or newcomers who come in shooting their mouths off.

It’s pretty simple kiddlywinks: behave like a reasonable human being and you will have no problems whatsoever.

You guys know nothing about cricket!!!

LeaveBritneyAlone_thumbnail.jpg

Can the mods change his alias to Disrespected Poster for the duration of the Ashes please.

He was permanently banned for a reason, why not have a little fun with it.

Disrespected Halfwit is probably more appropriate, but that would be in violation of weevil's almost biblical "two commandments" (cue thunder and lightning).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In all seriousness, why are the mods allowing this alias to exist? It is blatantly obvious who it really is, to pretend otherwise is childish.

If he is permanently banned then I'd assume this would include all aliases. True or false?

If you have softened and are now allowing him to post during Ashes then just let him post under the banned user id and stop this facile charade.

Yeah, understand your point of view.

Despite how it might seem we are not mad keen on booting people form the cricket board. Especially when the people in question have 'only' broken rule 2 and are genuinely passionate cricket fans. (Passionate enough to change ISPs just for the sake of regaining access!)

Naturally enough we have to balance this against the ongoing 'good health' of the board and the comunity...We actually knew it was him straight away and have been treating it as a bit of a giggle as we waited for everyone else to figure it out.

Ultimately you are right, and the rules do have to applied consistently. It's been a bit of fun, but I can't imagine this is going to last much longer.

We are talking about what we are going to do...He will probably just lose control and shoot himself in the foot anyway.

You're username is very ironic, and I don't think I've ever seen you get pawned so often in the space of a week. :)

Im quite happy to go back to my old username, LtD.

I was never actually permanently banned according to the message I recieved when I was informed of access being removed from the cricket board. Rather I needed some time off to "re-calibrate" my approach to the board. I was under the perception that my problem was obsessive posting that was clogging up the board. You know, replying to everyone who disagreed with me and what not.

I believe so far I haven't been like that at all, in fact, I only post a few times a day normally and will be during the Ashes as well due to other commitments. I won't be able to watch the game and post at the same time, as such ill probably only be able to post sporadically.

I believe I deserve another chance on the board, I served a fair time off and so far I think I have dealed with the problem I had on the board. Now I have other stuff to do and I simply don't have the time to post as much as I did before.

I won't be any trouble at all.

Why do you want to comeback?

2powosm.jpg

Which one of you blokes is McLeod and which one is Edwards?

You guys married to a couple of spiteful slappas too?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back