Rules Cricket Board Rules

Oct 3, 2003
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Centrals
2. Don’t be annoying.

We can’t list all the annoying things that people to do. But as a rough guide, some of the annoying things people have been doing lately are listed below:

*OTT exaggerations. Declaring that ‘player [x] is the worst player ever’.
*Endlessly banging on about the same rubbish over and over again. Yes we all know you think Lee is the best/worst bowler ever, there is no need to say it 500 times a week.
*Bumping old combative threads
*Misguided attempts at ‘humour’ If it can be taken the wrong way make it really obvious that you are joking.
*Starting deliberately provocative or combative threads Opening posts (including the thread titles) are modded more strictly than regular posts. A well reasoned argument about why you think Hussey (or whoever) should be dropped is fine. Saying "Drop Hussey, he sucks" is not good enough.
*Constantly engaging in repetitive arguments Nothing is more boring than people who keep on getting involved in endless multipage arguments. Learn when to drop it.
*Deliberately trying to come up with smartarse ways to get around the rules.
Bump. Some people need to read this again.

Can people please look at threads they are starting.

Here's a tip:

If you want to start a thread on Clarke being s**t /a s**t captain or
A thread on what the test XI should be and how s**t the selectors are

There's a thread somewhere in the last 2 weeks that you can post in.

Kim Hagdorn

Club Legend
Oct 7, 2009
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
the NSW v VIC debate is making this forum unreadable. It's out of control. Who cares?

Just seen this post today and couldn't agree more, it's **** ing annoying.

And what is the go with aliases? 'bushranger' has obviously returned under a new name and posts more complete drivel around here almost exclusively on the same topic.

I understand this is probably the one of the toughest boards to moderate on BFooty but the Victorian inferiority complex is getting very, very tiring..

Just a suggestion re the Vic v NSW obsession, why not just have 1 mega thread where Eddie et al. can have their debate and let off a bit of steam? Then you can immediately card people who carry on with the crap in all the other threads.

Mar 4, 2009
kanamaluka
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Hurricanes
It was always going to happen, and without adequate mod patrolling (CJ does his best but where are the rest :confused:) and guidelines like atm it will continue to happen because people know others react. Some people don't know they're doing it as we are mostly slaves to conformity and just say what others do, but this needs to be noted and they need to just get a 'g'day how you going, now can you please be aware of this, ect' and the ringleaders such as Eddie need to be stopped.

May 2, 2007
WA
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Chicago Bears, de Boer, Arsenal
If there was a viable alternative from NSW, he'd be gone, but as the alternatives are from other states, they need to 'prove themselves' (hopefully until someone from NSW comes along ).

Nevill would probably be a better option but he's Victorian born so maybe they don't accept him fully?

The Victoria v the world thing never gets old.

DeadlyAkkuret

Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts
Mar 10, 2007
Ensconced in velvet
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Lakers, West Ham
I think it's pretty clear that it's mostly one way traffic and we all know which way that traffic is going. You'll get people trolling all players, but there's one state that cops it the most and one state that seems to dish it out the most.

The two posts Kram quoted are perfect examples of state bias being brought into the discussion for no reason other than to provoke/whinge. The mods are stamping it out, and it's about time.

Jul 12, 2004
Junktion Oval
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
England
It does go both ways though, you do get posters from certain states who will always say x player is s**t because they come from y state

There is also plenty of baiting going on from people north and they know some people will always take the bait and its those who take the bait who get punished

But looking at the test side now, it may become a bit of a light hearted joke in the near future, lets be honest there is right now only 1 player holding up peoples arguments and he is there because of his state, maybe not so much they wont drop someone from there but more same state as the skipper. If he went then most of it would die down pretty quickly

May 2, 2007
WA
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Chicago Bears, de Boer, Arsenal
Here is another classic.

Its a valid point, not bothered by what a tool like you thinks of my post.

NSW have a very strong lobby in Australian cricket and NSW players benefit from that. No matter how much you cry about people posting it, it is true.

With Wade not being seen as an automatic replacement, good chance the lobby will get Nevill up. Dont care either way so long as we get rid of Haddin.

Apr 7, 2010
La Capanna Restaurant.
AFL Club
Essendon
so as far as i can tell, we've got two problems with this board as it stands: Ian Dargie ruining every second thread, and violating like half the stuff in the "Don’t be annoying." section of weevil's OP, to the point that it's pointless engaging in any thread they have a presence in, and the long running problem of posters feeling the need to talk about how hot some woman shown on TV is, which is pretty obviously unacceptable. I've been reporting this stuff lately but I should bother doing that? Ian Dargie is still running amok, and as far as I can tell, people haven't been told to stop being creeps in the match day thread

Jul 12, 2004
Junktion Oval
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
England
Is Brad Haddin a protected player on this board?

Amazing some people can post nothing but negative s**t about every player, but 1 negative comment about Haddin is disallowed? Or maybe some posters are just protected trollers...

I would ask the mod in question, but it appears the mods on this board are now secretive and you don't know who it is...

Back