Cricket Discussion - Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Watched Will Pucovski's short innings this morning. Boy he looked all at sea, he was out for one but could have been out a couple of times before that. Despite some big scores I do not think Pucovski is any certainty for the first Test.

I think if Marcus Harris can get runs in this match he may take David Warner's spot if Warner is not fit. All eyes have been on Pucovski but Harris has notched up a double century has an average of 90 this season and has 9 Tests under his belt.

Australia A are 3/60 with Travis Head out for 18 and Marcus Harris 35 not out. This has not been a good match for opening batsmen as they have contributed just 5 runs between the four of them.

The England ODI of South Africa has been called off due to COVID infection within the so called secure bio bubble. At least two England players and a couple of hotel staff have tested positive for COVID.

South Africa is no 18 on the list of the world's most infected nations with 3,313 infections and 43 deaths yesterday.

Australia are due to tour South Africa in February 2021. With South Africa's now proven inability to maintain a safe COVID bubble that tour would have to be in jeopardy. If the Proteas want to play Australia that badly let them come over here as India have done.

Well after all the wankfest over Pucovski, he's been hit in the head and gone off retired hurt, possibly with concussion (again). Burns is woefully out of form, dragging on for a duck. So now the discussion could turn to Harris and who?

Well after all the wankfest over Pucovski, he's been hit in the head and gone off retired hurt, possibly with concussion (again). Burns is woefully out of form, dragging on for a duck. So now the discussion could turn to Harris and who?

Hopefully David Warner recovers in time.

Shaun Marsh, come on down!

Joe Burns another 0. Harris may be there but on form his opening partner should not be Joe Burns. In the past week Burns has 4 runs in 3 innings for Australia A against India.

India all out 194 in reply Australia A 9/108 with Cameron Green in doubt.

Joe Burns another 0. Harris may be there but on form his opening partner should not be Joe Burns. In the past week Burns has 4 runs in 3 innings for Australia A against India.

India all out 194 in reply Australia A 9/108 with Cameron Green in doubt.
Not quite - Green has been subbed out of the game, and Patrick Rowe (who?) came in for him. Any more injuries, and we might be forced to pick Mitch Marsh 😬.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not quite - Green has been subbed out of the game, and Patrick Rowe (who?) came in for him. Any more injuries, and we might be forced to pick Mitch Marsh 😬.

Thanks for that Phil, I had not relised that Green was another permanent casualty.

Australia cannot take a trick atm.

Apparently Patrick Rowe is an U19 Australian wicket keeper batsman. I don't think he has played for NSW yet. Mitch Marsh would probably have played but he is injured atm.

Following Cameron Green's mild concussion the Australian selectors have added Moses Henriques to the Test squad. Apparently the belief that Australia needs an all rounder, even if they are not up to Test standard, is still alive and well.

In a short space of time Australia has gone from having four opening batsman contenders to probably one. A month ago Warner, Burns Pucovski and Harris were all competing for two spots now just Harris is left. Among the experts Joe Burns is firming as Harris' partner but only because there is no one else. On form Burns does not deserve a place but using a makeshift opener is probably just as risky.

Following Cameron Green's mild concussion the Australian selectors have added Moses Henriques to the Test squad. Apparently the belief that Australia needs an all rounder, even if they are not up to Test standard, is still alive and well.

In a short space of time Australia has gone from having four opening batsman contenders to probably one. A month ago Warner, Burns Pucovski and Harris were all competing for two spots now just Harris is left. Among the experts Joe Burns is firming as Harris' partner but only because there is no one else. On form Burns does not deserve a place but using a makeshift opener is probably just as risky.
Yeah I can't see an alternative. Talk of promoting Labuschagne to opener is crazy, as it would throw the whole top order out of balance. Marnus has starred at 3, and Smith a superstar at 4, so they need to stay there. That said, we'll probably be 1 for 0 anyway, so it's a moot point.

Yeah I can't see an alternative. Talk of promoting Labuschagne to opener is crazy, as it would throw the whole top order out of balance. Marnus has starred at 3, and Smith a superstar at 4, so they need to stay there. That said, we'll probably be 1 for 0 anyway, so it's a moot point.

If they are going to promote someone up the order it might be Matthew Wade. I also think the selectors are itching to squeeze Cameron Green into the line up. They have this love affair with all rounders. Wade might open in the first test with Green batting at no 6.

I agree, playing Labuschagne as a opener makes no sense. He has taken the world by storm at no 4 so leave him there.

If they are going to promote someone up the order it might be Matthew Wade. I also think the selectors are itching to squeeze Cameron Green into the line up. They have this love affair with all rounders. Wade might open in the first test with Green batting at no 6.

I agree, playing Labuschagne as a opener makes no sense. He has taken the world by storm at no 4 so leave him there.
Yeah I don't agree with the infatuation with having an all rounder in the team, but in this case I'm all for it, as I believe that young Green is something special. I'm not saying he's a young Ian Botham, but the kid is very talented, and I'm keen to see how he goes at Test level.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back