Cricket Discussion - Part 1

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

View attachment 263463

Modern day bat on the right, bat of yesteryear on the left. No wonder players can hit the ball so much further these days!!!
Ricky Ponting calling for a reduction in the size of bats. Maybe this would have been a bit more credible if he'd done it when he was playing, and that he'd backed it up with using a bat of regular size and not the monster he wielded.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-07-06/ricky-ponting-calls-for-cricket-bat-size-restriction/7572278

Last edited:
England v Pakistan at Lords. Big win to the visitors in the First Test - the Poms were chasing 283 to win, but could only manage 207. It may indicate that the Aussies could have some competition out here next summer: after the Windies debacle last summer, I damn well hope so!!!!!

I know it has only been one day but jeez the Lankans have been bad.

What's their excuse - all their kids have gone to play soccer or basketball?

In the last ten or so years, I have celebrated maybe 1 or 2 Aussie tour victories.

All the rest, I have lamented the fact the home team have been less than Shield standard.

Test cricket - RIP - if only the Yanks had been involved.....

Pinched a day off tomorrow. Should I take the missus out to lunch or watch the cricket....

Forecast?
This morning's radio news suggested that rain could rear its ugly head throughout the 5 days. Exactly what that means for tomorrow, I'm not too sure.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Aust 6/146 ... all batsman bar the two openers get starts and are out in 20s/30s. Voges is 41no. Unless tail wags not a big lead.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back