Cricket Discussion - Part 1

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please spare us your anti Australian crap it is becoming tiresome! There is plenty to criticise atm but have a bit of respect.

Not sure why you carry such a huge torch for Faf du Plessis? This is his second ball tampering offence. He was fined half a match payment in 2013 for scuffing the ball against Pakistan. Neither he or South Africa challenged that decision and one could argue that a second offence should have bought suspension. His team mate Vernon Philander has also been cited twice and fined once for tampering with the ball. The South Africans are not in a position to take the moral high ground on the issue.

Anti Austalian, lol's.

faf was punished by the ICC according to their rules, for people to say he should've got a game, that was being stupid. I can't even remember the last person who matches for ball tampering of any nature. Now if you said the ICC need to be stronger against ball tampering, then I'd 100% agree with you.
Until they become more stringent against it, then players from all test nations are going to do it, (Australia included) not just South Africa.

Anti Austalian, lol's.

faf was punished by the ICC according to their rules, for people to say he should've got a game, that was being stupid. I can't even remember the last person who matches for ball tampering of any nature. Now if you said the ICC need to be stronger against ball tampering, then I'd 100% agree with you.
Until they become more stringent against it, then players from all test nations are going to do it, (Australia included) not just South Africa.
I read the other day that the only player who's been suspended for ball tampering was Shahid Afridi. He was found guilty of BITING the ball - his excuse was he was only trying to smell it :)

I read the other day that the only player who's been suspended for ball tampering was Shahid Afridi. He was found guilty of BITING the ball - his excuse was he was only trying to smell it :)

Ah remember that one now, and many years ago was that now 15? and people expected faf to be suspended... ROFL.

Renshaw a bit unlucky there, i always thought the benefit of the doubt went to the batter.

Only cause the wicket has flattened out nicely today.
Good to see some players put a price on their wickets for a change. Still lots of time for a collapse though.
No doubt this is a key partnership, with the 2 debutants and the returning Wade to follow.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I find it a but poetic, the commentators were blowing so much smoke up that Maddinsons arse saying how hes the next big thing for australian cricket and a few deliveries later clean bowled. :rolleyes:

I wonder if he'll be in the next test... That was a rhetoric question, yes he will because he plays for NSW.

Redbacks 4/272

Head 109no
Cooper 43no
Now 5 for 349. Head out for 130, Cooper 87 not out. The big challenge tomorrow for our bowlers will be to get through the defences of Cameron White, which virtually nobody has done this season. The guy is in career best form - if it continues, he must surely come into contention for the tour of India.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back