Cricket Discussion - Part 1

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can see us losing this by a handful of runs: geez they're frustrating!!!!

On a brighter note, surely Sayers can do no more to earn Test selection - another 8 for 93 in this game.

Nope, mitch marsh did alright last night so that's guaranteed his test spot for the next three summers.

5/77 now. Still could lose this as after Carey and Lehmann we've got 4 bowlers (Mennie, Richardson, Sayers and Grant) who could add the winning runs or get out for a handful of runs. If Lehmann and Carey make it to 100 then we're on top but not totally out of the wood.

Carey and Lehmann we're getting us to a safer position but after adding a partnership of 33 Carey is out for 6. 39 still needed to win. Hopefully the bowlers can hang around with Lehmann and add a few runs. No reason why they can't, after all you just need to have two partnerships of 20, but although that's something that happens when the pressure's off, it's not something you can rely on in a chase, especially from bowlers.

EDIT : Once I'd completed this post we need 30 to win with 4 wickets remaining.

8/120 and Stobo has 4/46. Lehmann is stil at the wicket on 46, having just made SA safe from losing with a 6.

EDIT : SA win by 2 wickets with 8/121, Lehmann 47 no.
Wow: talk about heart palpitations. Thankfully Boof junior held his nerve.

Wow: talk about heart palpitations. Thankfully Boof junior held his nerve.
Never in doubt. Remember that BigBash game last year where he won it with a 6? Tied this game with a 6. Don't really see any reason yet for him to get a call-up yet though. Apart from Maddinson the new blokes did OK and he won't be dropped after one innings(and the fact that's he's from NSW).

Same squad for the Brisbane Test, so Maddinson gets a reprieve. It'll be interesting to see whether Bird or Sayers gets the third fast bowling berth.
I have to agree with Richard Earle when he writes this,
"Jackson Bird is destined to retain his test spot with no amount of Sayers wickets apparently enough to cover for absence of height and bounce selectors crave."

Bird could take no wickets but that will not prevent the selectors saying that his intimidation factor allowed Starc and Hazlewood to pick up wickets. And the cricket-watching public will believe them. While if Sayers was selected he would have to come in with a performance like that of de Grandhomme to be counted a success.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Victoria are 41 runs behind Tasmania with 2 wickets left. Victoria have Dan Christian on 79 no and Jon Holland on 0 no with John Hastings to come. John Hastings may be injured as he usually comes in earlier but the match has been delayed by rain and looks likely to end up a draw.

The match is now a draw and Victoria lead SA by 35.69 points to 29.63.

Victoria are 41 runs behind Tasmania with 2 wickets left. Victoria have Dan Christian on 79 no and Jon Holland on 0 no with John Hastings to come. John Hastings may be injured as he usually comes in earlier but the match has been delayed by rain and looks likely to end up a draw.
With this match not yet completed we are on 29.63 points from 5 matches and Victoria 33.39 from 4. If the Victoria/Tasmania match is a draw then Victoria will have 2.8 points from this match or a total of 36.19.
And that's how it'll stay for nearly 2 months. I realise the Big Bash is a necessary evil, but 7 weeks? Definitely a case of too much of a good thing.

I know there are a lot of cricket toffs here but i love watching the big bash.

Aussies in a little spot of bother in the dead-rubber ODI, 4/101 after 25.5 overs.

Can Head get 50 again? It's a shame he didn't get picked for the 1st Test, would much rather see him in the Baggy Green than wear bloody blue

Aussies in a little spot of bother in the dead-rubber ODI, 4/101 after 25.5 overs.

Can Head get 50 again? It's a shame he didn't get picked for the 1st Test, would much rather see him in the Baggy Green than wear bloody blue
Surely Maddinson is skating on thin ice if he has a double failure in Brisbane. If Head keeps churning out the runs, he'll get a baggy green soon enough.

There've been some pretty rotten decisions to review in this series. That one was plainly out and the one review was wasted. They may have been thrown off by the bad decision that was made in the first ODI when the Steve Smith review was out. Even if the skip thought that was possibly unlikely reviews should be treated tactically, if there's a chance of getting Steve Smith early you want to grab it.

SA have won the first Big Bash (WBBL02) by 14 runs over the Melbourne Renegades. 116 to 102. Player of the match was S.Devine of the Strikers with 43 from 38 balls and 4 of the last 6 Renegades wickets were run-outs. And not just pin-point throw run-outs, the Renegades really shot themselves in the foot with some terrible running.

Stuart Clark sticking up for fellow New South Welshman Nathan Lyon. He was on Fox Sports News this morning, arguing against Lyon being left out of the Brisbane Test in favour of SA's Chadd Sayers. Clark basically said that Lyon is just starting to find form after taking a few wickets in Adelaide, so why leave him out? The thing is, the guy who would replace him is arguably the most lethal pink ball bowler in the country, so for mine it's a no brainer. Hit Pakistan with 4 quicks - in our own back yard, I reckon they'd be too hot for the visitors to handle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back