Cricket Discussion - Part 1

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have to say what a beautiful ground rivals the South African ground.

Imagine batting with a view of the Himalayas.

The crowds in India have been disappointing though.

No change from the last game. There was some talk Kane Richardson may come in but he otherwise hasn't come up or the selectors decided Worrall deserves a go after 7 wickets in the last game. A couple of games ago I may have maliciously suggested Kane Richardson comes in for Callum Ferguson as some runs are better than no runs but Callum redeemed himself against Tasmania.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

2 big wickets - Pujara and Nairn to Gazza ... spin and bounce ...both caught in short off glove - 4/167

10 overs to go in the day. India are 80 behind and will still trail at the end of the day. If Ashwin and Saha can build a partnership India may have a significant lead. Jadeja is handy but the only other one with any acceptable average is Kumar. The most likely outcome seems to be that there will be very little lead to anyone after the first innings.

EDIT : Ashwin's wicket fell as I was writing this. Now it's unlikely India could take a lead and if they're not careful they could trail by 50+, which would be a pretty poor collapse after being 4/216.

Catches win matches. The report in the paper said they were tough chances but they should be taken by Shield cricketers. SA put down 200 runs but even with that had Victoria 6/345. Had they got out for 400 things could be even as it is a 5-day game but Gotch and Pattinson have added an unbroken 76.

India 20 behind with 4 wickets in hand. Jadeja 33 with 3 sixes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back