Cricket helmet - old school side guards

Andrewdads

Draftee
Apr 4, 2020
AFL Club
Sydney
Hi everyone
I’m trying to find a Cricket helmet you can buy with the old school Perspex/plastic side guards like AB is sporting here. Seems you can’t get these anymore. Grills
Only. Or Anyone with an old helmet or even just the side guards they’d be willing to part with? any idea how to find these?
Andrew

Attachments

ROOTA#6

Brownlow Medallist
May 12, 2006
Bendigo
AFL Club
St Kilda
Hi everyone
I’m trying to find a Cricket helmet you can buy with the old school Perspex/plastic side guards like AB is sporting here. Seems you can’t get these anymore. Grills
Only. Or Anyone with an old helmet or even just the side guards they’d be willing to part with? any idea how to find these?
Andrew
You won’t be able to buy anything like that over a counter..it would have to be via eBay or a garage sale etc.

Can’t be worn in a game tho

PhatBoy

Brownlow Medallist
May 5, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
You won’t be able to buy anything like that over a counter..it would have to be via eBay or a garage sale etc.

Can’t be worn in a game tho
the laws aren’t uniform everywhere yet.
We don’t have to wear them (country NsW)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

PhatBoy

Brownlow Medallist
May 5, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
Was Matthew Elliott the last test player to wear that style helmet? I can't think of any others of the top of my head.
Jimmy Adams would be my guess - when Elliott had his brief return he wore a grille im pretty sure.

carl Hooper also I don’t think ever wore a grille

Top Bottom