Workshop Cricket Kit Designs/Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Honestly don't understand why BBL would basically re-use the same designs from last season - given the entire league exists as a cash-grab, you'd think surely they'd want to put out fresh designs every year to get people buying jerseys.

Not mad, just surprised.
they have tended to stick with a design for 2 seasons before a fresh design and template is used (at least with Majestic)

Does anyone know how many years Majestic has the contract for?

Noticed South Africa wearing new ODI (middle) yesterday against PM's XI. T20 kit on the left..

View attachment 580352

View attachment 580351

agYSrin.jpg

South Africa wearing those yellow shirts against Australia showed me that Australia should use gold as their primary colour in International Cricket. We wore it from the start and only for a few seasons where we thought we would go against what we always wore and went for the green, we have stuck with it. Australia has been the only country to wear it in International Cricket, except for Sri Lanka in the early days of World Series Cricket when we gave them gold and blue uniforms to wear and now South Africa. Green is a colour that is used by many nations, Pakistan, South Africa, Bangeldesh and Ireland. Australia have a sort of trademark on the use of gold as a cricket uniform colour and we should try to keep it ours as much as possible.

If you can remember back to the mid 1990's, South Africa was looking for a new third colour for their uniforms. That is when their World Series uniforms had red in them as well as green and gold. If anything else is used on their uniforms it should be the South African flag, which is placed above the South African logo on their shirts.

nXBa1OQ.jpg

Honestly don't understand why BBL would basically re-use the same designs from last season - given the entire league exists as a cash-grab, you'd think surely they'd want to put out fresh designs every year to get people buying jerseys.

Not mad, just surprised.
I know having followed the Stars they have made small adjustments either every 2 or 3 seasons or so. For example
This season vs last season
upload_2018-11-19_9-0-34.png vs upload_2018-11-19_9-1-13.png

No green cuffs, black side panels are slightly bigger, black trim at the bottom of the guernsey, white shine is less defined, Star even looks a darker shade of green etc etc.

That wouldn't exactly help build brands to get people emotionally invested and coming back to help with the grabbing of cash, would it.

Doesn’t stop most football clubs around the world.

Most football clubs around the world aren't less than a decade old.

Still don’t really see what changing the jersey annually would do to prevent emotional investment in a BBL team when end of the day it’s nothing more than a shirt in the case of the competition. It’s not like the AFL where a guernsey is the heart of the club - people would support their BBL team and buy the jersey regardless of what design was on it as long as it was the right colour. No one (or at least not many) “bleed” for their team in the same way they’d bleed the colours of their footy team - the entire thing exists as a family orientated spectacle centred around a game of cricket.

As I said though it doesn’t bother me or make me mad, it’s just from my perspective, it would make sense for them to put out a different design each year and make a bit more cash.

I might be taking it the wrong way but I do support my Big Bash team the same way that I support my football team. I adore them and I am a made fanatic for my team. When we lost a few years ago in the Final I was in tears. I am a die hard fan however I could just be the odd one out?

I might be taking it the wrong way but I do support my Big Bash team the same way that I support my football team. I adore them and I am a made fanatic for my team. When we lost a few years ago in the Final I was in tears. I am a die hard fan however I could just be the odd one out?
Yeah, you’re the odd one out. Personally nowadays I go for the fun of day.

tenor.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Still don’t really see what changing the jersey annually would do to prevent emotional investment in a BBL team when end of the day it’s nothing more than a shirt in the case of the competition. It’s not like the AFL where a guernsey is the heart of the club - people would support their BBL team and buy the jersey regardless of what design was on it as long as it was the right colour. No one (or at least not many) “bleed” for their team in the same way they’d bleed the colours of their footy team - the entire thing exists as a family orientated spectacle centred around a game of cricket.

As I said though it doesn’t bother me or make me mad, it’s just from my perspective, it would make sense for them to put out a different design each year and make a bit more cash.
I would imagine the same could have been said for Carlton in the first decade of their existence.
Fast forward to BBL150 and imagine if Sydney Sixers had used pretty much the same jumper for most of the last 150 years. Now imagine changing it. Imagine the outcry.
It's the same, or close to, but in 2018 not 1918.
We'll never get to "our shirt is sacred" territory if we change the shirt every year.

I would imagine the same could have been said for Carlton in the first decade of their existence.
The first Carlton guernseys weren’t being used to sell fried chicken and beer though.

Fast forward to BBL150 and imagine if Sydney Sixers had used pretty much the same jumper for most of the last 150 years. Now imagine changing it. Imagine the outcry.
It's the same, or close to, but in 2018 not 1918.
We'll never get to "our shirt is sacred" territory if we change the shirt every year.

tenor.gif

Nope I’m the same. Amen friend

I bleed for the Australian Cricket team, Big Bash is nice to watch after work but I don’t see how people get emotionally invested in it, it’s hit & giggle cricket designed to entertain kids and appeal to people who don’t have the patience for red ball cricket.

Each to their own though.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Cricket is pretty boring. bbl is the best thing that's ever happened to it in this country.
imo cricket is good to have on the tv during the day while you are doing other things like having it on in the background, the BBL however is more the type of game you can just sit in front of and watch!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back